{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

"
Hercanic wrote:
You also want lots of Chaos resist for the Betrayal encounters. Upgraded Arakaali and Shakari pantheon might help. You can get 8% chaos res over in the upper left Templar life cluster, too.

Thanks for explaining 90% of my deaths this league using your guide... I was expecting physical, but that did not make too much sense as noone was close by.

I am not a real extreme PoE pro, but why is Chaos always ignored when it comes to resistances? Green stuff is also evil! :)

My first attempts at this game included Chaos resist even capped until fellow told "you do not need it". Now I think I need it. More important than more HP at the moment.

Perhaps GGG is trolling us because of that attitude with Betrayal...

Anyway, I will depart from your build guide from now on and make me indestructible like I like it.

Thanks for the ideas and the build - and for the awesome guide. Still the build with the most deaths I ever had before reaching mapping.

"
Hercanic wrote:
You also want lots of Chaos resist for the Betrayal encounters. Upgraded Arakaali and Shakari pantheon might help. You can get 8% chaos res over in the upper left Templar life cluster, too.

My chaos resistance is actually so bad it makes me want to cry haha. I have to play so carefully every time I run into an encounter :(
Question on Spectres.. where do i get them from the start? I am almost done with act 3 but dont know where or which spectres to get yet.

Thanks!
great guide and build so far, liking it.
looking for tips how to aquire the sockets 4 blue and 2 green on belly. :)

think i fucked up. i 6linked my belly without having right colors.. Guess i have to sell it and get another. damn. Havent played in some time. Can u still do the color trick somehow with vorichi?
Last edited by MarkeMarke on Dec 12, 2018, 10:47:14 AM
"
You want at least 50-100 life on all gear you can get it. You have 134% life and 1455 flat life, giving you a total of 3404 life. You want to aim to get your flat life up to 2000+, so you need 545 more. You also want to reach 200% or more life. Much of that will come with leveling the passive tree. Since you don't have the currency for the best jewels, focus instead on filling out those life clusters. When you can afford T1 life jewels, then you can transition some of those points over to jewel sockets. With 2000 flat life and 200% life, you'll have 6k life. You'll feel reliably durable then. For the hardest fights of the game, like Uber Elder, getting above 7k life is recommended, but it's still possible with less.

Just don't forget, this is a game intentionally designed to 1st degree murder any character. Any build, even 'immortal' builds, can be killed. So if you die occasionally, don't despair. Use that frustration, push through, conquer and improve. That's the kind of game GGG has made.

So your saying just save up to afford more life on each piece of gear that I can and just continue to level up gems? I don't know how costly it will be to squeeze out another 545 flat life from gear. I am taking into account the gear your running/recommending in your guide but its out of my ballpark right now so I am curious if I just have to get used to dieing in low white maps and not even think about yellow map progression with this build right now? I don't want to keep dumping exalts into it if it will only barely run yellow maps.

What would be my biggest upgrade priority other than try to figure out how to get more life on gear? I can grab a 6L rare chest for about 1ex but it will just be bit of life and resists, granted anything more than tabula gives but don't know if its worth it. So I am trying to prioritize what is best to spend the limited funds I have. I am slow when it comes to making currency in this game unfortunately so I don't want to waste on things I don't need. Thank you!
Will definitely give this build a try!
Based on the complaints about Betrayal league I'm reading on Reddit, it sounds like the Betrayal encounters are very overtuned. 8k life Juggernauts are struggling. Many people are saying they even avoid them. So if these are what're killing you, then it's not unusual.

LGoH ring for spells will keep your life topped off against hordes of respawning enemies. Chaos Resistance will protect you from a lot of the harshest damage. Stay mobile, keep behind your minions, use defensive curses if necessary, and prioritize getting your life out of the 3-4k zone. That level of life is where one-shots are all too common. Pull some points out of damage if you have to. You've got the whole Scion life wheel and northwest Templar cluster with chaos resist at your fingertips.

@ mtwilliams717:
"
mtwilliams717 wrote:
Question on Spectres.. where do i get them from the start? I am almost done with act 3 but dont know where or which spectres to get yet.

