{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

"
lazyboss wrote:
Hei, one thing in this build- I cant use cyclone and dont understood why, any sugestions?

you need a proper weapon to use cyclone. Sword\dagger\claw. Wands\sceptres doesn't work.
"
Detoxed wrote:
Spoiler
"
Dashbb wrote:
"
Detoxed wrote:
Yeah, I think it's too expensive to take the gamble with that much ex involved. I'm looking at two other options. One being alt/augment till I get the combo and regal the annul and hope the 33% chance pays off (or get super lucky and regal added fire damage). Or put a stuffix on and alt spam till +1 then regal hoping for maim. (may settle for added fire or another gem)

Alt + regal is probably the best. It depends what you want to do with the claw. For level 30 zombie this works and is just alt spam and then regal on maim + gem level and then craft the support gems
but you need a level 4 Empower as well. After you can Leo/Slam to try and hit extra supports.

If you want to multimod it then you will want you buy Craicic Chimerals and make an imprint before you regal ontop of the maim & +1 then annul after the regal and if you hit the maim or +1 use the imprint and then buy another beast and imprint again. Repeat until you have the 2 mods and then craft.

That's some solid info. Thanks for the advice, I had no clue the craicic chimerals were a thing.

I dont think this is a good ideal, we need 3 support, and spam regal + craicic is just not worth it. I think find a good one hand weap with 3 sp + 1 empty prefix (for craft +50% minion dmg) is a better choice.
@ Singrave:
"
lazyboss wrote:
Hei, one thing in this build- I cant use cyclone and dont understood why, any sugestions?
"
Singrave wrote:
you need a proper weapon to use cyclone. Sword\dagger\claw. Wands\sceptres doesn't work.

Scepters are melee weapons. They will work with Cyclone. Some melee skills only work with specific weapons, like Blade Flurry (claw, dagger, 1H sword only), which might exclude Sceptres, but Cyclone has no such requirements.

Wands and bows are ranged weapons, which is why they won't work with melee attacks like Cyclone.

@ lazyboss:
You have to set your characters to be publicly viewable in your forum account's Privacy settings, otherwise no one but you can see what you have equipped to give advice.
Last edited by Hercanic on Oct 25, 2019, 12:57:18 PM
I'm about 4k alterations into crafting the claw. Havn't had good luck so far. I picked this up and i'm tempted to run with it but the debuff on maim is pretty good.
Ty for help, Im using conv wand, its my mistake.
Tried out something new today. I keep 3 Frost Sentinel spectres and the last one I have is Defiler. This dude is super tanky (240% inc base life vs 180% from Frost Sentinel), he's sitting at about 126k life. The reason why I use this dude is because he casts Elemental Weakness so I can ditch Mark of Submission with Projectile Weakness to use a rare Unset ring with whatever mods I want for more life and utility like Shock while Focussed and increasing Shock chance when I hit with either Ball Lightning or Blade Flurry. This so far shocks everything (even bosses like Uber Elder most of the time) and coupled with Ele Weak the dmg loss from Proj Weak is made up easily. He casts it pretty often as I move from pack to pack in maps. I know Projectile Weakness gives more dmg in everyway, but all my minions do elemental dmg with added fire (zombies/agony crawler) and immolate (skeletons) so the curse itself is not bad at all. During hexproof maps all curses are disabled so I still have this rare Unset ring on anyway without having to swap between Mark of Submission and itself.

Looking at other mentioned spectres they all surely have some decent niche, but so far I see no mention of this guy so I put him out there. Definitely worth a slot on the team for debuffing with decent curse AoE.
A filthy casual
Last edited by Hologram_o on Oct 26, 2019, 11:19:58 AM
@Hologram_o
If you just want to raise your spectres DPS, use Slave Drivers.
From what I know slave drivers require a lot of cast speed, and has been nerfed a couple times? They're great but you need to stack cast speed. And if I use it I might have to lose a frost sentinel for him, not sure if that's worth it. And the only curse I use is Ele weak from the Defiler dude. I don't run Proj Weakness anymore.
A filthy casual
Last edited by Hercanic on Nov 1, 2019, 3:40:08 PM
@ everyone:
Speaker for the Dead is officially one year old today!

