{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

OMG I am having so much fun with this build! Have a question again though.
"We also gain ~245 Life on Hit per second per target and rapidly self-generate Frenzy Charges for nearby allies (Victario's Charity shield) with how frequently we are able to hit a target (19-22 hits per second)."
The weapon item example you give says life gained for each enemy hit by attacks.. Will that trigger from Ball Lightning? Wouldn't it have to be from your spells? Wouldn't attacks from minions heal the minions with that stat?
@ Viktorious1:
"
Viktorious1 wrote:
OMG I am having so much fun with this build! Have a question again though.
"We also gain ~245 Life on Hit per second per target and rapidly self-generate Frenzy Charges for nearby allies (Victario's Charity shield) with how frequently we are able to hit a target (19-22 hits per second)."
The weapon item example you give says life gained for each enemy hit by attacks.. Will that trigger from Ball Lightning? Wouldn't it have to be from your spells? Wouldn't attacks from minions heal the minions with that stat?

The Shaper ring here makes Ball Lightning recover life, because it's a Spell.

The claw's implicit makes Charged Dash recover life, because it's an Attack.

Minions do not receive any stats from our gear, unless the mod in question specifically says "Minions" or "Allies." Minions are separate entities from our character.

Minions get 15% increased damage, because the crafted mod says, "Minions."

Minions gain Frenzy Charges from us because they are considered "Allies."

Minions are not considered Party Members, though, so something like the Conduit keystone does not affect them.
Last edited by Hercanic on Dec 19, 2018, 8:29:43 PM
@ krut0n:
"
krut0n wrote:
I am enjoying this build quite a bit, it's my first summoner build and learning allot from your guide. I have quoted the above from your previous post reply. Could you take a look at my profile http://poe-profile.info/profile/krut0n/Krunect and let me know what you would prioritize as upgrading/changing. I only have about 1.5ex to spend right now. My life seems low for level 75 and pretty squishy, only gotten to Tier 4 maps atm. Clearing is pretty quick but this betrayal encounters are really giving me a hard time. Thanks again for your detailed guide and time.

You want at least 50-100 life on all gear you can get it. You have 134% life and 1455 flat life, giving you a total of 3404 life. You want to aim to get your flat life up to 2000+, so you need 545 more. You also want to reach 200% or more life. Much of that will come with leveling the passive tree. Since you don't have the currency for the best jewels, focus instead on filling out those life clusters. When you can afford T1 life jewels, then you can transition some of those points over to jewel sockets. With 2000 flat life and 200% life, you'll have 6k life. You'll feel reliably durable then. For the hardest fights of the game, like Uber Elder, getting above 7k life is recommended, but it's still possible with less.

Just don't forget, this is a game intentionally designed to 1st degree murder any character. Any build, even 'immortal' builds, can be killed. So if you die occasionally, don't despair. Use that frustration, push through, conquer and improve. That's the kind of game GGG has made.
Last edited by Hercanic on Dec 19, 2018, 8:09:21 PM
PANTHEON BUG
Lunaris movement speed is currently bugged. Hopefully fixed by next patch. Use Solaris until then.

Also, word on Reddit is Chaos resistance is very important in Betrayal encounters, such as against Tora and It That Fled. The Arakaali and Shakari pantheons might be best in these events.
Last edited by Hercanic on Dec 12, 2018, 2:01:30 AM
Hey I just started playing POE and was wondering if I should start a new character because my passive skills are nowhere near your recommendations?
Hello, I've been using this build starting Betrayal league. This is also my first summoner/ minion build. That being the case, I just had one question I was uncertain about: what exactly gives our minions damage? Is it level based like Caustic Arrow? Or is it off of the added firedamage/ hatred or maybe physical damage from weapon?
@ PandoraBot:
"
PandoraBot wrote:
Hello, I've been using this build starting Betrayal league. This is also my first summoner/ minion build. That being the case, I just had one question I was uncertain about: what exactly gives our minions damage? Is it level based like Caustic Arrow? Or is it off of the added firedamage/ hatred or maybe physical damage from weapon?

