Let's just hope GGG won't fuck up Delve implementation. A lot of work needs to be done here.

"
Meh. I think Delve would be a great addition to the core game. To each his own.

That is where you are wrong, friend. This is the internet!
Disliking something means no-one else could possibly enjoy it either.
It must be removed in its entirety.

'Optional content' is a foreign concept here.

--

But really.

I like the Delve mechanic & further potential with a little work, they would be silly not to make it core.
I would like to strongly disagree with the OP I really enjoy Delve and am still playing the current league because it is that good, I'd like to do it more and will be extremely disapointed perhaps even give the next league a miss if it doesn't go core.. Frankly I'm dreading them maybe doing what they did with Incursion (skipping a league before they put it in core). I really am not interested in going back to a plain vanilla Mapping endgame.

Now Sulphite as a mechanic is one of the most lazy paper thin gating strategies GGG has ever used but hating Delve because of this is like hating a roller coaster because the line to ride it is too long.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Nov 9, 2018, 2:37:48 PM
At the very least add delve into STD but not the future new leagues. It would give STD players endless content to grind their legacy gear vs.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Chalace2 wrote:
"
Meh. I think Delve would be a great addition to the core game. To each his own.

That is where you are wrong, friend. This is the internet!
Disliking something means no-one else could possibly enjoy it either.
It must be removed in its entirety.

'Optional content' is a foreign concept here.

--

But really.

I like the Delve mechanic & further potential with a little work, they would be silly not to make it core.

Agreed, I have always hated how so many people on the internet can't see past their own nose on optional content.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
I hope delve goes to the core. It is so good to pass up
Um, no, I very much hope Delve goes Core.

That said, it does have some issues I'd like to see addressed. The big ones to me:

Reward scaling far too exponential - Delve often felt unrewarding at depths 1-300, but then you break through 300 and suddenly currency nodes become common rather then rare as F, Outpost/city biomes appear much more frequently, and the city/outpost nodes shower you in red tier maps. I really think more attractive nodes like Currency and city biomes need to appear more frequently at shallower depths, but then scale up in appearance less as you go deeper.

Monster dps scaling is just too high - I've had characters that kill uber elder be unable to progress beyond 280 or so. The problem is monster damage scaling just goes crazy, and it really bottlenecks the builds that can push that deep to an extent i'm not very comfortable with.

And finally something needs to be done about repeat shadow fossil farming. If you run through an 'unran' delve path without breaking any walls, you can repeatedly loot its side areas for fossils. There are certain builds that can do it very quickly and easily with no fear of darkness, and they flood the market with fossils far too easily.
I don't see what's so good about it to be honest. I don't hate it or love it. It's pretty ho-hum.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:
Not sure what broken delve you're playing, but this league is freaking great and I'll take it in any form or fashion....even if it's only 10% of the time.

I personally hope they bring into the core game with 0 changes, but I know that's not realistic. I'm still good with less of it as long as I can still do it.

More like what delve you're playing. You should make distinction between delving (when you actually explore depths) and everything else. Because League is a whole is far cry from great.

10% of what we have now gonna be absolute garbage though, just as 100% of what we have now just gonna be Delve 2.0

But Delve needs complete rework at this point anyway.

My comment on the league is specific to being in depths, which is a lot of fun. Other elements of the league including the Zana mods I think were well done as well but that's not what I was referring to.

And yes, delve depths are great.
I completely disagree with OP - I always enjoy leagues. But delving is by far the most fun I ever had in PoE. And there are so many ways it could be extended or improved.
"
Nephalim wrote:
At the very least add delve into STD but not the future new leagues. It would give STD players endless content to grind their legacy gear vs.

I never thought about that but standard gear would make any depth laughable and since GGG seems to balance it around challenge leagues..

is that already an indicator it won't go core?

I liked delve very much and would be fine with whatever exp/loot penalty necessary to make it an alternative endgame.
Perception is reality.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info