End Game is Close...? Need Tips on Character

"
Tuatara6 wrote:
Wow I guess gear is a lot more important than I thought. I thought I was supposed to be getting my hp from the tree is why I built it that way.

It´s important to combine gear and passives together. Good gear will improve your character by a lot. Even perfectly balanced passive tree will perform bad with bad gear.
You can play with gear / passives / skill gems in PoB (dno about other planners).

The only good jewel you have is the First snow jewel (you can have max two in the tree).

Empyrean Glisten might help you with resist a bit but you will want jewels with better modifiers (life/mana, spell damage, cold damage or added elemental damage on the Abyss jewels).

You can see all possible rolls on items (jewels) here:
Spoiler
http://poeaffix.net/jw-cobalt.html#/

You can try to craft cobalt jewel (magic one) with alteration/augmentation orbs and when you hit two good mods > regal it.

"
Tuatara6 wrote:
Ya the ascendancies were the only thing I really changed. I also didn't realize sockets were so important. I could grab those resistances to the south of her as well, or should I just worry about that on gear?

You want to get all resistances from gear (if not possible from the jewels, the last choice is the tree).

"
Tuatara6 wrote:

Also I have a page and a half of uniques but most of them seem bad/useless? I wish there was a way to share the page without spamming everything in my inventory.

Most of the unique items are just cheap/leveling unique.
Watch stats on your unique items it may differ and same with their price (low unique with perfect stats will cost quite a bit).

It´s not easy to tell you which are good and which not (it´s not always obvious). You need to watch trade sites / check wiki.
It´s not worth hoarding duplicates of cheap unique items though therefore you can either sell them to Vendors / players.

It´s easier to just sell cheap unique items to Vendors bcos it´s not worth spending time with trading in that case.

You´re using the right staff. The Whispering Ice is enabling unique item for special Ice storm build.

If you want to learn more about crafting you can start with the wiki:

You should pass the meta crafting now.
The easiest way is using your masters and their crafting benches.
You need good white base item for crafting and with the highest ilvl possible.
You should use ilvl 72+ bases (you can roll the second best resistance up to 45).
Pick up all good top white bases (especially already linked), use

to make them with 20% quality and apply either orb of alchemy or desired essence (using alchemy is pure random process, essence is one fixed affix).

You can find all possible rolls on items (depending on the bse) here:

Just let you know that the best possible bases are ilvl 84-86 items but those are only accessible in the highest content possible (or via trade).
Last edited by Rakiii on Nov 15, 2018, 5:37:40 AM
"
Ya, now that I look at my necklace I think the rarity was the only reason I'm still wearing it. I haven't tried crafting yet because I wasn't sure how it worked. Does it add stats or replace them? I've also been afraid to mess with my rings because they have all my elemental resistances on them. I also didn't think to check item level before using currency on them. I'll have to remember that.
Don't fall into the rarity trap. I did that hoping to get better drops but couldn't stay alive long enough to get the good drops. You have to do what you have to do to stay alive.

If you use your masters it adds stats. The bench will let you know what you can and can't add. If you're going to create your own gear you want to make sure the white item has as high an item level as possible. Hold the alt key and mouse over the item to see the i-level. The higher the i-level the better chance you have of getting good stats. Since i don't trade the way I get better gear is pick up high level whites and then use alchemy orbs on them. Sometimes I do, most of the time I don't but that's what I have to do.
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
"
Tuatara6 wrote:
Wow I guess gear is a lot more important than I thought. I thought I was supposed to be getting my hp from the tree is why I built it that way.

You are not wrong, but also not right :)

As others said, you need both. %life from tree and flat life from gear.
If you had 200% life allocated on tree and a combined total of 1000 life on your gear (numbers are arbitrarily picked), this would result in 1000 life + 1000 life * 200% = 1000 life + 2000 life for a total of 3000 life.

As I said, the numbers I chose dont mean anything, its just easy math to explain how it works.

You´ll get some flat life for strength and lvlups as well, which will be scaled by %life from tree too. But that by itself wont be enough to survive tough encounters in super endgame.

Stay safe
Ok, so to clarify, I had read I need like 5k hp to beat the game (I don't really care about Uber Elder atm). So I have to get 2k hp from rng mods on my gear or by crafting it? Do I need to worry about damage as well, or will this scale fine? It had also been mentioned to me that I should do armor along with hp? Right now I have 8% Phys reduction and 9% evade.

Also I found a really nice neck with 21 dex and a 23 all attributes mod so I think I fixed my dex problem for now. Most of my masters are level 4-5 so I haven't put hp on it yet.

"
Rakii wrote:
You can try to craft cobalt jewel (magic one) with alteration/augmentation orbs and when you hit two good mods > regal it.

So I use orb of scouring on blues and recraft them? Also I found this and regaled it but got the melee mod :/

"
fazlez1 wrote:
If you use your masters it adds stats. The bench will let you know what you can and can't add. If you're going to create your own gear you want to make sure the white item has as high an item level as possible. Hold the alt key and mouse over the item to see the i-level. The higher the i-level the better chance you have of getting good stats. Since i don't trade the way I get better gear is pick up high level whites and then use alchemy orbs on them. Sometimes I do, most of the time I don't but that's what I have to do.

Now that I think about it this might be why I occasionally get whites that show up in the filter that aren't 6 slots.
Last edited by Tuatara6 on Nov 15, 2018, 11:33:40 AM
"
Now that I think about it this might be why I occasionally get whites that show up in the filter that aren't 6 slots.
The filter is probably showing the higher level whites. I use Neversink's filter customized to show high level jewelry. Every now and then I hit some with an alc just to see what happens. These are an example of high level stats:
These are probably all over i-level 75.

