F THE LABIRINTHS

"
RoyalStar wrote:
and all the thread you linked, are closed...

Very true, GGG has had a policy for a year or so now that inactive threads are closed after a period of time. It's a general forum thread policy not Labyrinth specific. When I used the word "closed" in my first post, I really meant deleted.

I'm an optimist. It can take years to schedule in the changes to fix something like Labyrinth. By fix I mean to make the ascendancy points available outside the labyrinth. The best way to fix something like this, I would guess, would be to fold it into some bigger changes for a major release.

I ran a few extra end game labs for enchants myself. The loathsome game play was not worth the small chance of success getting an enchant for one specific build. Enchant runs really only make sense for people doing it for trade. Get some generally desired enchant on usually unique helms, then sell them for a nice profit. If I have to have such an enchant for a build then I just spend the exalts to get one already done for me.

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Oct 15, 2018, 4:41:52 PM
The Labyrinth is the best thing since sliced bread, which thematically is what those bad at it end up looking like.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Xavathos wrote:
The Labyrinth is the best thing since sliced bread, which thematically is what those bad at it end up looking like.

Baaaaa baaaaa 'support' baaaaaaaa

"
LeetbakaDX wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

Baaaaa baaaaa 'support' baaaaaaaa

Thank you for your feedback on my feedback. I'd like to return the favour by providing feedback on your feedback on my feedback, but I won't.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
so it's about you doing some lab runs and not getting a certain enchant?

this isn't a super mario jump&run, it's a arpg with a global economy.

you ever asked yourself why certain items in a game have "value" after all?

yep! because playsrs get them in a single try! you lost.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I like Labyrinth for what it is and also its reward structure. I still think GGG should look at enchants, update and re-balance them. Re-balancing is necessary because some enchants are due to nature of a skill they support lot more useful than other enchants for different skills.

1. GGG should ensure that enchants are of relatively equal power and usefulness for all skills.
2. GGG should also reduce number of available enchants and distinguish between various labyrinths by different numerical values of the enchants

I believe Labyrinth enchants should be small power increase hidden behind minor effort constraint. These enchants should be natural culmination of player's effort to gear their character. These enchants should never break a build if not available.

I would go as far as to make them radically more available by modifying the process--put helmet to enchant and skill gem for which you want the enchant into the font, which would result in random enchant for that skill to be put on the helmet.
Currently there are 3 problems with labyrinth:

1. It is mandatory for every character, regardless they are "good" ot "bad" labrunners, as it is only way to get ascendencies.

2. It is impossible to get out of this place. No trading, im most cases no any "league specific" feaatures there, including Sulpshit in current league.

3. Big disparity between enchantments. Gloves enchantment are trash, boots enchantemnt are ok, helmet enchantments - definitely too many of them, it is very, very hard to obtain something useful. Personaly did more then 200 runs in current league, all with "twice enchanted" and much with additional use of device from darkshrine. So something about 450 to 500 attempts. Despite this I got... 5 "quite good" one, but still no "top rated" enchantments.

Possible solutions:

1. Unbound ascendencies. They should be automatic, like - "normal" on level 40, next on lvl 60, next on lvl 75 and final on level 85. They should be "available" in labyrinth too, for every players who wants or can ascend quicker.

2. There should be some "secluded area", where players could exchange items, if AH is impossible. Also, in case of leagues like current league, there should be opportunity to mine Sulpshit in lab.

3. There should be something like "enchantment crystals" or whatever, exactly like prophecies, which can be sealed and sold, along with opportunity to "unbound" enchant from particular item (even if that item will be destroyed during whole process. And/or - number of "shitty" enchant should be reduced - too much of them and number groves with every new league.
Lol^

1) It's mandatory because its "free power", not something you need to pay for unless you count the offering for uber lab.

2) It is a challenge meant to be done in one run, usually under 15 min. I think even full key runs take somewhere between 7-10 min for the average player.

3) Glove enchants can be useful. Especially the one that creates chilled ground when struck. There is also the consecrated ground one and a few others that are useful. To somewhat combat the medicoreness of some, you have the option to use special base gloves that give proj attack damage, melee damage or spell damage.

1) They should never be automatic because they are ASCENDANCY CLASSES, not just regular skill points. You should always have to do a specific challenge in order to get them. Furthermore, granting them at levels instead of allowing you to earn, especially the last one means you can avoid doing the trials and most importantly the map trials all together. That is NOT good.

2) Access to trading while in lab would be OK in the areas before each boss fight stage, but GGG decided against it because trade is already easy enough. Would also open up room for people to trade bases to enchant and stuff and I think GGG wants people to have it already stashed before they start.

A) Sulphite could be in the lab, but most league content isn't due to the nature of the lab being a specific challenge. Just like unique maps, atziri, ect.

3) People love to complain about enchants, but honestly they are luxury for almost every build. Sure you probably won't get that one enchant you want on a specific base, but why do you feel entitled to that enchant? It is an endgame goal and the price reflects that.

Originally I hated the idea that you could get enchants thru fossils, but I overall think its ok. It allows some of the less used enchants to be sold off, while still creating a market for unique item enchants. For example last I checked +1 VD enchant was 95 exalts in the temp league.

Given the recent uproar of the community about the randomness of enchants I would be surprised if they didn't do anything with them. But at the same time I would also be happy if they didn't do anything with them.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
Lol^

1) It's mandatory because its "free power", not something you need to pay for unless you count the offering for uber lab.

your argument is lol?

there is nothing to lol

labirinth is so bad that make people angry, there is nothing to lol
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
"
goetzjam wrote:

I think even full key runs take somewhere between 7-10 min for the average player.

If you want an average look at the labyrinth ladders and consider all the player times, not just the first page.

This is like saying the average player is level 99.

Sometimes math is hard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info