Minions scale from gem level, linked support gems, minion-specific nodes on the passive tree, anything that says "Minions" or "Allies", like Auras, and debuffs put on enemies like Curses. In the case of Spectres, they also scale with the corpse level they were originally raised from.

Minions do not use your weapon, or any of your gear. They are not a spell. The spell you cast was to create them, but the minion itself is its own entity with its own stats and such.

@ Lexicon91:
"
Lexicon91 wrote:
Hey I just started playing POE and was wondering if I should start a new character because my passive skills are nowhere near your recommendations?

Are you asking about your level 23 witch? You'd have to enable your characters to be public if you want to let me see any details on her.

You get something like 18 respec points while leveling through the campaign that you can put toward adjusting your character. Orbs of Regret, when used, give you more of those points. So it's entirely possible to use your current character.

On the other hand, if leveling to 23 didn't take very long and you'd rather have 18 respec points saved for another time, starting a new character and running them to Act 2 shouldn't be too hard.

Either way should be fine.
Last edited by Hercanic on Dec 19, 2018, 8:05:44 PM
"
Hercanic wrote:

@ Sharkuuu:
"
Sharkuuu wrote:
currently lvl 85 ssf, just my 2 cents here :)

i will try your setup in later maps again, but so far the speed gain from solar guard outweights every survival gain from frost sentinels. why freeze if you can kill before they can attack :D

quick update if any1 is interessted. on my way to 90 now. got a few upgrades and gem levels. with those upgrades, the dmg on spectre/phanstasm is enough without dmg supports, but i dont really know if i can stand that frost sentinel eye cancer :D its definitely better with faster projectiles, without it i couldnt even clear 1 map before switching back.
also i totally forgot the vaal gem changes, leveling sekllys to 20...dunno what i thought there, but now im using vaal skellys and level them again :D biggest problem atm is that i cant get a single elder helmet to start crafting +2 minions and because of the missing levels for skellys they often die before even attacking once. im sure that will be better with more gem levels.
i really like the rampage from biscos leash, but its more of a "fun" item

currently thinking about how to increase my defense. if i switch my gear around to a defensive setup i get like 6,1k life, but even then the syndicat just murders me. thinking about dropping hatred and going mom, any1 tried that? dont really know what else i could take, except fortify that i definitely need on my shield charge.
@ Sharkuuu:
"
Sharkuuu wrote:

Just in case you didn't hear, minions do not get any bonuses from Rampage. The wiki had been outdated for years about that change, since the end of Rampage League itself.

"
Sharkuuu wrote:
currently thinking about how to increase my defense. if i switch my gear around to a defensive setup i get like 6,1k life, but even then the syndicat just murders me. thinking about dropping hatred and going mom, any1 tried that? dont really know what else i could take, except fortify that i definitely need on my shield charge.

MoM is great until you need to cast a skill. Balancing adequate mana regen is a pain. With the points you spend on mana, you could have had a similar amount of life. I used to use it on all my summoners, and it's an easy way to get 7k eHP early. It's also fantastic in Lab, since traps don't include mana in their % life/ES damage.

You can run Fortify on Charged Dash instead of GMP to keep Fortify up all the time. If you want to get really janky, you could use Vigilant Strike with its threshold jewel to get 20-30sec Fortify for you and all your minions, then use Storm Barrier on Charged Dash. And of course, Enfeeble/Temporal Chains.

You also want lots of Chaos resist for the Betrayal encounters. Upgraded Arakaali and Shakari pantheon might help. You can get 8% chaos res over in the upper left Templar life cluster, too.
Last edited by Hercanic on Dec 19, 2018, 8:02:38 PM
"
Hercanic wrote:
"
Sharkuuu wrote:

Just in case you didn't hear, minions do not get any bonuses from Rampage. The wiki had been outdated for years about that change, since the end of Rampage League itself.

ok, havent heard that yet, but i wasnt really wearing it for damage as that is enough to clear maps atm, i just really like the effects of rampage, like the spikes and dd and stuff

enfeeble could be an option to stop 1 shots. would have to get that curse on hit ring tho, i think. at least it would be easier to maintain the curse then. why do summoner have to be soo socket starved :D

thanks for the input, i will try some stuff later today and see what i can do to increase survivability :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info