PATH of Exile: Delve fail. Not Fun for more than a few leagues. Here is why & suggestions.

Dear GGG,

If you make this kind of whiners happy make it simple,

Why are you wasting your time with nice horizontal content and making a real alternative to maps? Whiners are not worth this kind of content. They dont deserve it. They are all devoid the ability of managing all the thins like flares, darkness resistance, dynamites and sulpite....

All you need to do is :

Add a bunch of new monsters to the areas and they drop currencies like in harbinger.

That's all!!!. This is the point.!!!

You made whiners happy. Save your developers time. Let them go vacations to some kind of paradise islands for 150 days of a year....

And the naming for further leagues will be easier to:

3.5 Morebinger League
3.6 Anotherbinger league
3.7 Yetanotherbinger league
Last edited by pphnx on Oct 30, 2018, 12:36:23 PM
"
pphnx wrote:
All you need to do is :
Add a bunch of new monsters to the areas and they drop currencies like in harbinger.

You forgot maps. Lots of maps. Red tier maps.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Jadame wrote:
Delve is the best league ever.

Care to explain why? It's like standard plus sulphite farming. If that is the best league ever for you you must have missed the last 16 leagues. ^^

I think its the best league too I can explain why:

Exploring is fun. Revealing and trying to reach new nodes are fun.

Darkness is challenging. Risk/reward balance is good.

Very nice crafting mechanics of crafting that you can have more control over rng. Especially blocking some nodes is a very good idea.

Good way to make currency apart from wearing mf gear that limiting you.

Instead of xx million shaper DPS bullshit, you can see the real limits of your build. It encourages you to min/max your gear/build.

Finally a real horizontal content that can be a real alternative to maps.
"
pphnx wrote:
Dear GGG,

If you make this kind of whiners happy make it simple,

Why are you wasting your time with nice horizontal content and making a real alternative to maps? Whiners are not worth this kind of content. They dont deserve it. They are all devoid the ability of managing all the thins like flares, darkness resistance, dynamites and sulpite....

All you need to do is :

You made whiners happy. Save your developers time. Let them go vacations to some kind of paradise islands for 150 days of a year....

And the naming for further leagues will be easier to:

3.5 Morebinger League
3.6 Anotherbinger league
3.7 Yetanotherbinger league

You must be that kind of player that used to cram shaped Strands 24/7 like a zombie.

I got bored of Delve after 25 challenges (which, as an achievement nut who always goes for at least 36/40, is pretty telling), and I'm not really intending to go further. Yes, flares/dyn/darkness resist become minor concerns to fund later on. But just like Bestiary, the fun content is too gated behind pure chance to be any worth.

IdGaF about currency. If I play a league, it's to experience its content without having to shell out exalts for a damn Tiger-level encounter found by some LordMetaGrindr420, who melts everything including your framerate.
I don't fight Farrul because I want the fur, I fight Farrul because I want to fight Farrul.
Incursion, in this regard, was much more enjoyable, and so was Breach. Rewards were more modest on average, but the new mechanics were accessible.

Delving in itself is fun, somewhat. Having to go back for several 1000 sulphite more and more regularly to the point of it becoming a chore, is not. From a design perspective, it's a very gimmicky way of linking what would otherwise be two completely independent sections of the end-game to prevent one from overshadowing the other.

And ironically, abysses are finally fun to do, now that you can actually find liches more than once in a blue moon.
Last edited by CantCatchMeCuzImaMonkey on Nov 1, 2018, 3:49:52 PM
"
Apachy wrote:
Agree.
Maps take you to the End game content.
Delve does not take you to the End game content, because, besides of the ladder and challenges we have nothing there!

Of course Maps take you to end-game content and is considered end-game, yet Delve is its own type of end-game content as well that is meant to test the breaking point of a player's build should they find running through all the Maps too easy.

And as far there being 'nothing there' from Delve, you are completely wrong. Get to a decent depth between at least 150-250 and you can go sideways, left or right, for as long you want (and at a cheaper Sulphite cost than much higher Delves), and you can garner nice drops from great nodes along the way.