Thanks!
great guide and build so far, liking it.

Act 3's Solaris Temple has Flame Sentinels. Use them until Act 8, when you can get Frost Sentinels at Lunaris Concourse/Harbour Bridge (level 58/60) or Solar Guards at Solaris Concourse/Harbour Bridge (level 58/60).

Remember to re-raise fresh Flame Sentinels as you work your way into higher level areas, so the Flame Sentinels' level can be updated to the same level. Check the level limit on the Desecrate and Raise Spectre gems to make sure they match or are above the level of the zone, or your Spectre will be limited to the lowest level of the three.

@ MarkeMarke:
"
MarkeMarke wrote:
looking for tips how to aquire the sockets 4 blue and 2 green on belly. :)

think i fucked up. i 6linked my belly without having right colors.. Guess i have to sell it and get another. damn. Havent played in some time. Can u still do the color trick somehow with vorichi?

There was apparently a bug they just fixed in 3.5.0c that prevented people from unlocking the two and three socket recipes.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
You will now receive the recipes to craft two or three sockets on items by interacting with the plinth in the first Delve encounter. For players that have already interacted with this plinth, simply return to the first Delve encounter and you should be able to interact with the plinth once again to receive these crafting recipes. In a future patch, we will retroactively grant these recipes to all players that have interacted with the plinth prior to this change.

Aside from the socket method of coloring, which you'll have to look up how to unlock all the socket crafts (link in new Crafting section), unless GGG added something new to crafting or beast crafting for coloring, then your only other option is to pray to RNG with a stiff offering of Chromatic Orbs.

@ krut0n:
"
krut0n wrote:
So your saying just save up to afford more life on each piece of gear that I can and just continue to level up gems? I don't know how costly it will be to squeeze out another 545 flat life from gear. I am taking into account the gear your running/recommending in your guide but its out of my ballpark right now so I am curious if I just have to get used to dieing in low white maps and not even think about yellow map progression with this build right now? I don't want to keep dumping exalts into it if it will only barely run yellow maps.

What would be my biggest upgrade priority other than try to figure out how to get more life on gear? I can grab a 6L rare chest for about 1ex but it will just be bit of life and resists, granted anything more than tabula gives but don't know if its worth it. So I am trying to prioritize what is best to spend the limited funds I have. I am slow when it comes to making currency in this game unfortunately so I don't want to waste on things I don't need. Thank you!

You can replace the leveling helmet by this point with a 100+ life rare helm.

3.5k life is what's doing you in. At 4.5k you'll be okay, 5.5k you'll be fine, and 6.5k you'll be good. You have to get your life up, and stay behind your minions until you do.

I can't promise anything about the Betrayal encounters, but all other content this build has not struggled with in the least. In other archetypes I've played, without huge investment, I had to worry about various map bosses, dangerous rare mod combinations, or absolutely couldn't run certain map mods (e.g. reflect), and dying was far more likely. This build has none of those problems. I'd just look for Temporal Chains or No Regen to see whether the map would be annoying or not.

It's not immortal, but it's tankier than many ranged builds. It's not the best at any particular thing, but it has few weaknesses (mainly lack of natural recovery like leech, which is why we get LGoH for Spells). There are no insurmountable walls. You have many tactical options. Sometimes you need to be aggressive, like against Minotaur so he doesn't burrow. Sometimes you need to hang back and let your minions clear the way forward, like if map mods and monster type intersect into a particularly deadly combination and you're 95% to the next level and don't want any risks. Sometimes you need to retreat and breadcrumb your Skeletons, like with Abathox or certain Acid Lake bosses. Sometimes you need to swap gems to maximize your defenses with Enfeeble and perma-Fortify on Charged Dash, like deep Delve outposts where Cavestalkers cloak and get a free hit on you, or Enhanced Vaal Fallen leap slam so fast it looks like a teleport. But I've never had to skip content in any map because it was too hard.

