If you had a time machine would you go back in time and kill baby Hittler?

like, he's just been born he haven't done anything wrong yet.... would you do it?

Spoiler
like really???? he's a cute baby. You monster!
Last bumped on Oct 30, 2018, 4:02:34 AM
If I had a time machine I'd go back in time and kill baby me. For science!
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

I think killing yourself would prevent your whole time travel therefore it would save you o_O'' maybe
No, but I would go back in time and buy a few thousand Tarmagoyfs at $0.25.

"
diablofdb wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

I think killing yourself would prevent your whole time travel therefore it would save you o_O'' maybe

Nah. I think time is only causal linearly. Time travel is only forward moving. If you were able to bridge to the past, traveling there is still traveling forward in time. When you kill yourself in the past, you’re in the future relative to when you left; it would have no consequence on present you. Besides the realization you are a monster.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Sep 30, 2018, 12:56:40 PM
Maybe if you write Merkel instead of Hitler, there most probably would be waiting list :).
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
No. We have no idea what would have happened instead. The reality now could be worse for all we know.

There is an excellent short story about this topic called the Great Work of Time where a group of people wanted to go back in time to assassinate Rhodes.
Censored.
1933: Hitler came to power.
2018: You go back in time to Kill Hitler™.
1933: Hitler, being dead, didn't come to power.
2018: You no longer have a reason to go back in time to Kill Hitler™, so you don't.
1933: Hitler came to power...

You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
Last edited by Upandatem on Sep 30, 2018, 3:28:58 PM
no. In the event that it works as you expect it to do, you'd erase millions of lives that were born because many many people wouldn't get hooked together like it did. You'd delete their childrens and the childrens of those and so on.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
faerwin wrote:
no. In the event that it works as you expect it to do, you'd erase millions of lives that were born because many many people wouldn't get hooked together like it did. You'd delete their childrens and the childrens of those and so on.

On the other hand you'd be replacing them with the lives of everybody who died an early death in the war, their children and grandchildren.

On the other, other hand the war did end up teaching us some valuable life lessons, albeit at a terrible cost. Imagine if the cold war didn't stay cold because we didn't learn to fear The Bomb in 1945.
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info