{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

"
u cant get 2x +1 Gem lvl claw cuz the way i crafted my Claw i used 3 Fractured claws from the Synthesis league. cuz there are NO items wich r Shaped + Fractured/Synthesised

I'm aware of that, thanks! I was asking about the example in Hercanic's "metacrafted claw" section, and it's pure coincidence that my question popped up directly below your post :)
hahaha its okay :D
Cant seem to find the pastebin. Where is it?
"
DaPham wrote:
Cant seem to find the pastebin. Where is it?

I Accept -> Everything You Need
i have 7 zombies thats with the 2nd lab dun and level 74 i dont se eny more points in the tree that give me any more is 7 max thanks
"
maxy44 wrote:
i have 7 zombies thats with the 2nd lab dun and level 74 i dont se eny more points in the tree that give me any more is 7 max thanks

Passive Tree : 1x Death Attunement , 1x Lord of the Dead , 2x Grave Intentions , 1x Grave Packt
ascendancy Necromancer : Flesh Binder 2x

so we got 7x and 3x u can allways summon makes 10 ZOMBIES BRAINNNNSSSSS !!!!
@ CzakoD666:
"
CzakoD666 wrote:
Hey, minions deal # to # additional fire/cold damage prefix on jewel mess up our elementel equilibrium with spiritual aid?

No. Spiritual Aid says, "Increases and Reductions to Minion Damage also affect you." This should be taken literally. In other words, only increased or reduced minion damage has any affect on you. Not More damage nor added flat damage, as neither of those are an Increase.

@ maxy44:
"
maxy44 wrote:

3 from Skill Gem itself
1 from Lord of the Dead node
1 from Death Attunement node
1 from Gravepact node

2 from Flesh Binder ascendancy (optional)
2 from Grave Intentions node (optional)

1 from unveiled helmet craft (optional)
1 from unveiled body armour craft (optional)

1 from Bones of Ullr boots (not recommended, bad stats)
1 from Queen's Escape/Queen's Decree two-handed sword (not recommended)
1-2 from Midnight Bargain wand (not recommended)
2 from Eyes of the Greatwolf amulet (not recommended)
1 per 300 Strength (9 @ 2700 STR) with The Baron helmet (not recommended)

Just from following the build you'll have 8. If you follow Passive Tree #2, then you'll have 10 due to Grave Intentions. We cannot use the body armour craft unless we use a rare chest instead of Belly of the Beast. However, we do use a rare helm, so with the helmet craft you can comfortably have 11. Any more would be suboptimal or change the build itself.

@ Larabiata4711:
"
Larabiata4711 wrote:
Hi Hercanic,

thanks a lot for the build ... I'm having tons of fun with it!

Small detail question, however, before I potentially burn a ton of exalts: I plan to use metacrafting for my claw, and you are linking a method for forcing "+1 to socketed gems" onto it. But does this really work for a shaped claw? Even if I put "no attack mods/no caster mods/+mana" on it, isn't it possible that the exalt puts something like "Gain #% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage" on it? According to PoEDB this is neither caster nor attack but can spawn on shaped claws.

I'm probably missing something obvious and would appreciate it if you could give some more details here!

It's not guaranteed, because of the additional Shaper mods. It's a gamble. You can reduce the potential mods by using a different base.

Swords, Rapiers, and Axes have no risk of Mana:
1. # to Level of Socketed Gems
2. Gain #% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
3. Gain #% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage

Maces are even better:
1. # to Level of Socketed Gems
2. Gain #% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage

The following is written by TheUberElite:
"
Note: Annuls are 3:1ex on HC at the time of writing this. With SC prices (8:1ex), a different method that uses less exalts and more annulments might be more efficient.

For crafting Maim +3 mace:

1. Alt spam an ilvl 75 shaper 2 handed mace until level 20 maim (ideally by itself). Can use 18 maim, but if you're spending this much on a mace why settle for less than 20

2. Regal. If you hit +1 gems, don't annul (unless there's another affix)

3. Try to annul the affix you get. If you remove Maim, start over

4. You should now have a 1 stat rare with Maim. Craft Multimod + Cannot roll Attack Modifiers and exalt.

5. If you don't hit +1 gems, add "Suffixes can't be changed" and scour the item, then try to exalt again -- repeat until +1 gems.

6. Remove crafted mods, and add a mod with quality bonus to jeweller and 6 link the item.

7. Multimod, Minion Damage + Life (39-45%), +2 to Level of Support Gems, Minion Attack + Cast Speed (25-28%).

Q: Why multimod with the cannot roll attack mods?
A: This makes it so you can't exalt a suffix, and also enables you to scour the Cast on Melee Kill off. It saves time, although might be more expensive than other methods if exalts are really expensive and annuls are really cheap.