I have played all 17 Leagues since the Anarchy League back in June of 2013, and the Delve League has been more bountiful in drops and more profitable than any other League. Delve does have its annoyances here and there, yet they can be worked around.

With that said in mind, the aforementioned is only true for those who have been playing the Delve League properly vs. trying to rely on areas outside of Maps (or very low tier Maps) for very low Sulphite returns.

"
Apachy wrote:
Ladder is broken (Most of the players do not care about it anymore).

Just because most players do not care about the Ladder does not mean the Ladder is broken.

Laddering in nearly every ARPG I have ever played never really appealed to the general playerbase and is not meant for everyone, anyway, not just because Laddering to the top is a huge time sink (for those who juggle a real life with their PoE freetime), but because Laddering is nothing more than an ego stroke for bragging rights other players do not really care about.

"
Apachy wrote:
Challenges are broken (I have not seen a single person here with 40 challenges yet! This is C-R-A-Z-Y! Once I saw how RNG-random the challenges are, I stopped playing at all.).

I do agree some Challenges can be better balanced and/or some Challenge types can be completely done away with, notably RNG-based Challenges. RNG-based Challenges are not Challenges; they are time sinks (difference).

Furthermore, there actually is more than a single person with 40 Delve Challenges completed, even if it is a very small amount of players who have completed that many Delve Challenges.

However, let's take a moment to acknowledge the fact that the Portal Effect reward at 36 completed Delve Challenges is not the 'shiniest' of Portal Effects compared to other Portal Effects from past Leagues, and because of that, it did not give most players the incentive to want to bother with completing 36 Challenges in Delve (like myself).

"
Apachy wrote:
So, here comes the main problem.
When you delve you don't do maps.
No maps -> no end game.

You have that completely wrong. In order to Delve effectively, players must Map (particularly T10+ minimum) in order to receive better Sulphite returns that allow players to Delve for longer periods of time. If you have not been doing that during your time playing the Delve League, then you have been clearly playing the League wrong.

Instead of saying: No Maps -> no end-game, the real truth is: No Maps -> No 'effective' Delving.

You therefore Map to Delve, not the other way around, since there are no Sulphite nodes in Delve to sustain going deeper in the Mines without Maps.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Nov 6, 2018, 2:23:58 PM
The only problem with Delve for me is farming sulphite! Delve hides behind great grinding wall. 'Farm sulphite for 40 mins to go delve for 5'.
All leagues should have same delve map but the characters should start left or right of your previous one so you can continue were you left or make a new delve
Need more brains, exile?
To me this league was oversold in the introduction and in the concept. It could have been amazing (and it was sold to be amazing), but it fell flat due to poor execution.

It is overtuned to be boring; everything that can be interesting has too low chance to occur. Can't imagine how bad it will be once they move it to Standard, which is another brutal nerf.
“We are the race of flesh, We are the race of lovers.”
"
Frostride wrote:
To me this league was oversold in the introduction and in the concept. It could have been amazing (and it was sold to be amazing), but it fell flat due to poor execution.

It is overtuned to be boring; everything that can be interesting has too low chance to occur. Can't imagine how bad it will be once they move it to Standard, which is another brutal nerf.

This. It fell flat due to low quality on release and overdone RNG for fear we would leave... and instead it caused everyone to leave and go play something actually fun and working instead.

I can see the next "bigger than Delve" league doing the same thing because GGG don't ever learn that their leagues shouldn't be broken as hell on release.

guess what? this tread gonna stay relevant due to new expansion. My worries where real. RIP

"Now I gonna have to keep running in a "dark" & while throwing "flashes" & "TNT" in search for "walls" under which i need to capture "beasts" with my "NETS" on a "Time limit" to "change the future" while my "fuel" is running out within a map.”
Last edited by Niiyos on Nov 14, 2018, 6:50:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info