{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

Hello there.
I ended up going with this build as a starter. Currently at level 86.
Good clearer so far, but I am having trouble with the memory stuff.
Due to how they decay I am considering dropping shield charge and going for flame dash.

My only concern is losing the ability to apply fortify when needed.
GMP feels way to nice on CWC ball lightning to drop it for fortify.
Any thoughts around this topic?

Charged dash is not really good as a travel skill due to the lengthy channel time to reach max distance.
Any way to work Arakaali's Fang Fiend Dagger into the build? Seems like that weapon might need to balance the summons around some.
"
ImAncient wrote:
Any way to work Arakaali's Fang Fiend Dagger into the build? Seems like that weapon might need to balance the summons around some.

You would have to get the kill in order to raise spiders. The spiders do not trigger from your minion kills. Additionally, the buff from each spider is for attack speed/poison damage. The poison damage you do is extremely minimal and the only attack you have is through Charged Dash.

Update: Writhing Jar should work if you don't mind flask management. 1 worm would = 2 spiders.

See below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jfmQSv1wrs
Last edited by shipwhreck on Mar 14, 2019, 11:34:35 AM
Getting them is easy enough :) If you drop corps before using the Writhing Jar, you get up to 18 or 20. The exact process would be summon corpses, set off fire ball, then use writhing jar. The writhing jar also doubles as a heal flask too!

Questions are: good addition summons? are those weapon enhancements ok? Need to switch critters around?

And thank you for the answer!
Last edited by ImAncient on Mar 14, 2019, 12:25:05 PM
Would it be possible to work in Storm Brand + Brand Recall in place of Ball Lightning so I can be lazy? What kind of hit would Virulence take? It looks like we could work in the passives above Spiritual Aid and the cluster near the Witch starting area to bump up the number of brands and hit frequency to offset the slow cast interval of Storm Brand versus Ball Lightning.
"
ImAncient wrote:
Getting them is easy enough :) If you drop corps before using the Writhing Jar, you get up to 18 or 20. The exact process would be summon corpses, set off fire ball, then use writhing jar. The writhing jar also doubles as a heal flask too!

Questions are: good addition summons? are those weapon enhancements ok? Need to switch critters around?

And thank you for the answer!

Decided to invest and play around. Check out my character 81 necro. I'll be keeping this build. No charged dash anymore. Basically. desecrate > writhing jar a few. Cast writhing jar while whirling through packs to refresh. I have 20 up at all times. Agony crawler is up most times (when needed) due to whirling blades and melee splash.

I'll also be swapping my neck and chest for astramentis and dendrobate. I'm not sure the poison damage and duration will do much, but the lesser poison on my spectres and evasion can't hurt!

For the record: These spiders when linked with melee damage/splash/minion damage are naaaaaaasty
Last edited by shipwhreck on Mar 14, 2019, 1:23:11 PM
I tried to look, and it said you are private...
"
ImAncient wrote:
I tried to look, and it said you are private...

should be fixed.
"
myshild wrote:
Hello there.
Due to how they decay I am considering dropping shield charge and going for flame dash.

Charged dash is not really good as a travel skill due to the lengthy channel time to reach max distance.

Personally I haven't had any issues using charged dash in decaying memories; it does have charge time, but it also has a greater max distance than flame dash, and I think that's helped me more often than the charge time has hurt.

You can minimize the need for it by paying attention to how the memories decay, though. They decay faster away from the stabilizers and slower close to them, so if (for example) you're on the south side and decay is coming in from the east, you're probably looking at a west or north stabilizer.

Also, charged dash is based on your movement speed, so you can pop a quicksilver if you need it to go faster. (That does mean it's significantly slower to charge/move if you're standing *in* decay, though, so you do have to try to hop from an "island" and not from within the decay.)
Last edited by Sorator13 on Mar 14, 2019, 6:08:35 PM
"
Sorator13 wrote:
"
myshild wrote:
Hello there.

Personally I haven't had any issues using charged dash in decaying memories; it does have charge time, but it also has a greater max distance than flame dash, and I think that's helped me more often than the charge time has hurt.

You can minimize the need for it by paying attention to how the memories decay, though. They decay faster away from the stabilizers and slower close to them, so if (for example) you're on the south side and decay is coming in from the east, you're probably looking at a west or north stabilizer.

Also, charged dash is based on your movement speed, so you can pop a quicksilver if you need it to go faster. (That does mean it's significantly slower to charge/move if you're standing *in* decay, though, so you do have to try to hop from an "island" and not from within the decay.)

True enough about the movement speed part. Have had some other problems as I am unused to the skill as well. Have teleported directly into crumbled memory because I can't see the end point with all the effects going off. Can't change it after it is fully charged. Which is why I have been considering blade flurry instead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info