{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

Very new player here. Thank you for the effort of your post. It is greatly appreciated. I thoroughly enjoy all the fluff you've included, and the very detailed sections. I wish I had a 2nd monitor now, as I have 4 tabs open (your main post, leveling guide, skill tree and the google doc!) and PoE now when playing. My buddy had some spare items he let me use that supports this build and so far it really just clicks.

If nothing else, you've helped a new player find a build that I am enjoying very much. Just got to Act II and can't want to continue.

Excellent work! Please continue to update/finish if you have time.
Last edited by Xerolith on Mar 12, 2019, 12:20:43 PM

New gear upgrades. it's coming along well. Loving this build. Next step will be working towards a 6l belly, then jewels with 50 health.
Why do you have Vile toxins, melee phys, bloodlust and summon skeletons linked? Melee phys increases damage against bleeding enemies but bloodlust prevents linked attacks from causing bleeding. I couldn't figure out where the bleeding in the build is coming from.
Hmm... Your guide confuses me a bit with all the extra words. Would it be possible to get it in a regular format?
Like, for example:
Weapon: Raise Spectres + GMP + Maim Support

(And so on for the other gear pieces)

I can get all the gear/gem pieces on my own but I dunno HOW you slot them to make them effective.

Sorry, but I saw a LOT of gems and stuff and it seriously confuses me.
What level is your hideout considered to be, for the purpose of summoning spectres? I keep crafting my gear (forgetting to swap/not wanting to bother) and resummoning spectres there, and I'm wondering if I need to summon them again in my highest level zone, or if my hideout is good enough.

"
DongDazzler wrote:
Why do you have Vile toxins, melee phys, bloodlust and summon skeletons linked? Melee phys increases damage against bleeding enemies but bloodlust prevents linked attacks from causing bleeding. I couldn't figure out where the bleeding in the build is coming from.

Bleed is coming from the gloves, I believe. Vile Toxins works with the poison from Ball Lightning/Herald of Agony.

Last edited by Sorator13 on Mar 13, 2019, 5:18:46 AM
Question about Charged Dash: When i use charged dash it randomly stops channeling. This does NOT happen all the time. But when it happens, its frustrating because i dont know why it happens and kinda screws up the gameplay.

Any idea why this happen?
@ ErianHD:
"
ErianHD wrote:
Hmm... Your guide confuses me a bit with all the extra words. Would it be possible to get it in a regular format?
Like, for example:

I can get all the gear/gem pieces on my own but I dunno HOW you slot them to make them effective.

Did you read through the Gem Links and Gear section? It lists out in plain text which gems are linked in each piece of gear.

@ Brackit:
"
Brackit wrote:
Loving this build! I was wondering if Taproot Ambusher would be pretty viable for the build? Pretty new to PoE so wasn't sure if having the a weapon that had Maim on Hit and Poison on hit would work with the vile toxins/bloodlust support gem. If so what would I replace the maim with? I guess empower if it ever drops? Would I also keep the poison support gem? The taproot I have rolled with 20% maim and poison on hit. I guess the gem is about 40% though, so that's a big loss.

I attempted the search function!

Thanks again for your awesome guide!

Those mods are local, not global, meaning they only apply to things that directly use the weapon, like Attacks. Spells will not inherit the Poison or Maim chance.

Maim's slow is nice, but the real reason we use the Maim Support affix for Zombies/Crawler is the % Physical Damage Taken debuff. It's a way for our other minions to assist the big-hitter minions as well as themselves.

Taproot will be fine to use temporarily while leveling, when you're using Static Strike, but once you transition to Charged Dash+CwC+Ball Lightning it won't be doing much.

@ Di5a5t3r:
"
Di5a5t3r wrote:
Question about Charged Dash: When i use charged dash it randomly stops channeling. This does NOT happen all the time. But when it happens, its frustrating because i dont know why it happens and kinda screws up the gameplay.

You're being stunned. Check the FAQ for more info about this.

@ Sorator13:
"
Sorator13 wrote:
What level is your hideout considered to be, for the purpose of summoning spectres? I keep crafting my gear (forgetting to swap/not wanting to bother) and resummoning spectres there, and I'm wondering if I need to summon them again in my highest level zone, or if my hideout is good enough.

Depends on the hideout. A couple of the original layouts are level 60. The newer layouts are much lower, something like 20 or 40. You can check by toggling open the overlay map (TAB) and reading what it says in the top right corner.

If you're still leveling, a level 60 hideout is fantastic. But once you get close to endgame it won't suffice any longer. If you can, push deep in Delve. You are able to return to completed nodes, so it's a free and convenient way to access up to level 83 zones (depth 270+).

