{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

HI from your character info you should be able to have 4. 3 from your level 22 Spectre gem (the extra is from the +2 to minion gems in the ascendancy) and 1 from death attunement.

I notice you have spell echo....do you take it out when you cast raise spectre?
Man that was dumb. No i do not. Thanks
"
Hercanic wrote:
Quotes from several posts, but no answers...

Herc, were you just reserving this for later answers?
Finally killed Uber Elder for the first time last weekend!

Did some research on the fight and watched some videos beforehand but it went a lot smoother than I thought. Only ripped once near the end due to extreme overconfidence (stopped dodging and tried to save my dying animated guardian by manually removing the gem mid fight, he only had 10c worth of equipment so it was pretty dumb).

I even deliberately face tanked a shaper slam just to check my defences, managed to live with about 1k HP/ES remaining. (Had 6k HP, 6.1K ES, Bone armour up, Taste of hate and Basalt flasks active, 10% phys reduction from bone barrier, Jinxed Juju w/4 spectres, Chaos Golem Phys reduction). That stuff really hurts!

My minions (Solar guard spectres excepted) also died a lot during the fight which hurt my DPS, relied on skeletons heavily towards the end.

Thanks OP for the awesome build!
Last edited by Drakoturt on Nov 4, 2019, 7:16:13 AM
"
Drakoturt wrote:

Well played, congrats on finally making it through the fight. This is what happened to me in 3.7, where all minions died (except Spectres most of the time, but there was a time or two one Frost Sentinels died as well). If you have more minion life total maybe most of them will survive. My zombies are now at 80k life, and thus all of them survive like 98% of the time. The whole point of doing UE is to simply think of them as two map bosses (which they are, because Shaper realm itself is a map). This way you gotta focus on phasing them quickly so that your minions would be less damaged.
A filthy casual
"
Hologram_o wrote:
Wish me luck bois and thanks hercanic for this amazing build! I guess now's the best time to push and hope for 100.

Good luck on your push. I agree that this is the best time to push for 100 with such an amazing build! Thanks Hercanic!

I just reached my first 100 ever with this build. Built a tanky version and reached over 14k life/es with corrupted soul + spirit offering.

Notable gear:
Hi Hercanic,

just wanted to say thank you again :)
Yesterday I hit lvl 96 for the first time, using a slightly modified version of the 2H mace + Triad Grip build. I wasn't brave enough to give up Ball Lightning and its ES regeneration via Watcher's Eye, so I improvised a bit and sacrificed some of the insane damage for more tankiness. If you are interested, the character is "Mrs__Cake" on my account!

Current spectres are Carnage+Host Chieftain (for charges), Defiler (for Elemental Weakness) and a lone Frost Sentinel (until I come up with something more useful).

Next steps: multicraft more resists on chest, try to get 4% phys dmg reduction on more jewellery and a decent amulet to anoint with Soul of Steel ... but if you have any comments, I'd be very happy!
"
Larabiata4711 wrote:
Hi Hercanic,

Yesterday I hit lvl 96 for the first time, using a slightly modified version of the 2H mace + Triad Grip build. I wasn't brave enough to give up Ball Lightning and its ES regeneration via Watcher's Eye, so I improvised a bit and sacrificed some of the insane damage for more tankiness. If you are interested, the character is "Mrs__Cake" on my account!

Current spectres are Carnage+Host Chieftain (for charges), Defiler (for Elemental Weakness) and a lone Frost Sentinel (until I come up with something more useful).

Next steps: multicraft more resists on chest, try to get 4% phys dmg reduction on more jewellery and a decent amulet to anoint with Soul of Steel ... but if you have any comments, I'd be very happy!

Oh, you're using Defiler too, I see! :)
I've been testing with different spectres lately to see which one works best or has the most potential, but I don't need Defiler anymore - since he only curses and does not summon minions and is generally outpaced by the rest of my minions - they either kill off things way too fast for him to apply the curse or it's hexproof maps/red beasts where curses are useless. I guess you can have 2 Frost Sentinels, these guys shoot projectiles very far and can provide good clearance.

The Chieftains are interesting choices, but the Power Charges generated by those chieftains don't really buff the DPS of the other minions that much, only a small % (as Hercanic has done some Math). And same with Carnage Chieftain - Victario shield already gives frenzy charges to other minions so this guy's redundant. Now I would love to see a version that grants Endurance charges to nearby allies, that's the one I'd use!

