F THE LABIRINTHS

Retarded mode on:
Nooooooo lab is testing you and your character. If you can not dodge dousens of traps how can you dodge shaper's beam? In order to kill minotaur first you must prove yourself with the shitty traps.
Retarded mode off:

They are not testing anything in the actual game. They must stay in the game but just for the juicy lab enchants. Thats all.
The only problem I have with labs are the traps. These make exploring so slow and annoying, when it will come to backtracking (such as bumping into dead end).

Other than that, it isn't really bad. It has that rogue-like feeling and stuff. ...But these traps all over the place, that force players to wait... That is why I ignore labs - doing only ones needed for ascendancy, which itself is what I'd prefer to avoid as well.

I mean, I get these traps have a purpose, but come on, the amount of these in there makes it a pain. I'd love to see more puzzles instead. There are some few basic ones and these are nice. Having more would be more exciting than struggling with traps.

TL;DR - Labs aren't bad, but the traps in there totally are.
"
Rikifive wrote:
T...

Traps on their own are not really a problem. However, traps are at the cornerstone of one of my few complaints about Labyrinth.

Labyrinth being stand-alone part of the game, with its own specific set of rules and mechanics, can be vastly different experience based on build and skill selection. My problem is that you can enjoy Labyrinth but what characters you play and what movement skills are available to you will greatly impact your final performance in the Labyrinth.

Certain characters can absolutely trivialize traps--properly built Juggernaut can ignore most of the trap and run past few that are dangerous.
Movement skills are another variable that will greatly impact how much you can enjoy or hate Labyrinth--if you have Lightning Warp or Blink Arrow, your trip will be very enjoyable. If you happen to be using Shield Charge or Whirling Blades, your experience will be very different--I dare to say it will be frustrating.

You can always go out of your way to improve your odds by using appropriate flasks, utilizing different movement skills just for Lab or change your Pantheon setup. This is something lots of people do not consider what judging Labyrinth. You can have very bad time in there if your character is not built to deal with challenges lying ahead. I also do not think it is good that there is such a huge gap between well performing character in Lab and under-performing one because large part of the game is given and can not be fixed unless you pick different character or skills.
"
Baron01 wrote:
"
Rikifive wrote:
T...

Traps on their own are not really a problem. However, traps are at the cornerstone of one of my few complaints about Labyrinth.

Labyrinth being stand-alone part of the game, with its own specific set of rules and mechanics, can be vastly different experience based on build and skill selection. My problem is that you can enjoy Labyrinth but what characters you play and what movement skills are available to you will greatly impact your final performance in the Labyrinth.

Certain characters can absolutely trivialize traps--properly built Juggernaut can ignore most of the trap and run past few that are dangerous.
Movement skills are another variable that will greatly impact how much you can enjoy or hate Labyrinth--if you have Lightning Warp or Blink Arrow, your trip will be very enjoyable. If you happen to be using Shield Charge or Whirling Blades, your experience will be very different--I dare to say it will be frustrating.

You can always go out of your way to improve your odds by using appropriate flasks, utilizing different movement skills just for Lab or change your Pantheon setup. This is something lots of people do not consider what judging Labyrinth. You can have very bad time in there if your character is not built to deal with challenges lying ahead. I also do not think it is good that there is such a huge gap between well performing character in Lab and under-performing one because large part of the game is given and can not be fixed unless you pick different character or skills.

This is the main problem of the labs. While some builds are very convenient and some builds or totaly not; lab is still an obligation for all the builds.
I really don't think it's obligatory. If you really can't do it on your own, get a carry, but seriously, I didn't bother with ULab on my last char because I didn't have enough hp to survive a hit from Izaro. Didn't keep me from playing the rest of the game at all. And what about the fact that most CI builds level as life? What is so hard to find a way to survive lab once? You don't need to farm it on that character.
I just pay for a carry if my character cant do it. It's like .2% of the entire game, and takes like 15 minutes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info