Anyone else think that last two announcement were disappointing?

"
arknath wrote:

People need to be less entitled. It is a f2p game. Be happy that people pay for your content, be happy that more people are welcomed in to play it. More people = more money = more content.

What a load of balony rhetoric this is.

Every popular game nowadays is F2P. And the very few that aren't are every 2nd week free or in 5000 giveaways or is gifted through X means. Lets be GRATEFUL! People need to voice what they dislike so they game wouldn't drive itself into the shitter.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Achilion wrote:

Now im just waiting to be dissapointed with 3.5 league annoucment and a usual crappy designed challanges requiring mindless grinding

Which you'll probably play to death anyway. That 40 there sort of renders your griping somewhat impotent. :P

not rly i was already on the verge of just leting it go and not pushing to keep up my 40/40 streak. Once that chain is broken ill have less incentive to push next leagues as well.

But yes i can see how it might look. Even tho i did that 40/40 i hated it with my entire body. IT rly added to the burn out and unhappy factors ;p.

IGN : Sir_Big
I'm not disappointed, even though I won't be partaking in paid leagues or PoE on Playstation 4.

It's good to see the game expanding and I know the paid leagues thing has been around for years as a goal.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
both of these things show some ambition for the future, i'm not gonna use either but I actually think its pretty encouraging.

Its certainly not put me off
The whole paid league thing really bothers me, because it's just one more thing for the minority of whales. This game is in dire need of cheap, small purchases, and they could start by slashing prices on old MTX. There's nothing to really appeal to the impulse buyers who don't want to spend more than $5 at once. So yeah, paid leagues is just another "fuck you" aimed at the majority, because it wasn't made for us and further reinforces the philosophy that this game isn't made for us in general.

The PS4 port I could give a crap less about. Disappointed, because I was hoping they would make up for the first announcement by offering something up for the rest of us, but no. At least it doesn't feel so much like a "begone peasant" and instead just is a thing that I don't care about at all.
This is a buff™
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Fair enough, mate. Just be wary of the cautionary tale of I_NO. She broke her 40/40 chain once and we never, ever let her forget it.

Most I ever managed was 23/40 and that was only because Legacy League was bloody incredible. Every other league I get bored *way* before getting many achievements, so I can only imagine what sort of burnout you high achievers risk. I'm not sure if I admire it or pity it more, but it's definitely a mixture of both. :)

:) ok ill try to remember to not let I_NO forget :) ^_^

yeah i self pitty myself sometimes ;p it's definitly addiction. I still have hopes thos 40/40 totems will have some functionality somehow/someday ;p

But yeah i was strong enough to break my 4 year wow addition so i imagine breaking 40/40 addiction is within my powers.

If only they made the challanges fun And rewarding. Thats all i want :(.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
The whole paid league thing really bothers me, because it's just one more thing for the minority of whales.

Uh, not really. We whales have very little interest in making the game any harder. Given the void league option, we'd probably make it easier.

This isn't for the whales; compared to most PoE mtxes, the paid league pricepoint is actually quite reasonable. It's for the content makers and the streamers, and the hardcore who want to find new and fun ways to whip out their e-peen.

I have a tendency to throw whales and streamers into the same pot, it can be hard to tell where one ends and the other begins.
This is a buff™
Im guessin Charan does not like streamers ;p
Why disappointing? They provided a group SSF option which many have asked lately. In addition, these leagues probably lengthen the time streamers play PoE per league, which is all positive.
"
Nephalim wrote:
It is dissapointing in the sense it wont affect me in any shape or form but I hope the development cost will be reimbursed which in turn lets ggg create content aimed at the general populace instead of streamers and their bitch boys or console players.

pc players wait for years now hoping for stash handling improvements.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info