Q: Why the quality bonus before multimodding the rest of the stats?
A: More chance of 6 link. Will save you fuses unless you decide to force 6 link with 1500 fuses. Also might be worth using perfect fossils to get a higher base quality before working on the mace.

@ YYakovliev:
"
YYakovliev wrote:
@Hercanic, thank you for this guide - I've never had so much fun playing this game. I have a few progression questions before reaching end game/gear:

1. If we do not have a helm with Minion Dmg - do we put Minion Dmg as a 4th link?

Yes. Check out the Solo Self-Found section of the FAQ, it covers what to do when you don't have certain things.

"
YYakovliev wrote:
2. Same for the weapon - if we do not have the Maim mode - do we put it as a 3th link or should we still use Empower level 3+?

Maim's primary purpose is to further boost Skeleton DPS. If you're not facing Shaper and Uber Elder then you don't need to push your damage quite so high.

Rather, you're more likely to grapple with Zombies dying here and there. Thus, their life is of more immediate importance, and stacking levels improves their max life.

"
YYakovliev wrote:
3. If we do not use bleed on gloves and put a level 3/4 Empower in the helm - do we lose a lot of DPS on the skeletons?

Yes, but for the same reason as above it's not something to worry about when mapping normally.

"
YYakovliev wrote:
4. If we have Faster Projectiles on the gloves - does it hurt or help the poison stack generation while mapping and fighting bosses?

Faster Projectiles cuts Ball Lightning's hits down on a target by half, so less Life Gain on Hit from Spells. You'll still easily hit 40 Virulence on two or more targets. Against a single target it'll take a second or so longer to ramp up. Whether you will hit and maintain 40 Virulence I'd have to test again to double-check, since I don't fully remember and Virulence degen is an unknown rate.

You'll also drop down on Virulence sooner once you stop casting, since the last ball will pass over the target quicker.

"
YYakovliev wrote:
5. I do not have shield charge yet in my setup - I am using Flame Dash with Faster Casting - this opens up one additional socket for the Animated Guardian. Can I squeeze him in, while following your gear advice for him? Is he going to die a lot when he is only on a separate gem?

I'd recommend replacing CWDT and Spirit Offering, so you can link him with Minion Life Support. Elder boots can have Fortify as an affix, so that's another way you can boost his survival.

"
YYakovliev wrote:
6. Do the additional +levels of gems from @ogogo's weapon (and the other master craft modes) outweigh the missing maim mode? :)

+4 levels is close to Maim + Added Fire, in terms of base damage. The Agony Crawler does a bit more, and Zombies do a bit less with ogogo's claw.

Losing the Maim debuff, though, means his minions do less damage overall, since it helps Skeletons and Phantasms as well as the Zombies and Agony Crawler. However, he gains more life on Zombies, practically a Minion Life Support gem's worth, and Herald of Agony reserves far less mana (31.25% vs. 43.13%). A War Banner linked to Generosity would compensate for the loss of Maim, but it'd cost a socket. You could regain that socket with Elder boots that have Fortify as an affix, move Shield Charge to boots and Hatred/War Banner/Generosity to the Shield sockets.

If I were to craft the +2 to Support Gems prefix to my +1 Maim & Added Fire claw (don't have the craft in Standard), then the difference would be more in my favor. Even still, his claw is really nice.

"
YYakovliev wrote:
Thank you again for your time and dedication making this guide.

You're welcome!

@ ogogo:
"
ogogo wrote:
mkay bois trying something new ^^ just respecct a tiny but mehh yeah lost 400hp ^^ wich is bad BUT found those littly guys
the movement speed and double dmg for my minions looks very interesting maybe with a bit luck i can get a reduce mana reserve for hatred or herald of agony then i can run that one too without respeccing ^^

Nice! 10% Chance to Deal Double Damage is basically 10% more damage. Though it's only up half the time, so over 8 seconds it equates to 5% more damage. Even so, it's fantastic for ailments that scale their effect with damage like Chill, Freeze, Ignite, and Shock.

Aspect of the Spider, with 15% increased damage taken on enemies, would probably be a better bet for pure damage if you wanted to use a crafted Aspect, but it's probably much more expensive.

A War Banner linked with Generosity, though, would only reserve 10% mana and give you 15.4% increased physical damage taken on enemies and 82.6% increased accuracy. Elder boots with Fortify would let you make room for the socket. You could also use Dread Banner for the evasion buff, but its damage buff won't apply to Phantasms.

@ Angelic_Devil:
"
Angelic_Devil wrote:
I just wanted to say....this is the very first time I have ever even attempted a summoner build. Your guide has made it easy to understand and build. Because of you, I am currently the strongest person in my clan. I can not want to see what I can accomplish in end game. Thank you very much.

Ha, awesome!

@ AmonRai:
"
AmonRai wrote:
I would love to work in a hungry loop somehow in this build. Any suggestions? Not sure if a 5l animated guardian is superior to a shaper unset ring with holy relic. Though I guess you could 5l projectile weakness too, im just not sure what all of the options are.

