Veiled Modifiers in Path of Exile: Betrayal

"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Arthur606 wrote:
What we need is not new fancy mods but removal of old useless mods

GGG needs to steal a page from D3 and have a vendor that will allow us to remove a specific suffix mod and replace it with 1 of 3 RNG rolled mods to choose from. I always hate these single digit mods like "reflects 1 to melee attacker". What the fuck GGG , the low end ranges of mods on high level gear should never ever be this crappy.

This has been one of my biggest criticisms of the game.

So a low ilvl item cannot roll higher tiers - fair.
So a high ilvl item can roll higher tiers as well as low ones - okay, I guess.
However, a high ilvl item has SIGNIFICANTLY MORE CHANCE OF ROLLING LOW THAN HIGH - I don't get this!

I understand that it's not that simple and there has to be rarity element to top tier items to keep the game balanced, but rolling a Tier 7 or 8 %phys damage roll on a corsair sword is 37 times more likely than a Tier 1, and this most important mod for a sword in general is only rolling 1 out of 14 times on average. I understand you can't make it too available, but this is literally the only thing that has made me stop playing Delve. I wasted a ton of currency crafting a weapon and just had enough when I saw people dropping mirror tier foils and then pumping out 40ex per service - guess I could compete with them pushing Delve with that level of income?

I love the difficulty aspect of certain things in the game, but rolling 1 mana gained on hit on ilvl 86 items is ridiculous. Maybe for Tier1-viable items, discard the 3 lowest roll tiers to at least make it decently more likely that higher tier content will drop better rares, so people actually pick them up?

Last edited by WithLoveEarL on Nov 21, 2018, 8:07:51 AM
"
MannersPlease wrote:
"
tru2dgame wrote:
"
That bow mod...you wouldn't want mobs nearby

Don't forget that once you craft it on ONE item... it is available to craft on ANOTHER item.

For example - craft 21% attack speed if an enemy is nearby on a bow. Mod is now available to craft onto another weapon such as a MELEE weapon.

Instantly it is super useful.

This league will include some strategic unveilings that you can apply to different use cases as they come up. It is not just about the single instance anymore.

(I KNOW I BLEW YOUR MIND THERE)

Maybe I missed something, but any particular reason you know that a bow craft will be able to be applied to a melee weapon? Cause using your logic, I could craft the 25% movespeed from my BOOT armor onto my GLOVES armor as well as my TINFOIL HAT armor and my BODY armor and my SHEILD armor too. Which I would greatly enjoy, but it won't happen.

I'm not claiming to know that any particular craft will or will not be able to be used across 1h melee, 2h melee, 1h ranged, 2h ranged, but there seems to be 0 reason to positively claim that they all will. And there seems to be good reason to assume they all won't. So no, my mind is not blown...at least not for the reason you are hoping....

TL;DR: replace the word "item" with "bow" in your first sentence and your whole post makes 0 sense. Then tell me which one of those two sentences are more likely.

Oh snap, this is quality hahahahaha!

Boring.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
"
kreca73 wrote:
duuuuuuuuuuddeeees, what you're doing and been doing for some time is killing the middle class(the reliable category of players).
that happens because you move all the power a char can have into items, items that need to be dropped, so you get a good chunk of players (i'd guess 15% to 20%) quit because they inevitably hit that wall where what you're given (yes TALENTS, and they suck compared to items) and what you find can not and do not, even with good amount of trying/invested time, compensate for the content you're supposed to do. so they quit; quit without even trying to find that allusive veiled trinket.('cause let's be real what's displayed there looks like 90+ stuff)

it feels that the pure capitalist model the game works under will crush and burn when there will be no more innocent gamers to fool nor rich couch-potatoes to briefly entertain themselves while preaching to the masses: yes, you can do this too ...

(talents suck vs items because you can easily go to 90 (~1day?) with items but no talents and can't(it's way harder) do 90 with talents but no/white/base items).

wtf is this kid saying ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info