Compared to my other summoners, early on, around your level in fact, it can struggle with life, making it more vulnerable than my MoM summoners who'd also have 3.5k life, but with 1.5k mana for a total of 5k eHP, and would get to 5k/2k sooner than this build gets to 7k life. It's a growing pain, but it goes away with levels and steady but low investment. We need life and resists on gear, but that's literally all we need (aside from those Shaper/Elder affixes, I should say, but that's a want rather than a need). Other builds pay premiums for stacking crit, crit multi, added damage, and increased damage in addition to defenses.
Last edited by Hercanic on Dec 12, 2018, 4:02:06 PM
does the main hand weapon matter at all? are there any good uniques forthis build?

this build is a ton of fun and the guide is excellent! great work!
"
Hercanic wrote:
I see, priorities on what to invest in. That's a good idea. Quick version: #1 is elemental resistances, so items with big resist values are important to get squared away. A solid budget belt, ring, and amulet will carry much of your resistance burden. Boots are also a good source of resists, though 30% movement speed takes precedence.

This depends on market prices, but offhand I'd recommend items with two high 45-55% resists over an item with three low 20-30%. Triple resists usually cost more because of rarity and you don't have to balance so much. Victario's Charity has 30% Lightning Resistance, so you're ahead there right off the bat compared to Cold and Fire.

#2 priority is Life. You can settle for less life if it gets you more resistances. You eventually want to upgrade to the best of both worlds, but in budget land we can only look at the cake.

#3 is Minion Blind, Taunt, and Hinder on ~two Ghastly Jewels. You can settle for ~30 life to start, but eventually you want to upgrade to T1 50 life.

For big items, I'd go 10-20c for 6L Tabula Rasa, upgrade to a 40-80c 6L rare with high life/resists, then finish off with Belly of the Beast. I haven't confirmed if we still have the Vorici coloring trick, though. We want a 6L so our main clear skill can do its job as well as protect us with reliable freezes.

Once you have a 6L chest, you want a +1 w/ Minion Damage Support Elder helm, then a +2 w/ Minion Damage Support, and eventually a +3 w/ Minion Damage Support later into the league. Life and resists are important as well, but don't break the bank unless it's for a perfect helmet that won't come along very often.

Gloves with just a Poison Support affix and high life should be super easy to get. That's all you need at first. You don't need a Chance to Bleed Support affix until you have your helmet situation finished, since Skeletons won't have a socket for Bloodlust until you do.

A Shaper ring with any amount of +LoH from Spells that also has solid life and resists will go a long way toward protecting you while mapping. Ball Lightning hits an absurd amount of times, and with GMP it covers the whole screen. Your life will rarely appear to drop, as you can see from my videos, and part of that is because of freeze and minion body blocking, but the other part is the huge incoming recovery you're constantly getting. But you need to have your Gloves with Poison before you can use GMP and take full advantage of screen-wide LoH.

A Shaper claw with Maim is a good starter. That gives you the protection of Maim's slow and boosts Skeleton DPS. The +1 to gems isn't as impactful until you can afford an Empower Support. Minion Damage Support can sub in for it until then.

You can now start investing more into your jewels. T1 life, T1 minion attack/cast speed, T1 minion attack/cast speed on kill. You do not need any flat damage on jewels. That's just a bonus if it has one, or something you end up with after you try exalting your own T1 3-property jewels.

All that's left are +1 Spectre boots. These are not a priority. Two Frost Sentinels are enough. But once you have a few exalts burning a hole in your Currency tab and everything else is on the higher end of your budget limit, then you can think about luxury boots. Don't compromise on life or resistances and especially not on movement speed.

You're pretty much done, anything more is icing. Eventually you'll want a +1 curse amulet and a curse corruption on gloves.

This should really go into OP. Maybe somewhere in gear setup or newbie guide. Really appreciate such detailed answers. It'd be a waste to let them get lost between all the posts here.
"
Hercanic wrote:
@ Truppensturm:

Hatred does not affect you when linked to Generosity Support. You do not want to deal Cold Damage, or you will weaken Hatred with Elemental Equilibrium. You do not want to deal Fire Damage, or you will weaken the Fire Damage of the Solar Guard and Added Fire Support with EE.

Where in this setup does the physical damage come from, that triggers Hatred and then EE?

Otherwise thanks for a great build. I‘m always playing Necro, but no build was so much fun then yours.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info