End Game is Close...? Need Tips on Character

"
Tuatara6 wrote:
Hypothermia looks great, but I'm having problems with having enough dex to level some of the greens. Is there a certain level I should be shooting for?

You should be leveling your main damage dealing support gems to the max level.
You can get enough dexterity (or stats in general) from the gear or tree.

I have some problems to load the trees.
Btw how Elementalist is doing?
Last edited by Rakiii on Nov 14, 2018, 12:38:51 PM
"
Rakiii wrote:
You should be leveling your main damage dealing support gems to the max level.
You can get enough dexterity (or stats in general) from the gear or tree.

I have some problems to load the trees.
Btw how Elementalist is doing?

She's actually not doing too bad, I've just been having trouble getting through lab. She's at 2.8k hp now and I believe about 500ish ES. I think I may have to redo her to get more hp due to the inefficient skill tree you mentioned earlier. I've also been trying to convert over to armor but it's hard replacing her chest piece or even finding gear with armor with blue slots. The staff I found boosted my dps a lot though compared to the double wands. And I will look into finding some more dex on my gear. I forgot you could get it from that.

Edit: I missed the part where you said you were having trouble with the trees. Those are the links from the offline builder, is there another way for me to link them? They've been loading for me if I open them in another tab, if that helps.
Last edited by Tuatara6 on Nov 14, 2018, 1:08:51 PM
Ok I have uploaded your witch to the PoB.

The tree looks better than before but you could still make some improvements.
There are some points leading to nowhere or rather less effective nodes.

You can drop Deep wisdom, dual wield passive and 10 intel + 10 elemental damage passives leading to nowhere and invest them better.
You should also drop Fire and Lightning Walker passives and get resistances from the gear.
Ash, Frost and Storm is rather low effective cluster too.

You could invest the points to the Light of divinity, Elemental Overload (unless you want to specialize in critical damage) and either sockets / whispers of doom and/or more life passives (Constitution cluster).

I would suggest to download Path of building, upload your character there and try to upgrade the pathing.

Besides the tree you would upgrade your character with better gear.

You can buy cheap upgrades from players unless you want to stick SSF style.

You should have at lest one flask with bleed imunity to deal with the traps in Lab (maybe Quicksilver).

Btw I am not sure but it seems you´re lacking one skill point from some Quest.
(Try to type command " /passives " in chat)
Oh are you looking at my character? Also ya, I have one unallocated skill point on her right now because I was trying to figure out where to put it in the mess I have.

I made these in PoB.

"
Tuatara6 wrote:
Here is the Witch version and here is the Scion version. I set these to level 80 in the builder. They should more or less be the same except the ascendancies.

Edit: Here are the urls if you need them.

Witch
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAASzCPQLYQxfDc0QWBEPES0TNRRxFm8XVBekGjgcpxzOHRQigSSqJy8rUCycMJc26TmKOlg7DUWdRtdJT0wtTItQR1NSU6VT1FXGVkhWSlcpWfNmnmebaPJqQ3GFcg9yqXYRdqx8g37HggeD24Uyh2WNgo48jr6PRpBVkPqSwZctmuCboZ2unqGfAaIApwismKyqrY2uPq9sr5uvp7FCvKq86sT2xq7PftHk1AfYJNl83I3fbd-w42rkUeWL6hjr7u8O70vv6_Af8kH3MvfX-Ov52_rS_lQ=

Scion
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAASzCGcI9AnZDc0QWBEPES0UcRZvF1QYPBo4HM4dFCBZIoEkqicvK1AsnDCXMtE26TmKOlg7DTwtPEtBh0VHRZ1G10lPTC1QR1NSU9RVxlZIVkpXKVgXWfNmnmebakNxhXIPcql2EXase258g37HggeDzIPbhTKHZY2CjjyPRpBVkzqXIZctmuCboZ2unqGfAaIAoj6nCKu6rJisqq2Nrj6vm6-nsUK3PryqvOq9J8BmxPbGrspGz37R5Ngk2L3ZfOKt42rkUeWL6hjr7u8O7-vwH_cy99f46_nb-ej60v4K_lQ=

Edit Edit: I guess I accidentally replaced my bleed flask, I could have sworn I had one. I will get that fixed.
Last edited by Tuatara6 on Nov 14, 2018, 1:54:32 PM
The tree on the web seems buggy right now.
You can post your Pastebin link instead.
Sorry, I figured it out. I'm apparently using something called PoE Skill tree, not PoB. Here is the pastebin from PoB.

https://pastebin.com/vhitEahj Witch.

https://pastebin.com/bEHfNAjS Scion.
I have seen both and it looks decent but depends on your preferences (offense vs defense).

To the witch:
You don´t need Fire Walker bcos of 15% fire resistance.

It´s worth taking sockets near the path (even spend two/three points to reach them) if you have a good one (you probably don´t have).

It´s also good to create a build with equipment bcos of interactions.

My version
https://pastebin.com/z2tDMM2N

To the Scion

It looks like same build?
You have also missed the sockets near the path.
Last edited by Rakiii on Nov 14, 2018, 5:21:18 PM
If you're struggling for Dex there are different ways to get more. The first would be to see if you can add more to your rings with your crafting bench. Hopefully you've been leveling your masters because they're the easiest way to get a little more of a stat you might be lacking in. Second, consider a different amulet. I play melee builds that are always lacking Dex and Int so I usually always have to use a turquoise amulet. You want to try to get some resists and life if possible like this
This one is a low end one but you see what I mean. If you're not a trader like me you can buy them from the vendors and use alcs on them until you HOPEFULLY get lucky. If you go the turquoise route make sure the amulet has a high implicit and a high item level. I normally don't alc anything with an implicit of less than 23-24.
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
Wow I guess gear is a lot more important than I thought. I thought I was supposed to be getting my hp from the tree is why I built it that way. I have a few gems (I figured out how to link stuff :O)
Spoiler

"
Rakiii wrote:
To the Scion

It looks like same build?
You have also missed the sockets near the path.

Ya the ascendancies were the only thing I really changed. I also didn't realize sockets were so important. I could grab those resistances to the south of her as well, or should I just worry about that on gear?

Also I have a page and a half of uniques but most of them seem bad/useless? I wish there was a way to share the page without spamming everything in my inventory.

Also, I have this other staff, would it be better than the one I'm using? (the one on the right I'm using)
Spoiler

"
fazlez1 wrote:
If you're struggling for Dex there are different ways to get more. The first would be to see if you can add more to your rings with your crafting bench. Hopefully you've been leveling your masters because they're the easiest way to get a little more of a stat you might be lacking in. Second, consider a different amulet.

Ya, now that I look at my necklace I think the rarity was the only reason I'm still wearing it. I haven't tried crafting yet because I wasn't sure how it worked. Does it add stats or replace them? I've also been afraid to mess with my rings because they have all my elemental resistances on them. I also didn't think to check item level before using currency on them. I'll have to remember that.

Sorry for all the questions, I really thought I had it this time @_@
Last edited by Tuatara6 on Nov 14, 2018, 6:01:45 PM
Master craft the dex onto your jewelry.

Elreon is your friend.
It's free, quit complaining, and just play the game.
Last edited by Benalishhero on Nov 14, 2018, 6:18:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info