POE just full screen clears?

Looking forward to PS4 release, however in all the recent POE vids all they show are full screen one shot clears. Is this the state of endgame to look forward to?
Last bumped on Nov 13, 2018, 6:50:27 PM
There's literally nothing wrong with that.

Go play heavy strike without any aoe or some shit see how that goes
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Wolfmanic wrote:
Looking forward to PS4 release, however in all the recent POE vids all they show are full screen one shot clears. Is this the state of endgame to look forward to?

Yes.
Yes.
"
Wolfmanic wrote:

What did you expect from ARPG? Ofc end game looks like that.
There are many ways to play PoE. Screen clear and clear speed is the normal meta. You can play it slow, but you have to manage your expectations of what you can do and how far you can go.

I can play slow and cheap with my Tanky EleHit Juggernaut but I can only reach T12 maps. Play with my Freezing Pulse Machine Gun Totem wielding Hierophant and I can reach higher but that will require way more investment and more fast movement and play, which for a slow fingered, old man's reflex I have, could prove to be a bit difficult.

But if you wanna be there with the boys of gazillion dps and Uber Shaper deleting crowd, that's the way to go. But you have to put the time, the currency and or the skills to be there.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
"

Yes there is. If I wanted to play a slot machine, I wouldn't play an ARPG. ARPG presuppose there is some Action somewhere, not just click2loot.

Some people care about gameplay. Still.
Sorry element274, some builds can clear shaper and guardians with low risk and not much investment or skill.

Why? Because some skills and builds are leagues beyond others. My last build was a meta and it cost 20c to get to shaper clearing.

THe last two leagues have pushed fast clear speeds on us like a plague. Previously solid builds failed for no other reason than they didnt fit the new clearspeed meta.

Its arbitrary, its fun for some but not all, it limit inventiveness and play style, and it feels lazy.

Why even have skills like incinerate anymore which may you stand still and channel?

Lazy design.
"
polimeris wrote:
"

Yes there is. If I wanted to play a slot machine, I wouldn't play an ARPG. ARPG presuppose there is some Action somewhere, not just click2loot.

Some people care about gameplay. Still.

LOL wrong game then GGG has been encouraging you to speed clear for months and no plans to slow it down. It's how it should be speed clear kill mobs repeat how an ARPG has always been played unless your build isn't very good well that's your issue.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Nov 10, 2018, 4:18:56 AM
Only really, really bad builds just clear full screens.

If you have any half-decent build, it should be clearing multiple screens at a time in the end game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info