The Frigid Matron: 4x Ice Golems, 1.6 mil shaper DPS and Insane Defenses!!

"
Hollyphantom wrote:
"
Yes this does seem to be 100% worth doing, although it has some serious downsides as well.

You'll lose a ton of es and you'll lose 1 golem by using 2x Ichimonji. I also need to test it, but you might lose a lot of golem damage by not being able to use hatred since our auras cannot affect our allies (not positive this is how it works though due to using generosity on hatred in our setup).

Regardless if this interaction truly works as it seems to then this is broken beyond belief and we should abuse it until GGG fixes it :)

The monkeys will likely refill us to full frenzy charges before we need to hit phase run again, and if this interaction truly works this well we might even be able to change the ascendency to an elementalist to get more golems going.

cool. yea another thing that sucks is that you have to travel all the way down to the instant warcry node. In that case, a life-based build might be better. It might work fine without warcry though.

Yeah I think it might warrant some testing.

Another adjustment I'm looking to make now is to incorporate skeletons for single target. The golems seem to struggle in higher tier delves because of their AI (they don't spam attack single targets it seems) so adding in skeletons should make quick work of any boss targets.
Would you mind sharing some pointers how to level up this thing? CI character is something I never tried before so it would be nice to get to know how its done.
Hiya,

I leveled this character as a poets pen Volatile Dead character as it was my second char of the league, but any normal summoner leveling spec will work:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1827487

The above build guide uses flame golems, but does a great job explaining how you can level a golem char.

For Occultist ascendency pt order Id first take Wicked Ward from normal lab, then Vile Bastion. For your merc lab take profane bloom, and finally Malediction.
Got the build to 81 and so far I'm liking it a lot although I think it could use some physical mitigation so I'm thinking about replacing one of the flasks for Taste of Hate.

Another thing you could clarify in your build are pantheons, I wonder what you are using. I'm thinking fully upgraded Brine King might be a good idea + Grutkhul. What do you think?
"
Veerian wrote:
Got the build to 81 and so far I'm liking it a lot although I think it could use some physical mitigation so I'm thinking about replacing one of the flasks for Taste of Hate.

Another thing you could clarify in your build are pantheons, I wonder what you are using. I'm thinking fully upgraded Brine King might be a good idea + Grutkhul. What do you think?

Awesome man! Well for physical mitigation we basically take advantage of a basalt and granite flask, which gives us quite a bit of armor combined with our healthy es pool.

For pantheons there are plenty of options. I think tukohama is best as minor power for physical damage, as a good strategy for bossing is to stand and channel the storm burst to proc the spirit offering on our minions.

Another good option is the Soul of Lunaris for major power, especially upgrading with Lycius, Midnight's Howl. Without it you can get chained by your golems sometimes on bad map mods, which is quite annoying. A fully upgraded Solaris is also a good option, as mitigating crit damage is a very good idea in general.

Soul of Solaris is also great, and btw we dont need brine king because we are immune to stun while we have energy shield due to occultist buffs :)

Hmm, interesting options indeed. I was thinking about Brine King mostly because of that pesky freeze but having a look at the other options properly it actually make more sense.
"
Veerian wrote:
Hmm, interesting options indeed. I was thinking about Brine King mostly because of that pesky freeze but having a look at the other options properly it actually make more sense.

Unfortunately in my opinion being frozen is a death sentence in any difficult content without having a freeze flask. Because of this Brine King isnt that useful, because odds are "if you've been frozen recently," you're already dead. And if you aren't its because of the freeze flask saving you, which means you aren't benefitting from Brine King anyway.
In case someone is interested in more footage, I recorded Phoenix run with following mods:

- Players have Elemental Equilibrium
- 30% more monster life
- +40% monster physical damage reduction
- Monsters cannot be stunned
- Players have 60% less recovery rate of life and energy shield
- +24% monster pack size

https://youtu.be/CcJ-jsY9Tec

This is on lvl 85 with worse gear than OP has.
You can look up my character.
Last edited by Veerian on Oct 18, 2018, 6:18:24 PM
"
Veerian wrote:
In case someone is interested in more footage, I recorded Phoenix run with following mods:

- 30% more monster life
- +24% monster pack size

Awesome video man!

Its tough sometimes to keep the golems aggro'd onto the boss, thats why the cast while channeling spirit burst setup can be so helpful. Great work!

Also: I just realized gruthkul's pelt is only like 5c this league. I'd now say guys this armor is BIS for animate guardian, insane ehp and regen for him :)
"
"
Veerian wrote:

- 30% more monster life
- +24% monster pack size

Awesome video man!

Its tough sometimes to keep the golems aggro'd onto the boss, thats why the cast while channeling spirit burst setup can be so helpful. Great work!

Also: I just realized gruthkul's pelt is only like 5c this league. I'd now say guys this armor is BIS for animate guardian, insane ehp and regen for him :)

Thanks! I know it wasn't very smooth boss fight and one of my golems kept dying. I still need to get used to this playstyle (I'm usually playing bow builds).

As for the armor, Gruthkul's is exactly what I gave to my AG.

PS

If you like, you can link up my video in your main post. I can also record more if someone would be interested.

Edit:

Shaper run https://youtu.be/DS2pNGwT5dM
Last edited by Veerian on Oct 19, 2018, 7:05:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info