Kitava Herald's greater than ever (not sure if it's this patch and not before or they buff their AI or something). He fires mortars pretty damn frequently for me, on a consistent basis, including boss fights (7 projectiles total with GMP), leap slam and melee attacks in quick sequence (this requires a few jewels and passives with inc attack/cast speed to make him effective, though), and, he's immortal too! If you use the Bloodlust gem for Skeletons this for sure will reduce the burden of you inflicting bleed on bosses to beef up skeletons since this guy already does the job. Oh and not to mention the original build doesn't have investment in accuracy meaning our witch only has pretty low accuracy, making it not as reliable to inflict bleed (My blade flurry has 71% chance to hit, and only 64% chance to hit Evasive monsters at lv 84), and now minions have capped accuracy so that's why Kitava Herald's ability to surround bosses and inflict bleed is incredible. I'd recommend him!
A filthy casual
"
Hologram_o wrote:

Victario shield already gives frenzy charges to other minions so this guy's redundant.

In the 2H mace build I unfortunately don't have a spare hand for this shield :)

Also, this build only has 2 (or at most 3) sockets to spare for spectres, so they can't be buffed up to deal much damage. (Clearing is done by Carrion Golems.) So their main job now is charge generation, debuffing etc.
Last edited by Larabiata4711 on Nov 5, 2019, 8:44:14 AM
@ Smallville0608:
Full Post
"
What are the best enchants to aim for on this build?
"
best enchants

The original FAQ covers Labyrinth enchantment options. I'd go for Grave on gloves, life regen or movement speed on boots, and anything remotely useful on helm (nothing is must-have).

@ DonQuixotic:
Full Post & Previous Conversation
"
Hercanic wrote:
@ Kirian42:
Full Posts
"
Kirian42 wrote:
Herc, do you have a POB for your current build with Triad Grip?

How are you running it? Just Smoke Mine, Phase Run, flasks, zoom zoom zoom while the minions kill everything in your wake? It seems like the only issue would be having to stop to loot!

"
Hercanic wrote:
@ everyone:
We were mentioned on Reddit: "My experience with 7 meta-type builds this league".
"
Kirian42 wrote:
Cool! Interesting that the writer used a variant that... well, I hadn't even seen yet, with Stampede-Cyclone-CWC-Desecrate...
"
DonQuixotic wrote:
I would like to try this triad setup, but the reddit post says little about it. Where is more info about it? Changes to tree, gear, links?
"
reddit post says

That wasn't my reply to their question. The horizontal line means the two are separate.

"
triad setup

I try to reserve the first post of a new page, then I add in all the posts I plan to respond to, and finally I edit in my responses as I'm able. The quote in question has not yet been responded to. When I do, I will be providing the PoB link they asked for.

In the meantime, you can import my Blight character, Hegemon_of_the_Dead, into Path of Building. It won't display the proper DPS, unfortunately, without some setup to include the cold conversion, Bonechill, and Skitterbot shock. You can see how I did this in the 2H Triad variant (response @ thegamingkage).

@ Hologram_o:
Full Post
"
Hologram_o wrote:
@Hercanic,

I've been experimenting with Kitava's Herald, they're amazing (maybe this patch) or gem setup as a spectre. They make inflicting bleed on bosses so much easier while I stand from afar and so this makes it hard for Blade Flurry to inflict bleed. Also they fire like 7 mortar projectiles and they do so pretty often (maybe more often now than the time you started writing the guide a long time ago). They're pretty damn fast with their attacks as well, with investments of cast/attack speed on gear. And on top of that, an absurd amount of life too :). I'd say these dudes are on par with at least Solar Guard/Frost Sentinels in terms of toughness and utility.
"
Kitava's Herald

Their mortar clear is spotty and has limited coverage, since it only hits the location they originally aimed at.

@ Veraclus:
Full Post
"
Veraclus wrote:
@Herc, or anyone else who might know..

I recently acquired a helmet with "level 18 burning damage" on it. If I use infernal legion instead of multistrike in this helm, will that be a wise move or not?
"
helmet with "level 18 burning damage" ... infernal legion ... wise move or not?

