[3.15] Crimson Bow Gladiator, RoA + Puncture | Pure Bleed Build | All Content | In-depth

How much damage do you think Ryslatha's Coil give do you think? I'm trying to justify the cost when i see everyone use it but PoB shows no bleed damage increase.
"
Rezechs wrote:
How much damage do you think Ryslatha's Coil give do you think? I'm trying to justify the cost when i see everyone use it but PoB shows no bleed damage increase.

I think we can simply calculate this as "40% more physical attack damage".

Since it basically increased our roll range, it isn't effective 40% more damage but more like at least a constant 0-40% more damage (dependent of attack speed and lucky rolls) since bleeds take the higher roll for damage.

We should realistically test it on a thousand parses (sim numbers etc) and see average higher roll.

That's why i think author said that attack speed is important.

More attack speed = more arrows = more chance to have higher bleed = pog ryslatha's
I was trying to sim the mod "enemies have -20% to total physical damage reduction against this weapon's hits".

I ended up finding on forum that physical damage resistance for enemies can't go negative.

It means that it's an useless stat if we compare elemental penetration and physical "penetration" (that's exactly why this isn't called penetration, penetration goes below zero, not this one).

Also we can't now how much monsters have physical reduction (find nothing).

I was like "But what about helm mod, it's the same", but it's not.

Helm is 9% increased physical damage, same for flesh and stone and war banner.

Si it might be a potential dead mod

(thread https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2687014/page/1)
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
herflik wrote:

And I meant that it should work exactly the same as elemental to make it consistent.
That's not possible because penetration applies to resistances, and there is no physical resistance in PoE to penetrate. There's Physical Damage Reduction, which acts differently from a Resistance in several ways. That necessitates a different mechanic to interact with it.

EDIT :

When i sim your mod like Farsight skill tree (Enemies have -10% to Total Physical Damage Reduction against your Hits), it doesn't add any damage.
Contrary to "Enemies have -10% to Total Physical Damage Reduction against this weapon's hits" who is not calculated by pob (red writing), Enemies have -10% to Total Physical Damage Reduction against your Hits doesn't seems to add any damage.
Last edited by Solemplow on Dec 31, 2019, 6:07:55 AM
Enjoyed this build so far until one-shotted me with reflect.
Going to relevel it again since I just can't get rid off bleeding pop sounds
Is the weapon mod "Chance to deal double damage" increasing my bleed dps if the double damage proccs?

I would asume it does, but I'm always a bit confused with the ailments mechanics.

just wish they had resists instead of Rarity and Stun Recovery. Was able to craft Movement Speed at least.
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Dec 31, 2019, 8:22:09 AM
One more thing that i've discovered right now :

"Bleed damage is not reduced by armour, but will be reduced by any other sources of physical mitigation, such as endurance charges or Immortal Call." (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bleed).
In metamorph they only increased monster armour and life.

So basically the mod "Enemies have (-20–-17)% to Total Physical Damage Reduction against this Weapon's Hits" is useless for us, except when we face endurance charges monster or we run 40% physical damage reduction map mod("This stat would also apply to Physical Damage Reduction from other sources, like Endurance Charges and map modifiers").
"
RobusLitt wrote:
Is the weapon mod "Chance to deal double damage" increasing my bleed dps if the double damage proccs?

I would asume it does, but I'm always a bit confused with the ailments mechanics.

When i put this mod on my stuff, i only get total dps boost, but no bleed dps change, so i guess it doesn't work.

But like everyone says, pob doesn't calculate bleed correctly so i don't know, that's what pob says.
A warning - i'm not doing gear advices right now because they a lot of time when in the end i usually have to repeat what the guide says anyway.

I didn't have too much time to work recently. I managed to play around with new passive tree options without RT and it looks pretty damn good. Again, i'll almost definitely switch but i'm still debating which version i should take. My current end game passive tree version also looks really good for level ~100 (due to unused jewel slots), so there's 3 or even 4 passive trees that i'm thinking about right now. The worst problem - they're all very similar stat wise.

I'm heavily leaning towards one because it's least reliant on gear/jewels. Overall seems most balanced of them all.

"
niuage wrote:
Spoiler
Sorry if you felt attacked, I didnt suggest you should change the guide or anything. I was just surprised to see so few imperial bows on poe.ninja. I've never played bleed builds so I cant judge how the difference in attack speed/dps feels.

