Mobile gaming thread

I wish the developers of Defender chronicles would update 1+2 to work on latest IOS.It is a Tower defence game but has some really great depth.Despite being a a TD game it is very looty and has Diablo/poe style items with stats.It uses RPG style units rather than actual towers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrRuKWpyUSY

Come across a game called Anima that is only on Android at the moment.

It's a ARPG very much Diablo 2.It's a free game and there is no catch as it has no Ads and just a single mtx to support the developers(one off payment).

It has quite a lot of things from Diablo 2 Gems,skills,rares and uniques.

The control and progression feel nice,the bosses are quite decently challenging although you can over level to make them easier.

The graphics are dark and gritty type.

It has Whirlwind!

The negatives:

The dungeons are a bit boring and monotunous ,it's kind of a lite version of D2 although it does do some things bit different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oh_G9UKU9o

It's possible they might add more stuff in time depending on if they get many donations.
I checked through this thread a while ago and saw it wasn't mentioned, I've been waiting like really sure someone would bring it up before long.

How the hell has Toram not been mentioned? It's easily the greatest mobile game ever, it puts 90% of PC MMOs to shame. The character building is crazy good, then there's the neat crafting and tons of really great boss fights. And massive amounts of awesome loot and character customizing.

Seriously, it's the only thing I miss about having some kind of mobile device. Used to not get sleep for days because I'd lay down to play while I went to bed and ended up just farming bosses all night to craft stuff to sell to buy better bases from better blacksmiths that I crafted onto anyways even though it'd end up worse cause I like to do my stats.

I played a halberd assassin type character as my main, I had some buffs and heals too though. It was sweet, I got this crazy badass tribal type coat thing one time from the gacha it was all colorful and only one half of the torso was covered in brown armor with a gold flower pauldron that had some horn type things on it. Then I has a little pink ram riding my head, I had really long fluffy hair, and a crazy sweet magic spike looking halberd I dyed yellow.

It's hard to explain well, I looked sick though, and my character performed much sicker. The combat is based off a combo system you set up before hand. You choose from a ton of different skill trees as you're leveling you have to buy them though and each time you buy a type the next different kind of skill tree will be more expensive. You can have them all if you're crazy rich, it'd be pointless though.

But yeah, you choose between a massive amount of skill trees and pick things from them you'd like your character to be based around. You know you want a tank you choose a one handed weapon type tree, then the shield tree, priest if you want more healer, paladin for some mixed stuff, knight is more for defending party member, and there was a new one around the time I stopped playing, they added dark knight and another one you could use with a tank. So you grab any of those that interest you and pick the skills/passives you'd like from them and place points into things that scale with those skills.

Then at first there's not much going on with the combos, I think you might not even be able to use it at the start. But once it's unlocked you set a couple skills, they get used one after another. You keep doing that and you earn more points to place more skills in the combo or add mods onto the existing ones.

For example, halberds naturally have really low accuracy and high crit, you don't need to invest into accuracy, I prefer consistent damage though. So I invested a ton into accuracy and a bit into crit/ crit damage and ended up with hardly any mana. My main skill was Triple Strike which gets a bonus hitting stunned enemies, and uses tons of mana. Once I leveled my combo stuff enough I was able to link a damage buff, a dagger attack that stunned with lessened mana cost, and Triple Strike with increased mana cost and more damage, then a skill at the end to recharge my mana, so it'd just barely suck up all my mana and do massive amounts of damage then I'd recharge it all. It was too long to be very effective solo bossing though, so I usually shortened it up for that.

Wow, there's still so many sweet things about the game I had in my head, this has become a really long rant though. I miss that game.

People, play it, it's great.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
A game I have to mention because I'm having a blast with it and I am actually playing it while on a break from POE.

The game is Exiled Kingdoms. I have 88 hours on Steam,It is also on mobile both Android and IOS.The mobile version is more zoomed in but still enjoyable.I actually have bought both versions I like it so much.

It is very oldy style RPG. On the outside it might look a little shallow but more things are revealed as you do quests and actually turns out quite deep.It does not feel like a mobile game and doesn't have Ads or mtx ,you simply pay for the full version that has more content.

It does have different difficulties ,I chose normal where you cannot save in dungeons and indoor areas but you can save any time outside.You can play a warrior,rogue,mage and cleric.

"
Kavlor wrote:
Come across a game called Anima that is only on Android at the moment.

It's a ARPG very much Diablo 2.It's a free game and there is no catch as it has no Ads and just a single mtx to support the developers(one off payment).

It has quite a lot of things from Diablo 2 Gems,skills,rares and uniques.

The control and progression feel nice,the bosses are quite decently challenging although you can over level to make them easier.

The graphics are dark and gritty type.

It has Whirlwind!

The negatives:

The dungeons are a bit boring and monotunous ,it's kind of a lite version of D2 although it does do some things bit different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oh_G9UKU9o

It's possible they might add more stuff in time depending on if they get many donations.

Anima's great for what it is. I consider it on par with Buriedbornes in terms of very small dev team, criminally underpriced mtx set up and the feeling of passion that suffuses the entire game.

Exiled Kingdoms is pretty good too but it doesn't have the same compulsion I get to play and play and play the aforementioned two games. I'd probably pick The Quest and its many expansions over Exiled Kingdoms were I to want to lose myself in a huge fantasy world on mobile/device.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info