We were mentioned on Reddit: "My experience with 7 meta-type builds this league".

@ Mykle_Ironborne:
Full Post
"
@Hercanic I love this build. I have been using the 2H crafted mace (made it myself, yay) along with cold triad grips. My helm is terrible but there is so much damage I don't even notice. I have killed uber elder, shaper and uber atziri without difficulty.

One question I have is the unending hunger jewel, does soul eater affect the corpses generated by cyclone-cwc-desecrate? I removed the jewel and my ES sustain seems to have improved although it may be my imagination. Pardon my ignorance if I missed it somewhere in the guide.

Great job on one of my new favorite builds.
"
I have been using the 2H crafted mace (made it myself, yay) along with cold triad grips.

Oh nice! Have you seen the 2H Triad variant I posted awhile back?

"
does soul eater affect the corpses generated by cyclone-cwc-desecrate?

No, not at all. Souls come from kills, not corpses.

"
I removed the jewel and my ES sustain seems to have improved although it may be my imagination.

The Frostbite curse in CwC is cutting into your ES sustain. Aside from that, it may be that Spirit Offering occasionally targets a smaller corpse pile instead of the one made by Desecrate. Spirit Offering will target whatever's closest to your mouse at the time of casting, which has probably moved between the 0.35-0.7 seconds from where Desecrate was first cast.

@ tkwondave:
Full Post & Previous Conversation
"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:
You can find a 6l though, The Restless Ward Carnal Armour (~40c) for example.
With this set up, it's hard to aply EE (and we dont really need EE on mobs, spectre have enough dmg to clear), for boss, you can self cast storm brand for EE.

You should find a better one hand weapon, with 3 socket to get 6l zombies. You can find other base like swords, knife... implict life gain on claw quite useless when you dont use cyclone.
"
tkwondave wrote:
Thanks for your insights, especially re EE.

Yeah, I'm sitting at 17 Chaos currently, so I'm stuck with the gear I have for now ;-) Just started the league.

KR
"
I'm sitting at 17 Chaos currently

Based on your badges and character roster, I'm guessing you probably already know about the Chaos Recipe. On the slim chance you don't, I figure it's worth mentioning as a way to inject some early currency into your budget to kickstart the build, since our gear generally doesn't cost much.

~20-30 unID'd sets of rares will give you 40-60 chaos, which should be enough to buy a decent 6L ES chest. You just need two prefixes, ideally % and flat ES but life is also fine, with the third left open for the 10% Life as Extra ES craft from Gravicius.

Jewelry drops like candy from Blights and Delve, which are the main bottleneck pieces for the Chaos Recipe. Delve is especially nice for gathering rares, since you can hop back and forth to your stash in an instant.

@ Kirian42:
Full Post & Proceeding Conversation
"
Kirian42 wrote:
So I notice that Hercanic is now using Necromantic Aegis and Wicked Ward. I'm guessing the first one is so that they don't have to deal damage at all for everyone (including them!) to get charges.

Not understanding Wicked Ward, though. It's so nerfed from when it was Occultist-only... do you think it's worth it for the build?
"
Hologram_o wrote:
Wicked Ward is there to get ES to start recharge all the time since the Acro keystones are no longer taken it means the character will take hit pretty much all the time. The ES regen reduction sucks big time but without Wicked Ward it'll take forever (or never) for ES of the hybrid variant to start recharging. The delay is just too long and the hybrid variant is not invested in ES quality such as increasing recharge amount/regen amount like a true ES build. So Wicked Ward looks very appealingly cheap and is a must-have.
"
I notice that Hercanic is now using Necromantic Aegis

I've been working on a Cold Triad Grip variant in Blight. Without Ball Lightning's rapid hits, Frenzy generation isn't reliable or fast enough for my taste.

"
Not understanding Wicked Ward

It's one point for guaranteed recharge once it begins. Without it, there are times where ES is kept down. I'd rather just not worry about it.

If you are using CwC Spirit Offering, Wicked Ward is unnecessary.