@ DongDazzler:
"
Sorator13 wrote:
"
DongDazzler wrote:
Bleed is coming from the gloves, I believe. Vile Toxins works with the poison from Ball Lightning/Herald of Agony.

Yep. The Skeletons cannot inflict bleed because they are linked to Bloodlust, but that doesn't mean we can't cause bleed for them with Charged Dash linked with Chance to Bleed Support as a glove affix. It doesn't matter where the bleed comes from, so long as the target the Skeletons hit is bleeding for any amount, Bloodlust boosts their damage against that target.

You can ignore the bleeding part of Melee Physical Damage. We only care about how it boosts Melee Physical Damage, which is the type of damage that our Skeletons deal.
"
Hercanic wrote:
@ ErianHD:
"
ErianHD wrote:
Like, for example:

Did you read through the Gem Links and Gear section? It lists out in plain text which gems are linked in each piece of gear.

@ Brackit:
"
Brackit wrote:
Loving this build! I was wondering if Taproot Ambusher would be pretty viable for the build? Pretty new to PoE so wasn't sure if having the a weapon that had Maim on Hit and Poison on hit would work with the vile toxins/bloodlust support gem. If so what would I replace the maim with? I guess empower if it ever drops? Would I also keep the poison support gem? The taproot I have rolled with 20% maim and poison on hit. I guess the gem is about 40% though, so that's a big loss.

I attempted the search function!

Thanks again for your awesome guide!

Those mods are local, not global, meaning they only apply to things that directly use the weapon, like Attacks. Spells will not inherit the Poison or Maim chance.

Maim's slow is nice, but the real reason we use the Maim Support affix for Zombies/Crawler is the % Physical Damage Taken debuff. It's a way for our other minions to assist the big-hitter minions as well as themselves.

Taproot will be fine to use temporarily while leveling, when you're using Static Strike, but once you transition to Charged Dash+CwC+Ball Lightning it won't be doing much.

@ Di5a5t3r:
"
Di5a5t3r wrote:

You're being stunned. Check the FAQ for more info about this.

@ Sorator13:
"
Sorator13 wrote:

Depends on the hideout. A couple of the original layouts are level 60. The newer layouts are much lower, something like 20 or 40. You can check by toggling open the overlay map (TAB) and reading what it says in the top right corner.

If you're still leveling, a level 60 hideout is fantastic. But once you get close to endgame it won't suffice any longer. If you can, push deep in Delve. You are able to return to completed nodes, so it's a free and convenient way to access up to level 83 zones (depth 270+).

@ DongDazzler:
"
Sorator13 wrote:
"
DongDazzler wrote:

Yep. The Skeletons cannot inflict bleed because they are linked to Bloodlust, but that doesn't mean we can't cause bleed for them with Charged Dash linked with Chance to Bleed Support as a glove affix. It doesn't matter where the bleed comes from, so long as the target the Skeletons hit is bleeding for any amount, Bloodlust boosts their damage against that target.

You can ignore the bleeding part of Melee Physical Damage. We only care about how it boosts Melee Physical Damage, which is the type of damage that our Skeletons deal.

Thank you for your answer! I understand now :D
Hello again Hercanic. I've reached mappping so I've some questions about gearing, would love to hear your opinion.

I've overly capped on resist. So I don't need any resist from my body armor. I was wondering getting a body armor such that has either +1 supported gems or +1 active skill gems with +80 HP, they are really cheap, I can make them 5l easly. Was wondering which one would be better ?

Second question is I really can't understand how Spirit offering works, I think can't notice it goes off much even tho I've correct levels between SOffering and CwDT.

Thank you.
@ BatuBaker:
"
BatuBaker wrote:
Hello again Hercanic. I've reached mappping so I've some questions about gearing, would love to hear your opinion.

If you haven't already, give a read to the Gear section of Epilogue in the Leveling Guide.

"
BatuBaker wrote:
I've overly capped on resist. So I don't need any resist from my body armor. I was wondering getting a body armor such that has either +1 supported gems or +1 active skill gems with +80 HP, they are really cheap, I can make them 5l easly. Was wondering which one would be better?

Raise Spectre doesn't get much from gem levels, because it's all based on the monster level of the corpse. +1 to support gems would benefit Phantasms, who are your main clear minion and scale their monster level with gem level.

"
BatuBaker wrote:
Second question is I really can't understand how Spirit offering works, I think can't notice it goes off much even tho I've correct levels between SOffering and CwDT.

It's just there to blow up corpses when you take damage, so you don't take spike damage from several deadly on-death effects, like porcupine quills, unstable weta cold snaps, detonate dead, etc. Destroying the corpse deletes any effects that originated from them, in the same way as shattering monsters.
Last edited by Hercanic on Mar 13, 2019, 8:00:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info