[3.9] Null's Inclination Aurabot Summoner

Thanks for the single target update. I am not as successful.

Dancing duo doesn’t work because it needs rampage which doesn’t work through a portal.

I barely used a 6Link +2 fire gems bow with SRS to clear the chaos warband in Acid Caverns. The problem is that they summon a Chaos degen Totem that has more HP than anything else ever. It seems like a bug. My SRS just sit on the Totem and die from the chaos searing bond damage. I eventually cleared it this way but it went horribly awry too many times. Not what I need.

I have rejiggered gear to be in a stronger place:

Now I have Reduced Flask Charges Used on my belt so my Worm Flask has 3 uses. In theory I could use many worm flasks to Rampage a Dancing Duo, will try later.

I added Enlighten3 back to my Victario’s chest.

I dropped Speaker’s Wreath for a Bone Helmet that happened to have -5% mana reserved. It also has life. I had to add Culling Strike to my Rain of Arrows. It feels like I dropped my killshots from around 75% to 25% but it is still good enough to spawn enough minions that map clearing feels unaffected.

I rerolled a new Shaper quiver to have life on hit, life, projectile speed, and minion movement speed. It even has some cold damage so I was able to upgrade another Abyss jewel to pure minion damage.

I can now use Herald of Purity! Alongside Haste Anger Wrath Blasphemy Temp Chains and a Banner leaving me with 80 mana unreserved.

I had to lose my Golem slot to do this.

I can now run over a map boss by the fact that my Worm Flask can make SRS, Phantasms, and Herald minions all by itself. I should probably try running 2 Worm flasks to see if can clear phased bosses like the Core map.

I have prepped another Null’s to try for a Double Corrupt since that could be my next biggest upgrade.

I have stopped running Delves because I just die to lag spikes. I am now slowly gaining exp again toward 92.

All in all it feels hard to die except to a 1 shot like Volatile or a boss. I have 5666 life Acrobatics Phase Acro and Temp Chains with usually an army surrounding me. CWDT Immortal Call and Vortex chill. I use Brine King to stop chain stun and have immune to poison.

I ran about 20 Tier 9 Towers yesterday from my older stash since old maps don’t progress the atlas. I could easily phase the boss in 2 seconds.

Last edited by NorrYtt on Dec 29, 2018, 11:44:04 AM
Consider double corrupting Victario's Influences instead. Our best outcome there is +2 to AOE and +2 to Aura gems, which is a huge DPS gain.
"
NouwayH wrote:
Consider double corrupting Victario's Influences instead. Our best outcome there is +2 to AOE and +2 to Aura gems, which is a huge DPS gain.

You are right - and I don’t need to 5 link it like a Null’s.

I think I should be able to swap my Blasphemy from my chest with my Herald of Purity and my Banner. They are both 35% so it should work. This would make the Banner considerably stronger but lose +1 gem level from the Temp Chains.

I am using the accuracy Banner in higher tier maps so my minions can hit. In lower tier maps I use the Impale Banner since my damage is way more than enough. I can’t tell if my minion accuracy is my largest deficit but it probably is. I am trying to save for Command of the Pit but they are 5ex on Standard. I will have to Path of Building to see what the difference would be.

I am close to needing an Unset Ring. I believe if I’m still playing this build over the course of a couple more months I will end up crafting Unset rings since that’s where my summoners finally end up during leagues.

Here is my current gear:

Spoiler

Last edited by NorrYtt on Dec 29, 2018, 4:57:34 PM

It actually works! https://youtu.be/2q6g5NKJgik
(spent 2 portals, was really easy)
Last edited by NouwayH on Dec 31, 2018, 6:20:50 AM
Do you think Champion could be an alternative for the taunted enemies can't be missed? Also more hc viability due to fortify. Always wanted to play a nulls build and was very happy about your guide.
INVASION IGN: itstimeforadududuelist
Champion is probably the best alternative ascendancy for this build, however it would require some adjustments. Since you would lose the Offering effect on you, maybe 6-link the Null's and drop that gem for something else? The weapons would last about 25 seconds less, it could be annoying to do some very long maps.

The Worthy Foe passive fits perfectly on this build and would free the gloves for something else, maybe Shaper's Touch for additional life.

I'm not sure if I would go with Fortify.. Inspirational and Master of Metal are so good here: Inspirational would further improve your auras and Master of Metal would give you a baseline chance to impale, which means you would generate stacks even if the banner is linked with Generosity (it gives nearby enemies % less chance to hit, just like Blind).
Ty for the quick reply. I might give it a try now.
INVASION IGN: itstimeforadududuelist
Because we only put aura gem in the chest, it's not necessary to have some link in it, right?
Yes, the chest dont need to be linked! Just 6 sockets and the right colors
Good to find your build thread. I was browsing poe.ninja and saw your build, looks fun so I decided I'm going to use it for next league. Been meaning to try out a null build considering how much I enjoyed using jorrhast prior to the 'bug' fix for the range weapons.