My plan for Hall of Grandmasters involves Infernal Legion on Skitterbots in a +3 helm with Minion and Burning Damage mods.

Aside from this, no, I wouldn't recommend it.

@ Kirian42:
"
Hercanic wrote:
Quotes from several posts, but no answers...
"
Kirian42 wrote:
Herc, were you just reserving this for later answers?
"
reserving this for later answers?

Yes. I edit in my responses as I'm able.

@ Drakoturt:
Full Post & Proceeding Conversation
"
Drakoturt wrote:

Did some research on the fight and watched some videos beforehand but it went a lot smoother than I thought. Only ripped once near the end due to extreme overconfidence (stopped dodging and tried to save my dying animated guardian by manually removing the gem mid fight, he only had 10c worth of equipment so it was pretty dumb).

I even deliberately face tanked a shaper slam just to check my defences, managed to live with about 1k HP/ES remaining. (Had 6k HP, 6.1K ES, Bone armour up, Taste of hate and Basalt flasks active, 10% phys reduction from bone barrier, Jinxed Juju w/4 spectres, Chaos Golem Phys reduction). That stuff really hurts!

My minions (Solar guard spectres excepted) also died a lot during the fight which hurt my DPS, relied on skeletons heavily towards the end.

Thanks OP for the awesome build!
"
Hologram_o wrote:
Well played, congrats on finally making it through the fight. This is what happened to me in 3.7, where all minions died (except Spectres most of the time, but there was a time or two one Frost Sentinels died as well). If you have more minion life total maybe most of them will survive. My zombies are now at 80k life, and thus all of them survive like 98% of the time. The whole point of doing UE is to simply think of them as two map bosses (which they are, because Shaper realm itself is a map). This way you gotta focus on phasing them quickly so that your minions would be less damaged.
"

Fantastic! =oD

"
I even deliberately face tanked a shaper slam just to check my defences, managed to live with about 1k HP/ES remaining. ...That stuff really hurts!

Nice! Shaper Slam deals 17k phys damage.

@ PsiBlades2002:
"
Hologram_o wrote:
Wish me luck bois and thanks hercanic for this amazing build! I guess now's the best time to push and hope for 100.
"
PsiBlades2002 wrote:
Good luck on your push. I agree that this is the best time to push for 100 with such an amazing build! Thanks Hercanic!

I just reached my first 100 ever with this build. Built a tanky version and reached over 14k life/es with corrupted soul + spirit offering.

Notable gear:
"
I just reached my first 100 ever with this build.

Congratulations! That would make you the third Speaker to reach 100! I had planned to add a "Centenarian" section to the Cenotaph once enough arose.

@ Larabiata4711:
Full Post & Proceeding Conversation
"
Larabiata4711 wrote:
Hi Hercanic,

"
Hologram_o wrote:
Oh, you're using Defiler too, I see! :)
I've been testing with different spectres lately to see which one works best or has the most potential, but I don't need Defiler anymore - since he only curses and does not summon minions and is generally outpaced by the rest of my minions - they either kill off things way too fast for him to apply the curse or it's hexproof maps/red beasts where curses are useless. I guess you can have 2 Frost Sentinels, these guys shoot projectiles very far and can provide good clearance.

The Chieftains are interesting choices, but the Power Charges generated by those chieftains don't really buff the DPS of the other minions that much, only a small % (as Hercanic has done some Math). And same with Carnage Chieftain - Victario shield already gives frenzy charges to other minions so this guy's redundant. Now I would love to see a version that grants Endurance charges to nearby allies, that's the one I'd use!

Kitava Herald's greater than ever (not sure if it's this patch and not before or they buff their AI or something). He fires mortars pretty damn frequently for me, on a consistent basis, including boss fights (7 projectiles total with GMP), leap slam and melee attacks in quick sequence (this requires a few jewels and passives with inc attack/cast speed to make him effective, though), and, he's immortal too! If you use the Bloodlust gem for Skeletons this for sure will reduce the burden of you inflicting bleed on bosses to beef up skeletons since this guy already does the job. Oh and not to mention the original build doesn't have investment in accuracy meaning our witch only has pretty low accuracy, making it not as reliable to inflict bleed (My blade flurry has 71% chance to hit, and only 64% chance to hit Evasive monsters at lv 84), and now minions have capped accuracy so that's why Kitava Herald's ability to surround bosses and inflict bleed is incredible. I'd recommend him!
"
Larabiata4711 wrote:
"
Hologram_o wrote:
Victario shield already gives frenzy charges to other minions so this guy's redundant.
In the 2H mace build I unfortunately don't have a spare hand for this shield :)

