Veiled Modifiers in Path of Exile: Betrayal

So glad that the crafting is getting to be bit more accessible to non-monopoly players as well.
"
Entropher wrote:
"
ebeninami wrote:
"
Mustanger302 wrote:
Any chance this 'pick one of three' option thing could be applied to Lab helm enchants as well?

THIS!!!!!!

+1

+1
"
Entropher wrote:
"
ebeninami wrote:
"
Mustanger302 wrote:
Any chance this 'pick one of three' option thing could be applied to Lab helm enchants as well?

THIS!!!!!!

+1

Awesome idea.

It would lessen a pain point without creating any serious balance problems.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
Langhun wrote:
So glad that the crafting is getting to be bit more accessible to non-monopoly players as well.

Are you sure ? I have my doubt about that. having over 100 Veiled modifier that need to be unlocked at level one and then unlocked SEVERAL tims per level seem to me like its a no-life monopoly.

This resume it to:
% chance to have item with X Veiled mod you want.
# of time to be found needed to level.
This already seem more tedious than any of the current master grinding.

Let's take very generous numbers!

So even if you were to find said mod to level on 1/5 veiled items and it required 10 craft to level the craft from lvl 1-5. <--- They wont be that generous.

You would still need to farm 50 Veiled items.

If you go for x4 need (1/20 and 40 to max level) <---- more likely
You would need to farm 800 veiled items to get 1 single veil mod maxed.

At least master level were easy to grind in 820 to get all crafts. Regardless of how boring they were. They sure needed a change in crafting but I wonder what it will look like.

Either way, change to crafting is welcomed but only time will tell if it's great or terrible.
Last edited by petitcrabe1 on Nov 18, 2018, 9:45:54 AM
"
petitcrabe1 wrote:
At least master level were easy to grind in 820 to get all crafts. Regardless of how boring they were. They sure needed a change in crafting but I wonder what it will look like.

You make a very good key point.

Boring grinding is boring. This is bad for the game. Bad bad bad.

Grinding per se is fine, so long as it is interesting. Grinding which is fun to do is good for the game. Good good good.

So long as the GGG devs remember this (they don't always, but they often do!), the remaster (ha!) will be a good thing.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
Mustanger302 wrote:

No please no :O
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
These become crafting options? Oh. Well. Um. I guess you guys don't really realize what power creep means.

I don't think you really know what it means?

It's when the only way to add anything interesting to the game is by increasing the power/adding new, stronger mods. Do you believe there is not enough content, storyline and changes added overall to justify some more powerful/diverse options to be available? Do you believe that a perfectly rolled sword with good old mods will be useless now?

Or you're just a boy who cried wolf?

Point is - it is build enabling, thus adding more variety to the game and not just power creep. Why have to cry and complain immediately when GGG are working hard to add stuff to their game? Maybe it's time for you to play Diablo Immortal?

Last edited by WithLoveEarL on Nov 19, 2018, 2:25:37 AM
"
ImPump wrote:
This looks amazing, but one very important question is on my mind.

Since these are crafted modifiers, and "master" crafting is still a thing, albeit in a slight different form, will Elreon's "Can have multiple crafted mods" craft still exist? If so, I'm honestly a tad worried about the levels of absolutely insane that items can/will inevitably reach this league.

I think you'll need to position the syndicate in a way to 1) spawn Elreon at the top, 2) Keeeel him and 3) Get RNG on your side to unlock this craft.
Last edited by WithLoveEarL on Nov 19, 2018, 2:37:45 AM
Very nice.
<*)))><
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
ebeninami wrote:
"
Mustanger302 wrote:

THIS!!!!!!

Awesome idea.

It would lessen a pain point without creating any serious balance problems.

+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info