I also pick up high level blues and use transmutes sometimes. Eventually I may regal some of these.

The reason i show you all of these is to let you know you can get decent gear if you're willing to take the time. I do the vendor recipes, I use all portals picking up rares for shards and eventually orbs. Then what you have to decide is do you want to roll the dice and use currency and then get crummy rolls. I have to because I don't trade and don't want to trade. I get enough human interaction in the real world :).
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
"
Tuatara6 wrote:
Ok, so to clarify, I had read I need like 5k hp to beat the game (I don't really care about Uber Elder atm). So I have to get 2k hp from rng mods on my gear or by crafting it? Do I need to worry about damage as well, or will this scale fine? It had also been mentioned to me that I should do armor along with hp? Right now I have 8% Phys reduction and 9% evade.

Bcos of you´re also using Mind over Matter keystone your ehp (effective life pool) is 30% higher (if you have 30%+ of your life as mana unreserved - f.e. 4000 life + 1500 mana means your ehp is 4000 + 1200 (30% of hp) = 5200!
You need at least 1200 mana unreserved (in fact you should a bit more).
If you want to know more see the wiki.

According to PoB you have 2844 life and 1411 mana.

You don´t use any herald or aura so all your mana is unreserved.
Your ehp is 2844 + 853 = 3700 (life/mana).

In fact you could use herald of thunder + clarity.

Many players use ehp jut for life/mana/ES but in fact you should calculate resistances and other modifiers that reduce damage (you can see the numbers in PoB).

Your ehp is fine for low level mapping /delving but getting a bit more life is fine.
You will want more hp in red maps eventually.
I wouldn´t focus on armor bcos you can´t stack enough.

You should deal enough damage with tabula now and your damage is increasing with gem´s leveling.

You can farm for better gear or by using crafting methods (besides trade ofc).

"
Tuatara6 wrote:
So I use orb of scouring on blues and recraft them? Also I found this and regaled it but got the melee mod :/

You can craft magic jewels (or any magic - blue - item) with alteration / augmentation orb only (unless you want to use f.e. alchemy).
Orb of scouring will delete all affixes from the item.
Orb of alchemy or some essences can be used on white items only.

Read the description of orbs and be sure what you´re doing before applying them.
You should save all chaos / exalted / divine / mirror orbs for later use.

You have used different type of jewel.
You need cobalt jewel to craft for spellcaster.
Besides orbs (alchemy, alts, chaos) there are also fossils in delve to craft with.
If you´re interested see some YT videos / read wiki related to crafting methods.
Last edited by Rakiii on Nov 15, 2018, 2:55:22 PM
"
Rakiii wrote:
...Mind over Matter... You don´t use any herald or aura so all your mana is unreserved.
Your ehp is 2844 + 853 = 3700 (life/mana).

I had forgotten about my keystone *facepalm*. That makes sense. Also I do have Herald of Ice level 10-11, I just ran out of chromatic orbs to fix my slots. I will take a look at clarity as well.

"
Rakiii wrote:
You can craft magic jewels (or any magic - blue - item) with alteration / augmentation orb only (unless you want to use f.e. alchemy).

Ohhhh, I had forgotten about these cause they seemed useless. I have bunch saved up though. Does it matter which one I use?

"
Rakiii wrote:
You need cobalt jewel to craft for spellcaster.
Besides orbs (alchemy, alts, chaos) there are also fossils in delve to craft with.
If you´re interested see some YT videos / read wiki related to crafting methods.

Another duh moment. Thanks for sticking with me this far lol. I have found a few Cold fossils but not hp/mana ones yet.

"
fazlez1 wrote:
The reason i show you all of these is to let you know you can get decent gear if you're willing to take the time. I do the vendor recipes, I use all portals picking up rares for shards and eventually orbs. Then what you have to decide is do you want to roll the dice and use currency and then get crummy rolls. I have to because I don't trade and don't want to trade. I get enough human interaction in the real world :).

Thank you for the help! I will definitely take a look at crafting, especially after what I saw is coming next league.
Last edited by Tuatara6 on Nov 15, 2018, 4:54:46 PM
"
Tuatara6 wrote:
"
Rakiii wrote:

Ohhhh, I had forgotten about these cause they seemed useless. I have bunch saved up though. Does it matter which one I use?

It does and they are not really useless. Read the description on them.
Btw current exchange ratio in delve is 12 alterations : 1 chaos orb.
Last edited by Rakiii on Nov 15, 2018, 5:28:13 PM
Your gear needs a TON of work.
Your gems could use some work to get better efficiency / clear speed.

Gear:
Pick a type of defense, and tailor your gear to that. Right now, you have armor, EV, and ES. Your defenses are rough. I would work to replace your gear in this order:

1.) Get better boots. Those do nothing for you.

2.) Get better gloves. They have no life. They have accuracy.

3.) Get a better belt. That belt does nothing for your offense.

4.) Replace the Tabula. You can get a 6L with 75+ Life, and +50 in total resists for <30 Chaos that is already colored with what you need. It wont be the last chest you put on, but it will be a massive improvement.

5.) Jewelry. You can find caster centric rings in Delve for 1-5 chaos that should have better defensive stats, and some offensive stats.

6.) Link the staff to 5, use the sockets better, OR replace it with 2 1h'd weapons. As is, it's not doing enough to continue to use it.

Gems:
I'll let someone smarter than me about casters breakdown how to improve them, but I do know that you're not taking full advantage of CWDT, the gems in the staff, and It's probably making life harder because of it.

That's about all I have right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info