[3.6] RF Scion | 1.8m+ DPS VRF // 400k+ DPS RF | 10k+ Life

hi was wondering if you were going to update this build. its the best scion rf build ive tried and am curious to see if theres any tweakign to do post betrayal and 3.6 changes
"
rozakk wrote:
hi was wondering if you were going to update this build. its the best scion rf build ive tried and am curious to see if theres any tweakign to do post betrayal and 3.6 changes

I took a quick look at updating - Wave of Conviction and Purifying Flame are the two big changes to note, and the Consecrated Ground buffs/increased availability certainly don't hurt. The new Minion damage/regen ring certainly helps as well. It's almost a 10% damage increase overall with minimal reductions to life.

I'm still not sure if it's an improvement over a Jugg build outside of Delve at all, but it should definitely still be viable.

https://pastebin.com/BAbggmUX
thanks for updating. one thing im not understanding is youve picked up the spiritual aid wheel in this updated pob? how does that work with this build
I'm converting a lvl 93 Ascendant from Ice Spear/Freezing Pulse Totems to your RF in 3.6 SC trade Synthesis league.

Totems were fine tbh. 2.5mil shaper dps ice spear on 4ex budget using a +2 proj tabula. Good clear in open areas. 160% move speed. But would die constantly even at 8k HP (Mind over Matter) because it has no other defense layers, little regen and tight maps like Cells were a bitch for FP totems. I trivialized up to T15 Elder with it. PoB if anyone wants to check it out: https://pastebin.com/nxpKM7Tm

Now I want to play something tankier without having to level a Jugg, so I'll try making your RF Ascendant instead. I love Scions.

I have 5ex to buy all items. Might not fit the Watchers Eye at first. We'll see.

I'll post first impressions and results later.
Last edited by MrBubuX on Mar 25, 2019, 10:33:08 AM
"
rozakk wrote:
thanks for updating. one thing im not understanding is youve picked up the spiritual aid wheel in this updated pob? how does that work with this build

We want the 1% regen node in that wheel and Spiritual Aid just happens too provide some decent damage as well (by virtue of making its bonuses and the other minion damage bonuses we've incidentally accumulated apply to RF's damage). By dropping the life nodes nearest the Witch, we can afford to grab both that and an additional jewel so it's a pretty big improvement all around.

"
MrBubuX wrote:
I'm converting a lvl 93 Ascendant from Ice Spear/Freezing Pulse Totems to your RF in 3.6 SC trade Synthesis league.

Totems were fine tbh. 2.5mil shaper dps ice spear on 4ex budget using a +2 proj tabula. Good clear in open areas. 160% move speed. But would die constantly even at 8k HP (Mind over Matter) because it has no other defense layers, little regen and tight maps like Cells were a bitch for FP totems. I trivialized up to T15 Elder with it. PoB if anyone wants to check it out: https://pastebin.com/nxpKM7Tm

Now I want to play something tankier without having to level a Jugg, so I'll try making your RF Ascendant instead. I love Scions.

I have 5ex to buy all items. Might not fit the Watchers Eye at first. We'll see.

I'll post first impressions and results later.

Looking forward to it!
Mistakes I made so far:

- When buying boots: Make sure Doryani's Delusion are Purity of Fire and Cold Dmg to Spells

- When buying helm: sometimes a cheaper helm with dex str requirements can become a bit expensive when coloring Blue Blue Blue Green. Vorici calculator says 300 Chromes required on average for my 85 str/62 dex. Do prefer helms with some int requirements to help with blue coloring. I got lucky with 120 Chromes.
Last edited by MrBubuX on Mar 25, 2019, 12:04:28 PM
Here's a warning that I feel should be added to the guide:

Doryani's boots have three versions:

120 Int Required Sorcerer Boots (4 Chromes to color BBBR)
120 Str Required Titan Greaves (140 Chromes to color BBBR but has good armour)
120 Dex Required Slink Boots (1200 Chromes to color BBBR)<--- DONT BUY THIS

I was lucky to buy a Sorcerer Boots by chance and to know how Chromes work but some newbies might not.
"
MrBubuX wrote:
Here's a warning that I feel should be added to the guide:

Doryani's boots have three versions:

120 Int Required Sorcerer Boots (4 Chromes to color BBBR)
120 Str Required Titan Greaves (140 Chromes to color BBBR but has good armour)
120 Dex Required Slink Boots (1200 Chromes to color BBBR)<--- DONT BUY THIS

I was lucky to buy a Sorcerer Boots by chance and to know how Chromes work but some newbies might not.

You can choose to run Cyclone in the boots if you grab a pair of Slinks, at which point it should just be 120 chromas to color your gloves to trip blue at the crafting bench (which you can do similarly with the Titan Greaves). If you opt to use Cons Path, Shield Bash, or Leap Slam instead of Cyclone it'll be a worst case of 100 chromas at the crafting bench. No real need to roll at any point with this build afaik.
Ahh yes, that's true. 2 Questions:

1) In PoB the Wave of Conviction is lvl 20 linked to CwDT lvl 1. Is that to manual cast Wave of Conviction? EDIT: Nevermind, I was looking at the wrong place.

2) Do you think it's also a sensible option to run lvl20 CwDT like this build https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/mutatatempora/MariaTeresaRuthless
Last edited by MrBubuX on Mar 25, 2019, 2:25:44 PM
"
MrBubuX wrote:
Ahh yes, that's true. 2 Questions:

1) In PoB the Wave of Conviction is lvl 20 linked to CwDT lvl 1. Is that to manual cast Wave of Conviction? EDIT: Nevermind, I was looking at the wrong place.

2) Do you think it's also a sensible option to run lvl20 CwDT like this build https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/mutatatempora/MariaTeresaRuthless

Having to take roughly a third of your life in damage to trigger means you won't be proccing very often on trash but it should proc often enough against late game bosses. Certainly viable depending on what you're wanting to do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info