[Article] POE impressions from a newcomer. New players from Diablo might be able to relate.

Article is here: https://www.pcinvasion.com/path-of-exile-diablo-beginner/

I mentioned in the past that my Managing Editor asked me to cover Path of Exile for the upcoming 3.5.0 content update, as well as interview Chris Wilson. Rather than just go in blindly and ask generic questions about the game, I decided to play it as well as talk to veteran players. At the very least, I'd have the knowledge and information to help me understand everything that's been going on and what players are looking forward to.

Naturally, the mechanics of POE completely overwhelmed me, but so did the response and support from the community. The article above details my experiences so far with the game and community interactions. If you're new to POE (perhaps a Diablo exile) you might be able to relate.
Last bumped on Nov 12, 2018, 10:29:51 AM
A journalist that's going to play the game well I hope it's not going to take you 85 hours to beat the tutorial and do like 1 damage while using one of the most broken skills in the game.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Nov 10, 2018, 11:16:32 PM
I_NO, read the article then snipe!

It's informative, and sums up a lot. Thanks for sharing, Jason.

I dunno I don't like reading articles anymore ever since the diablo immortal shit came with a bunch of journalist bashing us when they haven't a single clue why we're mad.

-.-

Not to mention Mr.IGN 1 sunder DPS 85 hours run lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Nov 10, 2018, 11:27:51 PM
"

I dunno I don't like reading articles anymore ever since the diablo immortal shit came with a bunch of journalist bashing us when they haven't a single clue why we're mad.

-.-

The dude has been recording his progress on Reddit and even asked for pointers, good dude and he means well. His write up is great and actually touches up on endgame unlike that blasphemy that was spewed by IGN (blegh). I also think he has an interview with GGG that covers the new league but it is under embargo.

I live for my e-peen
"

-.-

I'm not entirely sure about a "bunch of journalists bashing you" (meaning the POE community) just because of Diablo Immortal.

This was my write-up about the POE community's reaction to Diablo players joining the player base: https://www.pcinvasion.com/path-of-exile-diablo-reactions/
Everyone was mostly positive and helpful for newcomers.
"
Dahmura wrote:
"

-.-

The dude has been recording his progress on Reddit and even asked for pointers, good dude and he means well. His write up is great and actually touches up on endgame unlike that blasphemy that was spewed by IGN (blegh). I also think he has an interview with GGG that covers the new league but it is under embargo.

Yep, still under embargo. Although I already have a couple of write-ups readied.

- One for the actual 3.5.0 exclusive preview with all the new content/mechanics.
- The other would focus on the interviews I conducted with Chris Wilson about 3.5.0. That would have a few other things about POE in general as well as questions sent in by community members.
- I might even do a third with all the resources that were made available.

I was also able to ask a few questions related to Private Leagues and their design philosophy behind it during those interview sessions: https://www.pcinvasion.com/path-of-exile-private-leagues/
Last edited by JasonRodriguezPCI on Nov 11, 2018, 12:21:45 AM
I read through a couple of the linked articles, seem pretty solid man keep it up!
Last edited by AshRox on Nov 11, 2018, 1:42:15 AM
"

-.-

Actually ive been keeping an eye on this guys stuff for a bit now and from what ive gathered from it thats exactly what prompted this to start with.. And to go out and give an actual unbiased starting player review of the game.

And i have to say even though ill be the first to admit it has been years since i was "New" coming from "D3" all the way back in Rampage.. i can definitely relate to a lot with in even back then when starting out. There was a lot of shit to take in. I wasn't making the endgame raping monstrosities i make today that's for damn sure.. And sure wasn't doing such till after a good while of playing on quite a few characters.

Thats why that one article was so bad.. they didn't even bother to try to learn anything but still felt the need to give insight on the game.. At least this dude is trying to actually learn whats goes on as he goes which is how your suppose to do it anyway. You dont take games like this on to start with if you're not gonna dedicate yourself at a minimum to at least learn how the game even works.

Also gives some good references to existing POE community members for insight into things he has not made it to himself but, can still give insight for players looking at the game through the eyes of the experienced. Pretty good stuff so far.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Nov 11, 2018, 6:10:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info