The Frigid Matron: 4x Ice Golems, 1.6 mil shaper DPS and Insane Defenses!!

"
Hollyphantom wrote:
Nice build!

Oh hey thanks man, you seem like a cool guy! Have a good day.
"
Giammafix wrote:
seems interesting, do you have some videos on how it performs against the endgme bosses? :)

Uploaded one vs shaper, but plz bear with my potato pc (overheated my comp and ended up crashing in the instance lol, first 2 phases are pretty accurate for the dmg though).
Hey OP, thanks for the build guide, I really enjoyed it.

I had this theoretical speedy ice golem build sitting around (https://pastebin.com/uGSk67hE), and notice it's reasonably similar to yours. Could you please check it and recommend if 20K golem life will be enough to do shaper? It can run 2 X purities and an extra defensive curse, so maybe that will make up for some of the lost life by using primordial chain?

Also, where is the intimidate coming from in your build?
"
grimlock9999 wrote:
Hey OP, thanks for the build guide, I really enjoyed it.

I had this theoretical speedy ice golem build sitting around (https://pastebin.com/uGSk67hE), and notice it's reasonably similar to yours. Could you please check it and recommend if 20K golem life will be enough to do shaper? It can run 2 X purities and an extra defensive curse, so maybe that will make up for some of the lost life by using primordial chain?

Also, where is the intimidate coming from in your build?

Hey man,

Thanks for the kind words! I checked your pob, very cool concept using victarios and stacking the auras.

In my opinion 20k life for the golems will be plenty, PROVIDED you have enough golem regen (this comes from the nodes on the tree and also primordial harmony jewels) and golem resistances. The key with shaper is he hits hard but slow, so as long as they have time to regen through his damage they are incredibly tanky. make sure to use spirit offering as well to give the little guys more res if needed :)

Also the intimidate is coming from my animate guardian, i gave him a jagged fossil-crafted sword with 15% chance to intimidate on hit. and he hits often.
Last edited by WalkwithWolves on Oct 9, 2018, 12:40:40 AM
"
In my opinion 20k life for the golems will be plenty,

Awesome. I think I have enough currency, so it's go time! I'll let you know if it works out!
"
grimlock9999 wrote:
"
In my opinion 20k life for the golems will be plenty,

Awesome. I think I have enough currency, so it's go time! I'll let you know if it works out!

Good luck! Keep in mind you'll want enough primordial harmony jewels (id say 5 or 6) and when shaper does his slam / beam try to convocate your minions out of the way.

If you're feeling aggressive you can put in a summon holy relic for shaper instead of portal gem, to help heal your golems a bit too maybe.
Last edited by WalkwithWolves on Oct 9, 2018, 2:04:40 AM
Added another video showing the Minotaur fight, the mods were whatever if I recall but i show my gear in the beginning.

You can see from the clip the golems do tons of burst damage when i convocate them away and let them cyclone back into him, so be sure to use convocation as an offensive weapon against tougher targets.
"
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
Nice build!

Oh hey thanks man, you seem like a cool guy! Have a good day.

it's all over reddit but you should try my idea:

use phase run + dual ichimonji + instant war cries.

I think this combo might fit golem builds best.

Enemies will stand still because they are taunted to you but they cannot see you. And keep spamming phase run and warcry every 4 seconds. abyssal cry is probably best.

Im guessing the monkeys give u frenzies, which extends phase run duration too. Also, ichimonji can get 20% aoe corruption btw.
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Oct 10, 2018, 4:40:17 PM
Yes this does seem to be 100% worth doing, although it has some serious downsides as well.

You'll lose a ton of es and you'll lose 1 golem by using 2x Ichimonji. I also need to test it, but you might lose a lot of golem damage by not being able to use hatred since our auras cannot affect our allies (not positive this is how it works though due to using generosity on hatred in our setup).

Regardless if this interaction truly works as it seems to then this is broken beyond belief and we should abuse it until GGG fixes it :)

The monkeys will likely refill us to full frenzy charges before we need to hit phase run again, and if this interaction truly works this well we might even be able to change the ascendency to an elementalist to get more golems going.
"
Yes this does seem to be 100% worth doing, although it has some serious downsides as well.

You'll lose a ton of es and you'll lose 1 golem by using 2x Ichimonji. I also need to test it, but you might lose a lot of golem damage by not being able to use hatred since our auras cannot affect our allies (not positive this is how it works though due to using generosity on hatred in our setup).

Regardless if this interaction truly works as it seems to then this is broken beyond belief and we should abuse it until GGG fixes it :)

The monkeys will likely refill us to full frenzy charges before we need to hit phase run again, and if this interaction truly works this well we might even be able to change the ascendency to an elementalist to get more golems going.

cool. yea another thing that sucks is that you have to travel all the way down to the instant warcry node. In that case, a life-based build might be better. It might work fine without warcry though.

Last edited by Hollyphantom on Oct 10, 2018, 5:09:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info