Resources for New Players and Super Stash Sale

Very nice, I would just not recommend the subreddit, the community there has some mean members and when you’d think the moderators are there to help reinforce against bad behaviors and disrespect... Well let’s just say one or two of them gave me a hard time for no reasons by muting me from asking a question or even just posting on the subreddit for 72 hours when i was not spamming or anything and also by just being rude and deleting my posts even if they were all about PoE.

Side note, to be fair I did have some fun, and there are very cool players on the subreddit who did help me! Just don’t dare make a typo, everyone will pile on.

English isn’t my first langage and people tend to not apreceate the fact that you’re trying so they still insult you.
Last edited by CrimeWreck on Nov 9, 2018, 7:51:52 AM
"
crusadion wrote:
"
xpress69 wrote:
Its about time to have at least one free premium tab dont you think GGG? So that new players can try the game and trade without having to go balls deep right from the start.

you have been a member for 5 years yet still demand a free stash tab holy fuck... buy a fucking premium tab

I dont "demand" anything. I have several premium tabs, this post is not about me.

When you call yourself a f2p game and settle for trade system like u have right now, dependent on the web site and a premium stash so you can sell your stuff, and a new player comes in and has no means to sell his stuff without even buying something, i don't think it makes sense whatsoever.

Why would a new player buy something if he his at a point he doesnt even know if he's going to stick with the game?

I never used the old programs too trade, if someone new asks me at some point is the game free or how do i sell my stuff, ill tell' em you have to either spam trade chat or buy a premium tab.

Maybe im wrong, then just add all the trading programs used to the resource list maybe, since you're not giving new player a way to easly participate in trade.
"
necrochicken wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
alhazred70 wrote:

Argument reconvened: There are people who've played the entire game all content all endgame bosses with the default stash tabs. trade can be done with acquisition.

Argument concluded: yours is wrong.

What a bizarre argument.

You literally just described many of the most popular pay2win mobile games. Their entire business model is based on "Play the whole game without paying if you want, but it will be inconvenient and painful." Would you say that PoE is anything but "inconvenient and painful" with only 4 stash tabs?

Now, I happen to think that PoE is more of a pay2play game than a pay2win game (due to the non-scalability of non-cosmetic MTXs), but that's beside the point. The argument you just put forth is a really popular counter to pay2win accusations, but it falls flat with just the smallest bit of analysis.

How is it pay2play? I've played for years without spending anything

Well done, sir. Tell us about your experience of playing for years with only 4 stash tabs. Was it convenient? No pain points? You never felt disadvantaged at all?

Edit: Some dude did exactly this and killed Shaper, and then became famous for it. If it were as ordinary as you imply, do you think that would have been the case?
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Nov 9, 2018, 8:21:24 AM
"
necrochicken wrote:
If GGG released PoE as a $60 game with 4 stash tabs 1 being premium and a ton of microtransactions people wouldn't say a thing.

Oh this is too adorable to even criticize.

No offense, but are you new to the internet, by any chance?
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
Hopefully you ordered some new potent servers for a bunch full of new players :D
I love you fuckers.
Does anybody else click the first page to see the short, joyful postings just to click on the last one then to see how things evolved into pillowfights and burning villages?

@topic: smart move, ggg.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Oh please, please, please develop a gem stash tab system...
One day, my ship will come. And with my luck, I'll be waiting at the airport!

How is it pay2play? I've played for years without spending anything[/quote]

Well done, sir. Tell us about your experience of playing for years with only 4 stash tabs. Was it convenient? No pain points? You never felt disadvantaged at all?

Edit: Some dude did exactly this and killed Shaper, and then became famous for it. If it were as ordinary as you imply, do you think that would have been the case?[/quote]

Well shaper didn't exist before i bought stuff but no it wasn't overly painful i treat the game as SSF for the most part anyway as i can't be bothered with pricing things. Out of curiosity what does free to play look like to you? Dota? Poe would have died years ago if it used that model it doesn't have the player base. Perhaps they should just charge for the base game and every DLC they release would likely make more money and save us all having to listen to moaning about wanting more free shit. I'm off to the shop to demand they give me free food in the hope i buy a drink to wash it down.
"
NemoJr wrote:
"
necrochicken wrote:
If GGG released PoE as a $60 game with 4 stash tabs 1 being premium and a ton of microtransactions people wouldn't say a thing.

Oh this is too adorable to even criticize.

No offense, but are you new to the internet, by any chance?

Oh they would moan slightly about it then buy it and every piece of crap DLC that was released anyway. Throwing money at EA is fine but a fairly small dev nah they are just greedy they need to give us more free stuff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info