I simply extremely dislike that argument. It often implies that majority is right, when in reality they don't actually understand how bleed scales. That's a problem caused by popularity of PoB which is abyssmal when it comes to showing the actual dps number.

In the end, bleed will destroy everything and these people are going to be stuck during long attack animation. Imperial Bow is also the best choice for end game version of the build.

"
Solemplow wrote:
Spoiler
I have some questions. What should i change next for my stuff ? I have pretty much "good" gear and don't know what my next upgrade must be.

I played rain of arrow until i got my actual weapon (felt incredible, so much better than split), i use split now but i will try rain again with this weapon soon.

For jewels, in which order should i chose affixes (i have at least always %increased life) ?
16–20% increased Damage with Bleeding
* 14–16% increased Global Physical Damage
* 12–16% increased Bleeding Duration / Attacks have 3–5% chance to cause Bleeding
* +3-4% to Physical Damage over Time Multiplier
What gives better clear/boss damage ?

Is tailwind on crit from hunter boots good for us ? Tailwind is incredible but does we proc it often or is it a no ?

I don't remember if i can sustain mana without my mana leech on gloves, and how to change theses ? Phys damage over time, increased damage with bleeding ? What's better ?

I could change my body too, more life, more/same res with a good evasion base.

Same for helmet, what enchant should i get ? I have flesh for a free war banner but i think actual split arrow / puncture damage would be much better.

Quiver seems okay.
Weapon, would multimod it later to reach 400pDPS with more attack speed

If people have advice about all of this, i would gladly take them.

A hell lot more quotes than this.[/quote]
You wrote a lot these past 2 days. I'm not going to interrupt the self-discovery how bleed works (when you could simply use wiki). Some corrections and points:

* Mathil's initial PoB had added 60% more damage which is straight up incorrect. He corrected it later to 100% more damage, which is closer to what the mod actually does. However PoB sucks when calculating bleed damage and will never give you the actual number.

* Tailwind might proc more or less reliably if you're using end game build without RT. Otherwise you rarely be able to proc it. Still not worth the crafting cost.

* I don't specify which helmet enchant you should use because there's a lot of them that are useful. There's no "best" choice. It's your choice, period.

"
Haasts wrote:
Spoiler
Looking forward to the passive tree update/thoughts.

I hadn't considered Redeemer boots as slightly more iLevel forgiving Elder boots for Endurance Charge generation (especially given Outmatch and Outlast); had seen a lot of people on poe.ninja using Hunter boots for faster bleeding. Need to make myself a "stat weighting" cheatsheet of the various sources of damage (faster bleeding, increased damage with bleeding, physical damage over time etc) along with things that don't affect it (projectile damage etc etc).

SSF trickles on - up to 21 Watchstones; had some trouble with T15-16 Drox with low DPS (still no bleeding bow; spending a lot of time in relevant Delve biomes for Corroded Fossils but only found four and semi-bricked my bow) but the other Conquerors were fine; got Sirus fairly low on a blind attempt so there's potential there. Have quivers for every Conqueror but Hunter, annoyingly.

Elder boots have always been great and that didn't change. Endurance charges on kill simply work so damn good for Gladiator. Redeemer has the same mod pool pretty much, with some extras. Hunter boots should give around 6-7% more damage with downside of reduced bleed duration... but who needs that? It's just not worth crafting it. I'll take elder boots any day.

Stat weighting is something i might add to bleed calculator once i update it. It's super easy to do.

If you you're killing high tier conquerors without fossil crafted bow... then the build has indeed ridiculous damage output. Sirus is definitely killable, Waggle used bow bleed to kill him in SSF as well.

"
Rezechs wrote:
Spoiler

Ryslatha's is the core item. Don't even think about switching it for something else. It gives roughly ~25-35% more damage depending on rolls and situation. It's even more if you use catalysts to increase attack mods.

PoB sucks at calculating bleed. The mod simply doesn't work.

"
RobusLitt wrote:
Spoiler

Double damage mods only apply to hits. It does nothing for bleed.

"
Thomasmgp wrote:
Spoiler

just wish they had resists instead of Rarity and Stun Recovery. Was able to craft Movement Speed at least.

It's a big, big shame. If you annuled the rarity then the boots would be top tier. Annuling obviously comes with a big risk that i'm not sure if you're willing to take...
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides

Been wanting to try out this build this league, crafted this bow, but hit horrible phys damage. I dont all that much currency, but should i keep rolling or will this do to start out with?
Last edited by Hemanse on Jan 1, 2020, 5:40:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info