@ Dashbb:
Full Post
"
Dashbb wrote:
"
Detoxed wrote:
Yeah, I think it's too expensive to take the gamble with that much ex involved. I'm looking at two other options. One being alt/augment till I get the combo and regal the annul and hope the 33% chance pays off (or get super lucky and regal added fire damage). Or put a stuffix on and alt spam till +1 then regal hoping for maim. (may settle for added fire or another gem)

Alt + regal is probably the best. It depends what you want to do with the claw. For level 30 zombie this works and is just alt spam and then regal on maim + gem level and then craft the support gems
but you need a level 4 Empower as well. After you can Leo/Slam to try and hit extra supports.

If you want to multimod it then you will want you buy Craicic Chimerals and make an imprint before you regal ontop of the maim & +1 then annul after the regal and if you hit the maim or +1 use the imprint and then buy another beast and imprint again. Repeat until you have the 2 mods and then craft.

"
Shingston wrote:

Current gear and links. Anyone have suggestions? At a loss for what's the next upgrade I should go for.

Quality on your gems. Either vendor them at level 20 with 1gcp each and they will go back to level 1 at 20% quality or just use 20gcp on them. At 20/20 either corrupt or double corrupt them for 21/20. Precision really doesn't do much in this build so you could move your golem to your gloves and get an extra gem with your zombies. You have 2 spirit offering setups so you can either drop CWDT or swap your cyclone setup to either ball lightning (lets your drop necromantic aegis) or SRS for more damage
Swap the craft on your body armour to 10% of maximum life as extra maximum energy shield. Get a better anoint on your amulet. Swap the craft to +1 min endurance charges. Don't forget we get 30% resistances for having 10+ minions alive. Recraft the life on your boots to get higher. You're massively over the amount of dex you need. I'd suggest either putting an actual skill point into alacrity or just getting an amulet with more dex on it and a better anoint. Replace you jewels with ones that give your minions blind/taunt. Getting devotion over the 5% nodes at constitution gets you a tiny bit more damage for no extra cost. You have a wasted point just below EE.

"
Kalandras wrote:
Hi
Im new at minion builds. Someone can take a look? Tips?

Thanks...

Quality on your gems, you don't need GMP linked with desecrate so you could put a golem into that socket instead. Using a much lower CWDT setup is better as it will activate much more frequently. Use a level 1 CWDT with a level 7 Desecrate and level 8 spirit offering. Minion damage support in your helmet or buy one that has it as a prefix. Melee physical damage support is 2x more damage than Ele damage as well. So use either of those. Your resistances are overcapped by a lot. We also get 30% resistances for having 10+ minions alive so you can lose some resistances on your gear to get more life if you wanted. You can swap the helmet craft for + maximum life, the amulet can as well. Your body armour and be crafted with gain 10% of maximum life as extra maximum energy shield to give you almost 250 more es. A better life roll on your belt.
Drop some of the jewel nodes, the 3 point at the top and the one with hollow gaze and instead get constitution and the life node next to Devotion. From the tree changes + recrafting you can gain 700 life and 100es

@Hercanic

I haven't played much PoE recently or checked this thread, did you have a gear list that you're using on your Animate Guardian?

I did see that you were looking for gear to test out and I ended up crafting this the other day while bored. Did you want to borrow it for a week or 2 to do some testing?
I'm still trying to get vorici into research to get the 4th blue. Is minion damage/life better than just damage crafted on it?

I've also got this which I'm not using and I'm close to being able to make another one so you can have this one if you need it for your AG setup
"
did you have a gear list that you're using on your Animate Guardian?

The original FAQ covers good gear for the Animated Guardian. For something more recent, check out the PoB link I released for the 2H Triad variant (not yet tested). The gear has notes written in their stats.

