Announcing Private Leagues

"
Instead of any trading improvements we got this shit...

A nice April Fool Joke omegalul

Since when would Trading improvements be November 5th: Announce Experimental New Feature (Not Royale)?

Come on people, think before you post please :)
PC Specs :

I7-7700K @5.0GHz, 16 GB Patriot Viper DDR4, GTX 1070, Intel 600p 512GB NVME SSD
"
Akenmaat wrote:

You could make the argument that getting more stuff = more fun.

faster character progression and more loot seems like a win to me.

"
But it doesn't give you a competitive advantage over anyone else if it's a void league.

just because you lose your items at the end of a void league doesn't mean there's no competition. you might not bring the three headhunters you find in maps with you to standard league, but at the end of the day you found more headhunters than that poor schmuck playing in the free league. and if he tries to say "well I get to keep mine" you get to respond with "well I had way more fun than you with my three headhunters." and when the new league starts, both of you have already forgotten about those headhunters anyway.

"
And it would be obtained in a balanced, risk vs reward way that's already in the game, I might add.

it's not in the game all the time though. right now, if you want to experience a void league like that, you have to wait until GGG decides to run some races or host mayhem for a week or two, and that's open to everyone who wants to participate.

it becomes p2w when you give players the ability to just shell out cash for significantly more rewards and a significantly faster level of character progression. it may not seem like applicable if you lose that character progression after a few months, but we all start a brand new character every few months anyway.

"
Laraxa wrote:

but why put time and resources into something like this noone asked for, i dont get it.

you're about as dense as a neutron star my dude, this has been an idea since beta and you're apparently a beta supporter???
"
"
dontsleep wrote:
"No Magic or Rare Items Drop"

This is a great idea but it would be even better if there was a "No Unique Items Drop" option too. That way ALL items in the league would be handcrafted by players. There is something very cool about that. It just fits perfectly with the atmosphere of Path of Exile.

what, crappy, low tier worthless stuff dropping fits perfectly with PoE? Ya, you got that right that's for sure.

you missed the point so badly it's incredible. holy shit. please don't have children.
This feature looks like an influence of Tencent on the company. Players never asked for something like that, otherwhise we have been asking for basic stuff that have never been created like the possbility of offline trade.

Make a feature that requires payment in a free to play game is kinda weird, since the game sustained himself from microtransactions bought by people that wanted to support it.

I never spent a penny on the game, even liking the company and game itself. All the money i used buying few mtx's were from drops from games on Steam. I'm not going to pay to play alone or with my friends, because i alredy can do it with the game as it is in this moment. The idea is bad since the conception.

Please GGG, listen to your community and do at least the basic stuff we need to make the core game better. Dont kill the game because of a bigger company influence ("Tencent again"). If the comnpany needs more money, this is for sure not the right way to get it.

After all this said, that's just my opinion and will be while the game keep what it is, not pay to win. I'm gonna still play the game and recommend it to everyone. Hope i never have to see the game kill itself going in the wrong way.

GLHF all of you!
humm what happened to poe will never be a pay to play game ? needles to say i dont like the direction your taking
Last edited by Fasteddie1 on Nov 5, 2018, 1:47:03 AM
Hi, maybe i am dump.....does that mean that i have time to clean up my stash in standard??

For those of us who want to Play the game solo, what shall we do with 10 lots for 10 days??

What will happen in standard leage meanwhile??

POE FOR THE RICH!!!!

Time to quit.

"
ripnburn69 wrote:
The ambush, beyond, breach, incursion, delve league you paid for, will have more mobs, and will drop more loot. Your character will progress faster than mine. That's paying real money for faster advancement of your character. Pay to Win.

If you're playing in the Delve temp league, you're playing against other player within the same rule set. If I created a private league that is Delve + Breach + Beyond, I'm playing in a different rule set but we are not in competition because we're not in the same league. And because it's a void league, I wouldn't have the opportunity to take the spoils with me to either Delve temp or Standard.

So again, you could argue I would be having more fun, if you and I measured fun as leveling faster.

But the only way it would really be pay to win is if there was a way I could spend money to have my character advance faster than yours in the same league. That would be a real competitive advantage.

In fact, I'd argue that even argument about premium stash tabs being pay to win is more accurate because it actually does establish a competitive advantage between two people in the same league.
This seems like a clever way to introduce private leagues. I'm sure the majority of players won't engage with it directly, but that doesn't mean it can't add a lot of value to the community and game as a whole.

Not sure if this has already been asked, but will you have an option to set the duration to less than 1 week? And also allow the creator/s of the private league to set a specific fixed start time.

I'd love to see some little features like that to support community run race events (and potentially being able to input existing items/currency from the parent league into a deposit only stash or something that would go toward a prize pool for the event).
"
jonnxp wrote:
This feature looks like an influence of Tencent on the company. Players never asked for something like that, otherwhise we have been asking for basic stuff that have never been created like the possbility of offline trade.

Make a feature that requires payment in a free to play game is kinda weird, since the game sustained himself from microtransactions bought by people that wanted to support it.

I never spent a penny on the game, even liking the company and game itself. All the money i used buying few mtx's were from drops from games on Steam. I'm not going to pay to play alone or with my friends, because i alredy can do it with the game as it is in this moment. The idea is bad since the conception.

Please GGG, listen to your community and do at least the basic stuff we need to make the core game better. Dont kill the game because of a bigger company influence ("Tencent again"). If the comnpany needs more money, this is for sure not the right way to get it.

After all this said, that's just my opinion and will be while the game keep what it is, not pay to win. I'm gonna still play the game and recommend it to everyone. Hope i never have to see the game kill itself going in the wrong way.

GLHF all of you!

I omegalul'd so hard at this. I have been playing PoE since closed beta.. This is a thing they promised us back then, it IS a thing people want.. They just never had a way of implementing it, until now.

- Thank you Chris, thank you GGG.
"
jonnxp wrote:
This feature looks like an influence of Tencent on the company. Players never asked for something like that,

https://web.archive.org/web/20140413194611/https://www.pathofexile.com/leagues

"
Fralu wrote:
Hi, maybe i am dump.....does that mean that i have time to clean up my stash in standard??

For those of us who want to Play the game solo, what shall we do with 10 lots for 10 days??

What will happen in standard leage meanwhile??

POE FOR THE RICH!!!!

Time to quit.

I'm absolutely floored. the complete and utter lack of reading comprehension. the typos. the unadulterated rage. I haven't seen a forum post this helplessly incompetent in a long time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info