Also, this build only has 2 (or at most 3) sockets to spare for spectres, so they can't be buffed up to deal much damage. (Clearing is done by Carrion Golems.) So their main job now is charge generation, debuffing etc.
"
...using a slightly modified version of the 2H mace + Triad Grip build. ...the character is "Mrs__Cake" on my account! ...if you have any comments, I'd be very happy!

Nice, it's great to see someone trying out the 2H variant! How have the Carrion Golems been performing? That's the number one aspect I have been wanting to test. An alternative implementation is to have them spawn Phantasms. It'll be less damage overall, but give 10-11 ranged minions.

Eventually, you'll want a helm with Immolate. The Carrion Golem has low base damage with several innate multipliers, so flat damage is significantly more valuable for them. Phantasms are similar, so either way you go Immolate will work out well.

I see you've dropped Skitterbots for Discipline and ES on Hit. With Bonechill they're worth 40% more damage. You also have one red socket on Triad, so you lose a quarter of your Cold Damage, but it allows you to keep Generosity. Since you're already not using Bonechill, the damage loss is lessened. The Fire portion is able to benefit from EE, but not Hatred or Cold Exposure from Elemental Army. You could, though, swap Holy Relic for Combustion on your Spectres, supporting your army with -19% Fire Resistance on bosses. But the regen and nova from the Holy Relic is also pretty good.

Finally, since you're not using a Kingmaker AG, your Power Charges are only worth 10.5% more damage instead of 28%. For comparison, one Frenzy Charge is worth ~12% more damage. So an argument could be made for you going with two Carnage Chieftains instead of only one with a Host Chieftain. On the other hand, Power Charges mean more frequent Freezes and Ignites, so there's a unique utility there to consider. In the end, I'd keep the Power Charges.

If it weren't for the Fire Damage, I'd have suggested a Frostbite ring (since you're not using an AG), as it'd free up a Spectre. Death Bishop is also pretty cool, since its Frostbite curse provides a huge additional 20% chance to freeze. Oh well.

Despite all the lost damage, I do like how you were able to keep CWDT Spirit Offering with ES on Hit. The damage should still be more than plenty for all content; I was just having fun seeing how far I could push it. =o) Just a patch ago I was satisfied with 300k per Skeleton, and now I can surpass 2000k per Skeleton. It's pretty crazy!

As for your gear, you can get away with dropping the anti-bleed flask. Bone Armour purges bleed.

Blood of the Kauri is an excellent life flask to consider.

Is there a reason you're not using a Quicksilver flask? It'll stack with Phase Run and Smoke Mine for fantastic movement speed. And unlike Phase Run, it'll work while you're using Cyclone, too.

Your Basalt flask is white.

Anti-curse on your mana flask is actually a surprisingly good idea, because you can chug all charges of the flask and it'll stack up the entire duration. 5 sips * 5.3 sec = 26.5 seconds of curse immunity! You can also keep mashing that button after any pack to keep stacking and never have to worry about a Temp Chains map again.

Try to upgrade your boots to 30-35% movement speed if you can. You can also enchant them without losing the resistance implicit now. That'd be another 10% movement speed or 2% life regen.

Nice body armour! You could add one more suffix if you multi-mod it.

A second LGoSH ring will double your life recovery from Ball Lightning. By having solid life and ES recovery at the same time, you could then push your eHP with Corrupted Soul (best socket by Melding).

"

Because there's a 6-second warcry cooldown on both Chieftain types, using two of each will maintain charges for your army more reliably and help fresh Skeletons hit the cap sooner.

If you feel it's fine, then for utility Spectres you could use a Ruin Hellion. Its AOE taunt reduces enemy damage by a whopping 30% and lasts 8 seconds. Normal taunt is only 10%.

Just note that multiple taunts do not overwrite each other, only the first remains in effect, so the Ruin Hellion's taunt may not work properly if your other minions have applied taunt before it.
Last edited by Hercanic on Nov 7, 2019, 2:59:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info