You'd have to manually cast that 5L Projectile Weakness, and there really aren't any good supports for it that would outweigh the convenience of Mark of Submission.

Similarly, there's not much you can link to an Animated Guardian. Anything that boosts survival: Minion Life, Fortify, Empower, and that's pretty much it. Culling Strike, Blind, Combustion, Melee Splash (if his gloves curse on hit), Withering Touch + Multistrike, Maim (if your Zombies/Crawler don't have it), Endurance Charge on Melee Stun + Ruthless + Stun, Bonechill, Decay, these offer some utility but aren't especially compelling or reliable to sacrifice a ring slot for.

As for other minions, you could deck out the Holy Relic or a Golem. Or go Spell Totem with Raging Spirits or Animated Weapon, heh. Whether any of these are worth losing the life, resists, and Life Gain on Hit from Spells from an Unset Shaper Ring, that remains to be seen.

@ Thoax19x:
"
Thoax19x wrote:
@Hercanic Amazing build, This is only my second season and so far im loving it as this build. Just started on the Shaper Guards and 2 gave me no prob but kept getting 1 shot my minatr.

I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendation on my gear and what i should change up to help my survival or is it just boss mechanics i need to watch for. Right now other then my gloves im not sure what els to look for.
http://poe-profile.info/profile/Thoax19x

This is a link to my im not sure how to link items right into the post :(

Thanks for any help that anyone can give and once again amazing build.

Have you read the "Can you look over my gear?" section of the FAQ?

• 1. Frenzy Charge duration doesn't affect minions.

• 2. You haven't taken "Purity of Flesh".

• 3. You took the 3-point DEX jewel socket instead of the 2-point DEX socket to the south.

• 4. You took the 5% life node after "Discipline and Training" instead of the 6% one after "Blood Drinker".

• 5. I'd recommend taking more life nodes over the two 3-point jewel sockets in the Scion area. A 50 life jewel is only half the life of three 5% nodes (150 vs 300), so if your jewels aren't giving you enough to justify losing 150 life, then take life nodes instead.

As for Minotaur, be aggressive and stay close to him. His AI is set to only use Burrow when you're a certain distance away. Burrow is his strongest attack and he can't be damaged while underground, prolonging the fight and resetting your Skeletons and minion surround on him. If he does burrow, know that it only goes in a straight line. Stepping to the side can avoid it.
Last edited by Hercanic on Mar 28, 2019, 5:37:34 PM
@Hercanic wow what a guide! Haven't been this addicted to this game since I played Diablo 2!

Just 1 quick question

Could you glance over my gear and make just 1 suggestion on what I should be grinding for next to optimize?

Another thing necklace. The life one seems so nice and I feel like it's spoiled me but I want to try the minion damage one is it worth the tradeoff?
@ aswedishtiger:
"
aswedishtiger wrote:
@Hercanic wow what a guide! Haven't been this addicted to this game since I played Diablo 2!

Just 1 quick question

Could you glance over my gear and make just 1 suggestion on what I should be grinding for next to optimize?

Another thing necklace. The life one seems so nice and I feel like it's spoiled me but I want to try the minion damage one is it worth the tradeoff?

Your characters are set to Private, so there's no way for anyone but you to see them. Have you read both the Gear section in Epilogue of the Leveling Guide and the "Can you look over my gear?" section in the FAQ?

Which DPS amulet? +1 Skeletons or the Toe? A Skeleton contributes 200-300k DPS, while Lucky Damage is ~20% more damage (depends on damage range, with a wider range benefiting even more) but you'll take more lightning damage in turn. I would only use the Toe when paired with Infused Channelling on Charged Dash (replacing GMP), since it'll lessen lightning damage taken.

Personally, I don't feel the build lacks damage, but it does need all the defense it can get. That's why I opted for Bloodgrip.
"
Hercanic wrote:
@ aswedishtiger:
"
aswedishtiger wrote:

Just 1 quick question

Your characters are set to Private, so there's no way for anyone but you to see them. Have you read both the Gear section in Epilogue of the Leveling Guide and the "Can you look over my gear?" section in the FAQ?

Which DPS amulet? +1 Skeletons or the Toe? A Skeleton contributes 200-300k DPS, while Lucky Damage is ~20% more damage (depends on damage range, with a wider range benefiting even more) but you'll take more lightning damage in turn. I would only use the Toe when paired with Infused Channelling on Charged Dash (replacing GMP), since it'll lessen lightning damage taken.

Personally, I don't feel the build lacks damage, but it does need all the defense it can get. That's why I opted for Bloodgrip.

Understood, I unhid it I think (not even sure how that box got checked)

If you're too busy completely understand, huge writeup and I totally missed that part sorry mate D:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info