Better than Belly of the Beast, though, would be a rare chest with 10% Life as Extra ES. Base can be anything. 500 ES would become 1% life regen. Good to decent additions include:

PRE: (9-10)% of Life as Extra ES (Craft)

PRE: (11–15)% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Fire Damage (Elder)
PRE: (11–15)% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as [Cold/Lightning] Damage (Shaper)
PRE: 15% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Cold Damage (Essence of Horror)
PRE: (9–12)% increased maximum Life (Elder)
PRE: (5–8)% increased maximum Life, (5–8)% increased maximum Mana (Craft)
PRE: (3–5)% increased maximum Life, +(25–40) to maximum Life (Pristine Fossil)
PRE: (8–10)% chance to Dodge Spell Hits (Craft)
PRE: (5–7)% Chance to Block Attack Damage (Craft)
PRE: (8–10)% chance to Avoid [Fire/Cold/Lightning] Damage from Hits (Scorched/Frigid/Metallic Fossil)
PRE: You can apply an additional Curse (Craft)
PRE: Item drops on Death if Equipped by an Animated Guardian (Craft)

SUF: Can have multiple Crafted Modifiers (Craft)
SUF: +(31–35)% to Chaos Resistance
SUF: +(31–35)% to Chaos Resistance (Deaf. Essence of Envy)
SUF: +(51–55) to Intelligence (=11% ES)
SUF: +(21–25) to Intelligence, +(15–18)% to Quality (Craft)
SUF: Regenerate (1.6–2)% of Life per second (Elder)
SUF: Regenerate 1% of Life per second (Pristine Fossil)
SUF: (9–10)% chance to Dodge [Attack/Spell] Hits (Deaf. Essence of Loathing/Scorn)
SUF: (9–10)% chance to Avoid [Fire/Cold/Lightning] Damage from Hits (Deaf. Essence of Anguish/Suffering/Torment)

IMP: +(8-12)% to all Elemental Resistances (Astral Plate base)
COR: +1% to all maximum Resistances
COR: You take 50% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes
COR: (4–6)% increased maximum Life
COR: (3–5)% additional Physical Damage Reduction while stationary
COR: (4–6)% reduced [Fire/Cold/Lightning/Chaos] Damage taken

The additional curse mod would open some new possibilities. Namely an Ele Weakness corrupted Asenath's Gentle Touch or Oskarm.

Oskarm would probably be cheaper, since it's not Legion-restricted like Gentle Touch. It'd be better for boss farming. Assassin's Mark would be worth about 4% more damage against endgame bosses. Against other targets, it'll boost your minions from 35% crit chance (@3 Power Charges) to 49% and their extra crit damage from 80% (Kingmaker) to 96%. In other words, half of your minions' hits will deal double damage. When Gravepact's 5% chance to deal double damage rolls on one of these crits, it'll make for a very powerful quadruple-damage freeze. You could also stack the 8% spell dodge with a 10% crafted prefix and 10% Scorn Essence suffix on the body armour for a total of 28% spell dodge (= Phase Acrobatics for AG).

Gentle Touch would be better for Delving. Temp Chains, area blind, and % life explosions would be great during node events. Freeze shatters and corpse-eating Spirit Offering work against it to some degree, though.

"
I'm close to being able to make another one so you can have this one if you need it for your AG setup

Oh perfect! That would actually be a big help. =oD

"
I ended up crafting this the other day while bored. Did you want to borrow it for a week or 2 to do some testing?

Potentially yes. One other offered a 2H mace, but I have not got back to them so there's always a chance they changed their mind.

@ Hologram_o:
Full Posts & Proceeding Conversation
"
Hologram_o wrote:
Tried out something new today. I keep 3 Frost Sentinel spectres and the last one I have is Defiler. This dude is super tanky (240% inc base life vs 180% from Frost Sentinel), he's sitting at about 126k life. The reason why I use this dude is because he casts Elemental Weakness so I can ditch Mark of Submission with Projectile Weakness to use a rare Unset ring with whatever mods I want for more life and utility like Shock while Focussed and increasing Shock chance when I hit with either Ball Lightning or Blade Flurry. This so far shocks everything (even bosses like Uber Elder most of the time) and coupled with Ele Weak the dmg loss from Proj Weak is made up easily. He casts it pretty often as I move from pack to pack in maps. I know Projectile Weakness gives more dmg in everyway, but all my minions do elemental dmg with added fire (zombies/agony crawler) and immolate (skeletons) so the curse itself is not bad at all. During hexproof maps all curses are disabled so I still have this rare Unset ring on anyway without having to swap between Mark of Submission and itself.

