[3.8] A CI/LL Tri-Curse Herald of Agony Occultist [Deathless Uber Elder, League Starter]

Is the build dead?
"
neelix2401 wrote:
Is the build dead?

I believe the build is very much alive! It just lost some of its tankiness, but it was a bit op before. I believe it's now better balanced, but not dead at all.
im currently playing this build and even in just "ok" gear (quill rain, skin of the loyal) it will do 600k shaper DPS and have 8-9k ES. the bonus is in the current meta it seems all the gear is on super sale. if you go all in on a 800 ES chest and a +3 bow it will still hit 11-12k ES and 3M shaper DPS, so its still more than FINE.
Ingame: Sakrilegious
"
Sakrilegious wrote:
im currently playing this build and even in just "ok" gear (quill rain, skin of the loyal) it will do 600k shaper DPS and have 8-9k ES. the bonus is in the current meta it seems all the gear is on super sale. if you go all in on a 800 ES chest and a +3 bow it will still hit 11-12k ES and 3M shaper DPS, so its still more than FINE.

I'm so happy to hear it! Thanks for your input :)
Hello, I played this build to 88 in Legion and I believe it is personally still quite strong.

One thing you can do to push it a bit further in this patch is drop RT and instead spend the saved points on a strength +30 node and whatever else you want. This requires you to get accuracy rolls on your rings, which isn't too bad especially in trade where people don't value accuracy very highly when selling. +800 accuracy across 2 rings brings my rain of arrows hit % to 93, which feels sufficient. In total, this saves 5 passives points; 4 if you buy a +30 node.

This does weaken your character somewhat against Uber Elder and Freezes from mapping since you lose the Dream Fragments slot, but I've managed with a Heat flask and the Yugul pantheon power.

Overall I believe after the 3.7 nerfs the main attraction point of the build is with how safe it is once you have everything in place. I have only died once this league, to a mistake with Act 10 Kitava while I was leveling. If a league mechanic ever makes it easier to get a vicious proj +1 bow, this build would still be an incredibly powerful and easy pick.
"
alicecreek wrote:
One thing you can do to push it a bit further in this patch is drop RT and instead spend the saved points on a strength +30 node and whatever else you want. This requires you to get accuracy rolls on your rings, which isn't too bad especially in trade where people don't value accuracy very highly when selling. +800 accuracy across 2 rings brings my rain of arrows hit % to 93, which feels sufficient. In total, this saves 5 passives points; 4 if you buy a +30 node.

Just try Shaper's Touch gloves and you will get 92-93% accuracy, can use Dream Fragments, and don't need accuracy roll on rares. + Find on market Shaper's Touch with Temporal chains corruption, Rain of arrows set up needs only 5-link.
"
alicecreek wrote:
Hello, I played this build to 88 in Legion and I believe it is personally still quite strong.

This does weaken your character somewhat against Uber Elder and Freezes from mapping since you lose the Dream Fragments slot, but I've managed with a Heat flask and the Yugul pantheon power.

Overall I believe after the 3.7 nerfs the main attraction point of the build is with how safe it is once you have everything in place. I have only died once this league, to a mistake with Act 10 Kitava while I was leveling. If a league mechanic ever makes it easier to get a vicious proj +1 bow, this build would still be an incredibly powerful and easy pick.

"
zZzeratuL wrote:
Just try Shaper's Touch gloves and you will get 92-93% accuracy, can use Dream Fragments, and don't need accuracy roll on rares. + Find on market Shaper's Touch with Temporal chains corruption, Rain of arrows set up needs only 5-link.

Indeed, those are great ideas! I use Shaper's Touch on a guardian HoA build I'm experimenting with, and it gets me to 100% hit chance (with Astramentis though). Anyway, since accuracy is much easier to get now, I believe you're right and Resolute Technique can be dropped.

If I may add something, another idea if you're ready to drop a jewel is to use Tempered Mind above the witch start, it gets me to 99% hit chance. :)

Cheers!
"
Vatinas wrote:

If I may add something, another idea if you're ready to drop a jewel is to use Tempered Mind above the witch start, it gets me to 99% hit chance. :)

Looks like overkill, cuz of losing of ~300 energy shield. Its better use Utmost Intellect passive nodes to get +380 ES & +2% hit chance.
Last edited by zZzeratuL on Jun 20, 2019, 9:25:37 AM
"
zZzeratuL wrote:
Looks like overkill, cuz of losing of ~300 energy shield. Its better use Utmost Intellect passive nodes to get +380 ES & +2% hit chance.

I agree, using another jewel might be preferable, but for people who really want to drop Resolute Technique and want to keep using Dream fragments, for instance, it is a possible choice, that is why I mentioned it. But again, you're right, it's most likely better to get another jewel if you can. :)
So what do we do swap in 6link Curse on hit setup, when we go gloves with temp chains? and what to swap in bow with vicsious proj int?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info