Temporal chains and 75% limitation question

"
The_x_ile wrote:
"
Karvarousku wrote:

this is totaly contrary to what rory just said in this thred.
have you tested this now?
is that your stream?

Yes, that is me being affected by TC with 190%+ curse effect. Only works in PVP since you need to be within Dying Breath radius from AG or 3rd player since the one cursing needs curse effect shield.
"
Karvarousku wrote:
"
The_x_ile wrote:
"
Karvarousku wrote:

have you tested this now?
is that your stream?

Yes, that is me being affected by TC with 190%+ curse effect. Only works in PVP since you need to be within Dying Breath radius from AG or 3rd player since the one cursing needs curse effect shield.

and if i dont reach the 190%, lets say ill have 185% will that be capped at 75%?
only when you exceed 190% that will break the 75% cap?
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
"
The_x_ile wrote:
and if i dont reach the 190%, lets say ill have 185% will that be capped at 75%?
only when you exceed 190% that will break the 75% cap?

It seems that unless Mark was mistaken, this is a bug, so you can assume it will be fixed soon-ish. There shouldn't be a different limit between cursing yourself and cursing others, so for the time being, you can exceed 75%. I personally wouldn't invest in a character that is based on an interaction that doesn't work like GGG expects it to, because chances are, this interaction won't stay this way.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Yes, that value is capped at 75% to prevent bugs.

on the topic of temp chains, i was wondering how action speed modifiers stack... are they all additive with each other or all multiplicative or are some one way and some the other? It feels like at least some are additive with each other, cuz deadeye's tailwind makes elder's slow feel significatly less obstructive, moreso than what i'd expect of a multiplicative 10-20% speed boost but as expected if it's additive.

And is there a cap on action slows in general, like if i get 75% from temp chains and apply chill will enemies be slowed even further?
Last edited by Shppy on Oct 27, 2018, 10:35:15 PM
"
Shppy wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Yes, that value is capped at 75% to prevent bugs.

on the topic of temp chains, i was wondering how action speed modifiers stack... are they all additive with each other or all multiplicative or are some one way and some the other? It feels like at least some are additive with each other, cuz deadeye's tailwind makes elder's slow feel significatly less obstructive, moreso than what i'd expect of a multiplicative 10-20% speed boost but as expected if it's additive.

And is there a cap on action slows in general, like if i get 75% from temp chains and apply chill will enemies be slowed even further?

That is an interesting question, but I would guess that some still stack multiplicatively. Due to its nature (and Ghudda), TC is a prime suspect for that.

Perhaps Karvarousku could do some testing combining it with an elementalist causing chilled ground and a little chill effect?
"
Karvarousku wrote:
I was really hoping this wouldn't come up.

There are actually two caps, in different parts of the code. In normal circumstances it's capped at 75%. If you actually push the effect to more than 100% slower (time going backwards for buffs/debuffs), a earlier catch logs a warning message with details about the situation and forces the value to 100% slower (not ticking down at all), adn bypasses the normal code for scaling it (which includes the 75% cap). This isn't supposed to actually be possible for players, but there was a case where it seemed to occur with a specific boss which caused bugs in the past, and the safety check is still there. We've known about this for years, but improving it was never a priority because players scaling the effect this high was not supposed to be possible. Probably we'll have to rework some of that now - certainly we don't want to be spamming warning logs whenever a player does this if it can be done legitimately now.

"
The_x_ile wrote:
For the record, I'm not Rory.
"
Shppy wrote:
on the topic of temp chains, i was wondering how action speed modifiers stack... are they all additive with each other or all multiplicative or are some one way and some the other?
Freeze/Petrify set action speed to zero, skipping modifiers. Temporal Chains is a multiplicative modifier (effectively "less"). All other sources are additive (effectively reduced). Descriptions for these stats are scheduled tob e reworked to make this clearer, hopefully in 3.5.0, but I can't promise that yet.

"
Shppy wrote:
Not in general. There's the stat from Unstoppable which prevents being slowed below base speed, and there's a generalised version of that which exists on some bosses and prevents it dropping below a specified value.
To be honest Mr Mark_GGG the times when we could slow mobs to 100% were much more fun than with current 75% cap =).
IGN : Sir_Big
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

"
The_x_ile wrote:
For the record, I'm not Rory.

oops sorry Rory.. :)
sorry mark, didnt pay any attention.
and im glad this thread came up and make the test available to all.
now its just make we wonder.... what other caps arent really capped at 75%?.... :)
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Shppy wrote:
on the topic of temp chains, i was wondering how action speed modifiers stack... are they all additive with each other or all multiplicative or are some one way and some the other?
Freeze/Petrify set action speed to zero, skipping modifiers. Temporal Chains is a multiplicative modifier (effectively "less"). All other sources are additive (effectively reduced). Descriptions for these stats are scheduled tob e reworked to make this clearer, hopefully in 3.5.0, but I can't promise that yet.

"
Shppy wrote:
Not in general. There's the stat from Unstoppable which prevents being slowed below base speed, and there's a generalised version of that which exists on some bosses and prevents it dropping below a specified value.

Thank you, much appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info