Looking at other mentioned spectres they all surely have some decent niche, but so far I see no mention of this guy so I put him out there. Definitely worth a slot on the team for debuffing with decent curse AoE.
"
Singrave wrote:
@Hologram_o
If you just want to raise your spectres DPS, use Slave Drivers.
"
Hologram_o wrote:
From what I know slave drivers require a lot of cast speed, and has been nerfed a couple times? They're great but you need to stack cast speed. And if I use it I might have to lose a frost sentinel for him, not sure if that's worth it. And the only curse I use is Ele weak from the Defiler dude. I don't run Proj Weakness anymore.
"
he casts Elemental Weakness so I can ditch Mark of Submission with Projectile Weakness

The main reason for Projectile Weakness in the Original Build was to allow the Agony Crawler to pierce. The knockback was also very defensively useful in Delve, though it unfortunately also work against Skeletons when facing bosses.

The Vexing Archer casts Projectile Weakness. I remember they used to spawn in the Caverns, though looking more into it they may no longer be spawning there. I thought I remembered still seeing them somewhere, but not sure where now.

"
increasing Shock chance when I hit with either Ball Lightning or Blade Flurry. This so far shocks everything (even bosses like Uber Elder most of the time)

Shock from damage is scaled by damage. So even if you see the shock effect on bosses, it can be as low as 1% increased damage taken. This minimum requires a hit of 0.2% of the enemy's maximum life, so 20M Shaper life = 40k hit to shock at all with Ball Lightning/Blade Flurry.

"
From what I know slave drivers require a lot of cast speed,

Slave Drivers have 65% reduced cast speed, but their base cast time is 0.5 seconds. Without any other cast speed, they have a 1.43 cast time (=1/(1-0.65) * 0.5). This means their first 65% increased cast speed will nearly triple their cast rate. Every stack of Soul Eater is 5% increased cast speed, so 13 souls will counter their built-in reduction.

Frost Sentinels, Flame Sentinels, and Solar Guards all have a base cast time of 0.85 seconds. Goatman Fire-raisers have the same, but their 50% reduced cast speed brings them up to 1.7 cast time.

Vaal Risen Advocates (Lightning) have a slow base of 1.2 seconds.

If we have 100% increased minion cast speed from our tree and jewels, we get the following results:

Cast Time (Casts Per Second) of Spectre
0.60 (1.67 cps) Vaal Risen Advocate
0.57 (1.76 cps) Goatman Fire-raiser
0.43 (2.35 cps) Frost Sentinel/Flame Sentinel/Solar Guard
0.37 (2.70 cps) Slave Driver

As you can see, the Slave Driver quickly surpasses the others despite having the heaviest reduction, due to his fast base time.

If we have 200% increased minion cast speed:

0.40 (2.50 cps) Vaal Risen Advocate
0.34 (2.94 cps) Goatman Fire-raiser
0.28 (3.53 cps) Frost Sentinel/Flame Sentinel/Solar Guard
0.21 (4.70 cps) Slave Driver

Slave Drivers pull even further ahead.

"
and has been nerfed a couple times?

They haven't, they only became popular last league. Spectres who were nerfed at some point are:

Solar Guard's Solar Beam (Spell Echo triple-cast charge-up skip removed)
Wicker Man's Unrighteous Fire (lower damage when Spectre)
Burned Miscreation's Unrighteous Fire (no longer scales off life and lower damage when Spectre)
Tukohama Vanguard's totem (5sec cooldown added)
Cannibal Fire-eater's Fire Spray (lower cast speed)
Stygian Revenant's Spiral Nova Projectiles (-2 projectiles and lower damage when Spectre)
Undying Evangelist's Delayed Blast (lower damage when Spectre)
Carnage/Host Chieftan's Warcry (6sec cooldown added)

"
And the only curse I use is Ele weak from the Defiler dude. I don't run Proj Weakness anymore.

Slave Drivers use a rectangular Point-Blank AOE lightning spell similar to Flame Surge. It is not a projectile, so they wouldn't benefit from Projectile Weakness anyway.

They have the Quick mod, granting 50% increased movement speed, which helps compensate for their limited range. In addition, their AI has a peculiar spreading routine (watch how they idle).
Last edited by Hercanic on Nov 1, 2019, 3:39:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info