How has this game improved since it launched on Xbox?

"
(Regarding Stash Tab Pricing)

"
Lambda_X wrote:
... I feel like a lot of players can agree this should be #1 priority for console.

since you brought it up - regarding Xbox at least:

While I agree that many players would be in favour of stash tab pricing including myself, personally it would not be my first choice.

In fact, some sort of buyout option would be my first market related choice.

I'd probably also prefer a fix for desync over stash tab pricing as well.

And even if we restricted it to things that might happen, it is closer, but I'd prefer customized loot filters over stash tab pricing.

The good news is that there is so much that GGG could do to improve the experience on console - unfortunately, it's also sort becoming of the sad news too ....

Oh, and I'll be mightily disappointed if PS4 gets stash tab pricing before Xbox One does. I guess that we are the middle child in the POE family now. Gee, the oldest has all the best toys and the youngest gets all the attention.

That's fair; it's just kind of the main thing that has prevented myself and others from really being invested in PoE on console. The feeling of an actual economy is part of what makes PoE great in my opinion.
Tbh, I also think economy is really important, especially as the game evolved around it and also many players came from other games like diablo 3 when they killed its economy.

But as some already reported, the lack of being able to choose your realm is for some probably the worst. I have friends in philipines and they have better performance on london servers than they have on australia, which is mainly their default realm. They constantly get disconnected and are super desperate. They also promised that they will work on this. I mean facing with desyncs and so many other QoL stuff missing, crashes and disconnects and preventing those by selecting the realm, should be highest prio, but seems this content update cycle of 3 months is just too much to handle for this small probably unexperienced xbox team. As noone really talks to the community, hard to say which case it actually is. But it feels like some small indie dev team working on the first game with its only goal to make money, not providing a good gaming experience. (only talking about the xbox handling, the game itself is the best in its genre by far)
Last edited by filix on Nov 17, 2018, 10:50:52 AM
Yea any sort of communication about this stuff would be amazing
i borrowed an xbox one just to try it ahead of the ps4 release, and its fun ive got a one s and its fine but it desyncs once in a while and lags once in a while to be expected. the navigation in menus could be better but its by no means as bad as what other replies have stated.i dont know about group play as i dont have gold but on ps4 theres communitys that you can post in to lfg so idk.
"
jahmish wrote:
i borrowed an xbox one just to try it ahead of the ps4 release, and its fun ive got a one s and its fine but it desyncs once in a while and lags once in a while to be expected. the navigation in menus could be better but its by no means as bad as what other replies have stated.i dont know about group play as i dont have gold but on ps4 theres communitys that you can post in to lfg so idk.

Tbh I agree with you, that the user experience is for the first hours/days is not the worst, if you know the game from pc.

Question is, how mayn trades did you do? Do you have a full stash of items to sell? Did you play a build that depends on movement skills to get around efficiently? Did you run into 1 year old issues, that you connect to a realm far away from you, forcing you to play with a super high ping and countless disconnects?

All those issues, you can first time you experience accept, as yeah you would assume ggg is cool and they will fix this ofc. But exactly this is the point, they didnt in the last year, but they left us with a faq mentioning plenty of features to come and since then silence. More and more with every content patch it got more silent. So if you start the new league hyped by the new content, and then after some time run into the same "shit" again. They were fighting with crashes during the last leagues a lot. New visuals and skill combinations caused plenty of crashes. Some have still issues to actually finish act 5 kitava or lab, luckily I never ran into those, except the one time, when the lab always crashed when you clicked the ascendency shrine/altar at the end, but that was last december or so.

The overall bad taste coming from the players is just because we feel abandoned and ignored after most of us also spend plenty of money on the game, lured with kinda false promises. I know its a free to play, but 4 stashtabs could never give you a real rich experience of this game. And saying what they are going todo and asking for supporter packs is kinda buying in to make those promises happen. Some say, why are you angry, you saw the game, you paid for what you saw it is, but we also always saw whats supposed to come. Fixes. And this is their business model. They announce a new content update and before you can see it first hand, they already offer supporter packs. Ofc you can wait till you see it, but they always do, look this is what we say will come, support us and make this happen now and launch their packs. Asking us to trust in ggg. This game is awesome, and ggg is known to keep their promises in general on pc, so its just more and more frustrating that this doesnt count for the xbox version. I just hope that after ps4 release, they have some more motivation to work on both console ports.
Last edited by filix on Nov 22, 2018, 1:00:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info