Nugiyen's Cleave Templar [1-week MAN-MODE race]

So just to clarify, are you saying he doesn't take damage from ranged mobs and life gain on hit is less useful than 20% more cleave range?

Either way, with a 5L, he obviously would use Life Gain on Hit. He uses it now... I'm just trying to figure out a priority. I know for a fact that at this point in time for me(which is whose gem setup we were talking about in the quoted post), life gain on hit will be MUCH more useful than either of those support gems.

Did you see his near death video? He got instantly hit down to 280 HP by ranged LMP skeleton casters. I don't think melees are the issue. Even without the support gem, you can kite most melee mobs, especially undead.
IGN: xBilldozerx
"
jamesl wrote:
nugi is doing hardcore

and the ENTIRE point of the build is increased AOE

he has the 2 AOE passives (Amplify and Blast Radius) and he's using the AOE gem

if he can hit monsters that are 1/2 a screen away then he has great survivability

he can kill monsters long before they can get close enough to hit him

I forgot to mention that you're mentioning a post where I put Cleave > Wep Ele > Life Gain on Hit > increased AoE as one of the possibilities. That means you're suggesting that Faster Attacks would be better for survivability than Life Gain on Hit. Unless you just didn't read the post and you posted your opinion anyways :/
Also... I'm going to go

Cleave > Wep Ele > Life Gain on Hit > Increased AoE I decided.
What auras did nugi use?
What bandit rewards would you optimally take? Oak, Krait, Kill all (40 Life, 6 AS, 1 passive skill point)?
Last edited by Aureolin on Mar 10, 2013, 3:31:19 PM
"
tokilladude wrote:
What auras did nugi use?

I haven't watched recently, but started off with Wrath, added in Anger, Purity and Clarity later. My race char is at 52 and running Wrath, Anger & Clarity right now, resists are already 75% in Cruel so I've just been leveling Purity, Haste and a couple other auras on my weapon switch.

As for Bandit rewards, 99% sure he took Oak, skill point, skill point. Probably worth taking the AS reward now though.
IGN HaukiFlash
Pretty certain he also used Discipline, since EB + Inner Force = more mana for a gem slot.
I'm running http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjJ_fPAXvfIM4FE0Es6IA8B8yiQJxd-VX4uw4OtgaOE3Yp4SMdpBVwBpmnvrSNukdFCSq42qPRhmFpwjQ0NgkuJPPZTbFDH1Vxh8CEH8WbwQHxp5Ms5eVLR9SU20ZPV_B86Kj8XaCHn_G2wsnqRGWWm0OSCQ844SnXIhr8NlJUTY9Gde290k753QRL3J-3vZh4ujWh9vrFJP8jb-uz1FH644wfKq4tUh_K6p_bXt314cZVUt0QSaVVvoUdfzFDq1noCmlh3ZKfQ== with 7 auras. Discipline, wrath, anger, hatred, purity, clarity, grace, determination. 3.5k dps on cleave in the tooltip, 8k armour, all res capped, 3.5k hp. Very fun spec so far, lvl 76!
The lightning thorns cast by the witches from barracs in maps is crazy though, hurts like hell. Part from that, most things are np!
My gear
Spoiler
IGN: Naforce
Last edited by Naforce on Mar 11, 2013, 7:51:40 PM
Im currently level 51, with 2.3k DPS with terrible gear tbh.
At the moment im running 3 Auras. Purity/Wrath/Anger. Leveling grace,vitality for later use.
My Resistances are shockingly high even though i don't have that much resistance on my gear.

Resistance:

You get more dmg and same Area of cleave with this build. Because of Master of the arena, which is roughly 35-40% more area to cleave. Because of the +2 to meele range.
With this build you also get RT and EA. RT will increase your dmg a lot and your survivability. Since you wont miss as much and get that life leech/life gain on hit back everytime you attack. EA for better resistance/dmg reduction.

Im using this Passive build:

My Build is taken from this guide: http://www.exilepro.com/builds/templar/517-templar-elemental-cleave-dual-wield-offensive-tank
IGN: madssvin
Last edited by mileysaurus on Mar 13, 2013, 9:35:41 AM
^^ the +2 range doesn't apply to cleave.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info