POE just full screen clears?

I mean, he's got a point - D2 wasn't always about fast clear because of the trouble of immunities - granted you could log and create new game when you couldn't skip.

Either way, you couldn't always mindlessly clear, though to be fair they did have plenty of folks botting.

Ok so D2 was mostly fast clears and botting how about we go with that. At least the Baal bot groups saved me from grinding out the later levels.

Or maybe I should say D2 was mostly getting rushed/carried to hell and riding baal runs until ready for solo play.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
trixxar wrote:
"
element274 wrote:
"
trixxar wrote:
Sorry element274, some builds can clear shaper and guardians with low risk and not much investment or skill.

Why? Because some skills and builds are leagues beyond others. My last build was a meta and it cost 20c to get to shaper clearing.

Nice. Can you share a link or an idea of this build. I'm planning on maybe reaching Shaper next league, since my build this league died a lot on tier 15 maps and can't afford the Ex investments to get through. I hope it doesn't rely too much on flasks though. Thanks in advance.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2104647

Replace the Lyco shield with a lioneye remorse for 2c and the whole build is about 20c tops. Most of that is just rare 6l chest.

The blind jewel is key, and even at 5% chance your hit per second is so insane that you will blind them reliably within first second for bosses.

Unfortunately, this is not insta screen clear so you work harder in incursions and delve.

You can mostly facetank with the build but at guardians and shaper level you do have to watch positioning but it strong even if you arent experienced.

Thanks trixxar.

Well there you go OP. POE can just be a full screen clear, clear speed game you may want, don't even need the skills nor much currency. But that is entirely up to you, as I've said there are several ways to play this game but the meta is insta screen clears and clear speed. As for me I like the medium paced game, not so slow but not ulra fast either. I'm sure I'd try Acid Molten Strike Assassin trixxar linked and find out how it works and tweak it to how I like to play the game.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
Last edited by element274 on Nov 11, 2018, 12:33:10 AM
There is ONE screen clear build in Diablo II. The pure light javazon. Everything else is vastly inferior to her in clearspeed.
But the downside is being shit at everything light immune.

Now, the "best" farming specs are light sorc and hammer pal, because they thrive in the best farming zones (sanctuary and worldstone). Light sorc uses a simple line of damage, pal uses a wonky spirally damage shape which needs constant repositioning. Both needs godly gear to perform at the speed level of a mediocre javazon (who in turns, needs good gear to outpace them in her specifics area).

Then, when you actually run the numbers... The actual best farmers are the sorcs and barbarian specifically designed to run Kurast uber chests. And all they need is pure MF/GF.

So... err.. yeah. The best farmers, the most efficient ones (does that mean the best characters ?) in D2 need 0 damage output. Only fast movement and survivability. Boring as **** though. I wouldn't wish that on my worst ennemy.

Scary thought, isn't it ?
"
Did you have a bad build in D1 or something?

D2?

Hahaha D3??? Titan quest? etc Grimdawn? Oh man that's uh kinda stings can't find a decent build =( or make one for yourself and go OH THIS IS AN ARPG I CAN'T KILL SHIT!

Is that you? Probably eh

Dang I_NO if you would have played in 2013 you would have crushed the POE meta.

https://youtu.be/pfgm3bGKULE?t=577

LOOK SO SLOOO000W LULZZ!! LOL propably dumbass player. PORBABLY not even ARPG
"
WickedSausage wrote:
Funny alot of D3 players usually say that PoE is a slow game. Because they try it for 10 mins.
But in reality if we look at PoEs late game there is no ARPG with faster gameplay.
Even with 100kish dps you can clear tier 15 maps very fast. But now there are loads of builds with millions of DPS.

I understand that some people really want a fast gameplay and just wanna clear maps fast and collect loot.
But I get kinda bored with the late game. Everything melts and there is no real challanges except for some very unusual cases.
Playing together works at lower levels but in endgame its just effects all over the screen.

But think GGG is kinda stuck with this now. People have gotten spoiled and would rage if they had to go back to slower gameplay.

PoE is slow as hell when you first start maybe thats why if they are trying it for the first time
It's slow because if you come from D3-->Poe and open the skill tree on level 2 you are first dazed for 3 hours. Because there is more than 3 choices.
"
polimeris wrote:
"
There's literally nothing wrong with that.

Yes there is. If I wanted to play a slot machine, I wouldn't play an ARPG. ARPG presuppose there is some Action somewhere, not just click2loot.

Some people care about gameplay. Still.

Oh dont worry.. lucky for you that kinda game play only comes once you invest in your character to do such. Which is typically expensive as hell anyway so you'll be saving yourself a ton of currency in the longrun if thats not what you're going for and want that drug out actually hitting mobs more than once exp. You will get more than you ever bargain for.. Especially if you try doing some SSF shit.

Trust me once you get deeper into mapping you will see.. You will be longing for your build to get faster and faster as well.. And that's absolutely an ARPG thing that's the entire point in every ARPG ive ever played.. Get your build to endgame and continue to perfect it as you go to farm more endgame content faster to grind for items.. Literally what we play these games for to endlessly grind for loot... To put better shit on our builds to do it as fast as possible to maximize gains. And do it on something thats fun and enjoyable to play.

Now with that said i do absolutely agree with you.. there's more to playing games like this than destroying the content as quickly as possible. Im just saying enjoy the game while you can because it WILL get to that point eventually. Especially if you trade. I would almost suggest SSF for you judging for what you're saying in this thread actually to be quite honest with you. Sounds like you would get more out of POE. Because trading can litteraly skip build progression and jump you right into that kinda play. Granted its gonna cost you but the option to jump right into such is there for those who do enjoy it. and no there is nothing what so ever wrong with that. You still get to choose however you want to play in the end.. so does everyone else.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Nov 12, 2018, 3:33:39 PM
Speed clearing is one of the reasons I play this game. If I wanted to spend 10 minutes killing a group of mobs, I would play an MMO instead.
"
xxxwarkaxxx wrote:
Speed clearing is one of the reasons I play this game. If I wanted to spend 10 minutes killing a group of mobs, I would play an MMO instead.

Drop chances are the reason for speed clearing or for 10 minute fights. So drop chances are the reason you have to play the game a certain way. If the mobs that you fight for 10 minutes had way higher drop chances for good loot than the hordes of mobs in poe have, you wouldn't be bothered and the game would still be an arpg and maybe a more tactical and deeper one. Of course you would still try to lower the duration to 8,9 minutes (to kill faster), but if the game would say "nah, i am meant to be played slowly", it would still be an arpg and you could embrace this playstyle or not.

It is NOT the definition of an arpg to be played as fast as fuck. It is all about the loot. The loot and its drop chances determine the playstyle of an arpg. Besides skills etc. of course. So: if you play POE the slow way nowadays, you are fucked in terms of progression and loot (which is the same). That's why you go fast. To kill as fast as possible, to heat up the slot machine, to raise your chances.

It's sad that the tone in this thread is so agitated, because there is truth in the statement that POE is maybe going too fast and seems kinda brainless. The only reason people die to reflect is most often because they cannot read the rare-mob-attributes fast enough...
And i believe that POE has lost the overview over which combinations of items-skills-supportskills are possible. The damage numbers nowadays are beyond good and evil and simply cannot be part of the plan ;)
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
"
xxxwarkaxxx wrote:

I chuckled. I found it hard to do "regular" content in Swtor because of the lack of reward, why do I want to kill these npcs...

Attempts to form raid...

Some people in raid bought max level chars and never learned to play them...

Easy raid boss in game takes over 30 minutes and several wipes...

Becomes Poe Player.
Yep, totally over league play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info