I'm glad I read the build I was wondering what 1-link spectres you were using.

So, the build is definitely slot starved..

I cut out herald of purity, and summon phantasms on kill. From my experience, going too many minions results in lackluster mapping.

I opted to use a 4-link spectres with the Risen Vaal Advocate (Lightning) using:
raise spectre + gmp + pierce + minion damage. The idea is to have these guys do enough DPS/tank at the start of maps to get the ball rolling with AW. I'm able to get 3 spectres using +1 from tree and crafting +1 boots with delve fossil.

For the rain of arrows, I slotted in culling strike + curse on hit + ele weakness. I think the added dmg from the phantasms is miniscule, they're not tanky at all, and hopefully the spectres help with the DPS.

Animate guardian is where I am having trouble fitting in. I want something like AG + minion life at the minimum, ideally with multistrike + faster attacks wearing a victario's charity to generate an insane amount of frenzy charges... Prob going to use ornament of the east until command of the pit is equipped...

I did some testing between war banner and dread banner, it's hard to say which is better definitively. Considering impale scales off phys dmg, and the majority of the minion dmg is elemental, impale dmg isn't great for this situation, but the increase in accuracy granted by war banner increases the DPS by a little more on POB.

However, with 40% chance to impale + insane attack speed at full frenzy charges, dread banner might just be better it's hard to test it in POB though... Using a full phys build with melee phys/brutality/chance to bleed, I could see that being pretty good, but I'd have to test it.. Maybe even cut brutality for poison? Not sure if you've already tried this out.

For certain boss encounters, I think it's ideal to do a full gear swap and use a 6-link lioneye's glare with a blink/mirrow arrow setup... You're just torturing yourself trying to do AW on stuff like shaper/guardians/elder etc... With that said, the blink/mirror arrow build works great in all situations... Even using a mirrow arrow inside of the null's instead of AW would be interesting to test. I already made several blink/mirror arrow builds and I'm not really in the mood to do another, kinda just want to build a fat mob and snowball maps this league.

So far:

Bow: Animate weapon - minion dmg - ele dmg with attk - ele focus - melee splash - ruthless

Body: hatred, wrath, anger, haste, war banner, vitality

Gloves: convocation, flesh offering, desecrate, clarity

Boots: Raise Spectre, GMP, pierce, minion dmg.

Helm: Rain of arrows, culling strike, COH, ele weakness.
I'm thinking maybe switch out culling strike for additional accuracy? What do you think? I don't think culling strike is that useful. I noticed the hit chance is really bad for the build, alternatively I could grab RT but 4 points is expensive, maybe considering to pull the 3rd spectre for RT, I'd have to test and find out, but I def think that you want 90%+ chance to hit for smooth gameplay. A silly idea I had was to use gluttony belt to get the culling strike, unfortunately no frenzy charges for minions since you're getting all the kills, but it also frees up the COH to put the phantasms back in or something else like maim, I could also pull the pierce gem from the spectres if I went with this...

So hypothetically you could run a 3-link phantasm with minion dmg + gmp. Not really convinced that it would be that great though, just from my experience of playing with phantasms, especially if your only way to generate them is on-kill.

Oh yea, I also need to find a place to put blink arrow lol.

Considerations I'm making is moving the spectres into a hungry loop to 5-link them and moving the animate guardian into the slot. The downside of this is that it could potentially take a very long time to get this setup completed for leveling gems, so I'd have to run without AG for some time.

Alternatively, I could move clarity + convo into rings, and run AG on 2-link with minion life. Still going to be pretty hard to gear and the AG attack speed is going to suck resulting in inconsistent frenzy charge generation...

One thing I was wondering is if culling strike works with the phantasms you have linked?

But yea, I had to make a lot of cuts for this build... Stuff like vaal grace/haste, cwdt immortal call, etc... No space... But I did pick up acro + phase acrobatics. Since I was getting Charisma, I figured it was worth the leap.

I picked up Sacrifice on the tree to cap the res on the minions, could get minon resistance on the jewels, but I think it's more effective to use the jewel for minion dmg instead and Sacrifice gives quite a bit more than 1 mod on a jewel.

Here's the POB I got so far, the tree is level 100, but you can switch to the 90 (I'm realistically planning to level to 94ish)

https://pastebin.com/UGUdRG5F
Last edited by ironstove on Feb 26, 2019, 5:36:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info