PATH of Exile: Delve fail. Not Fun for more than a few leagues. Here is why & suggestions.

You have just misunderstood this game. It is not ARPG, it is a simulator of the unregulated market. Just sit in your hideout, flip currency and scam people - this is gameplay GGG proposes.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
"
Oblitus wrote:
You have just misunderstood this game. It is not ARPG, it is a simulator of the unregulated market. Just sit in your hideout, flip currency and scam people - this is gameplay GGG proposes.

without an auction house that is waaayy too boring and monotonous. with an auction house, it would be massive fun though, I give you that!
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Time to introduce mob who can dispell buffs
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Niiyos wrote:
Recommendation/Solution; do not add extra layers of Needs in your content; more complicated you make, less enjoyable it is in general as it doesn’t match the core gameplay which should always be the priority.

I'm really wondering what the hell you are doing it.

PoE's complexity is what makes PoE what it is, is a big part of what has always been appealing about PoE.
If it was not for it, it might not have gone all this way to begin with.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Oct 11, 2018, 1:23:15 PM
Only fail here is you. Delve is the best league ever.

Why wouldnt you go and play d3 where you dont NEED to do anything?
"
Jadame wrote:
Delve is the best league ever.

Care to explain why? It's like standard plus sulphite farming. If that is the best league ever for you you must have missed the last 16 leagues. ^^
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Oct 11, 2018, 3:05:02 PM
First my context is a bit different from the OP. I only started playing Delve about half way in, I'm on my first character and only level 88. So, I haven't been delving nearly as much as the OP. I have to say though that so far I'm having fun.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
666lol666 wrote:
It's like standard plus sulphite farming.

Every league is standart but with a league mechanic. Delve is probably most "non-standart" out of them tho since it adds another form of endless endgame.

"
666lol666 wrote:
Care to explain why?

Pushing high level delves are fun, and gives reason to minmax characters beyond completing maps in sub 2m time. Crafting also fun and very rewarding.
Last edited by Jadame on Oct 11, 2018, 4:16:12 PM
"
Jadame wrote:

Pushing high level delves are fun, and gives reason to minmax characters beyond completing maps in sub 2m time. Crafting also fun and very rewarding.

^ false

Pushing high level delves could be fun, and would give reason to minmax characters beyond completing maps in sub 2m time if you wouldn't have to farm sulphite all the time!
^ true

Look the problem with this league mechanic is that you can't push high levels without farming sulphite over and over again. In the good leagues like breach or essence league for example you could simply play the game and enjoy the full league mechanic on top of it in in the bad leagues like talisman or delve you have to farm tons of stupid shit to be able to enjoy the fun part of the league mechanic.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Oct 12, 2018, 3:28:16 PM
well you see there is a smiliar Problem with Grim Dawn, when you cleared End game + Addon you just try out new builds... oh wait it's like in Poe but without gems. Sure it is less complicated but still Better then POE, It has a great Story and funny moments + a Nice Plot. Grim Dawn is Growing slower then Poe but content is way better.

ah yes Poe Was never Fun to begin with, exceptions are if you are a Theorist that likes to theorycraft all day, than thats the game for you.

you can go wrong in Poe sooner es expected, in Grim Dawn you can't, until you realize that you are missing resistances (10 main) +a bunch of others.

All in all if you don't like poe anymore try Grim Dawn.
Last edited by Yegetaone on Oct 19, 2018, 1:30:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info