So pathfinders are breaking the game

"
suszterpatt wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
On topic: I'm sure they'll just nerf flasks in general, so all classes and builds will feel the pain, instead of nerfing Pathfinders.

People have been "sure they'll nerf flasks" for the past 2 years.

Hasn't happened yet, but hey.

hasn't happened yet? lol yes it has. on multiple occasions. they nerfed all of the big unique flasks pretty hard, some more than once. they nerfed all the resistance utility flasks pretty hard too.

its just people will keep finding ways to break the game.
They nerfed the Writhing Jar about six times and people still find ways to abuse it.
Let's just play the game instead of pretending this is some hyper competitive intercontentnenial moba with millions dollars of prize money on the line.

What is really left of the game's former glory days of opie after infinite aura stacking, instant leech, shotgunning, double dipping, 1000 life, instant vinktar were removed from the game?

I just want the chaos ratio to be reasonable and the ability to play one semi functional uncrippled build every league.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
Let's just play the game instead of pretending this is some hyper competitive intercontentnenial moba with millions dollars of prize money on the line.

What is really left of the game's former glory days of opie after infinite aura stacking, instant leech, shotgunning, double dipping, 1000 life, instant vinktar were removed from the game?

I just want the chaos ratio to be reasonable and the ability to play one semi functional uncrippled build every league.

Shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet be nice just need people like the OP to GET INTO REALITY EH
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Doesn't matter, man. Just play for fun.

All the leaderboard does, is give the devs insight into what should be obliterated and balanced from the game.

If we are being really competitive, look at the HC leaderboards. You don't see many immunity pathfinders cause there all dead.

(⌐■_■)
"
Varskar wrote:
It didn't matter before but right now, when there is a ladder, things are different. Why would you even bother to compete with them when they are immune to any damage with 100 ES while being CI? Discouraging AF when you try to min-max, but all of that effort makes no sense when someone is just spamming pots with 100 EHP and keeping himself alive. Some might not agree with me on this but I think this is just dumb.

Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not seeing how someone could be immune to ANY damage - certain types sure....

And if you're going to mention min-maxing, figuring out how to engineer mechanics to work in unexpected beneficial ways is part of said min-maxing....
Yep, totally over league play.
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
"
Varskar wrote:
It didn't matter before but right now, when there is a ladder, things are different. Why would you even bother to compete with them when they are immune to any damage with 100 ES while being CI? Discouraging AF when you try to min-max, but all of that effort makes no sense when someone is just spamming pots with 100 EHP and keeping himself alive. Some might not agree with me on this but I think this is just dumb.

Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not seeing how someone could be immune to ANY damage - certain types sure....

And if you're going to mention min-maxing, figuring out how to engineer mechanics to work in unexpected beneficial ways is part of said min-maxing....

I assume he is meaning 100% phys->ele conversion for hits + 100% max all res from gear + flasks and ci for chaos. It is a bit sketch due to degens and the like and also you are squishy without flasks up.
Last edited by ladish on Sep 23, 2018, 10:05:19 PM
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
"
Varskar wrote:

Your missing something. Cause the immune to all damage build has existed for like several leagues now.

1 hp pathfinder facetanking minotaur.

(⌐■_■)
Ah, but that's what I mean - when people claim something is game-breaking and yet give absolutely no consideration to everything that goes into it.

So you're telling me that OP is upset because people are investing heavily into high end gear and constantly piano-flasking it?

I mean there's a reason that increased max res is so rare....

I could complain that my lazy totem delver isn't as fast in the mines as some of the current meta builds, but I knowI built him specifically to play at a slower relaxed pace where I can just stand around waiting for the incursion to complete.

Getting mad that a min/maxxer out min-maxxed you.... oh man.
"
RPGlitch wrote:
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
"
Varskar wrote:

Your missing something. Cause the immune to all damage build has existed for like several leagues now.

1 hp pathfinder facetanking minotaur.

Oh thank you for that, I had no idea. Even then my gut reaction isn't "daaaaaym", its just oh the itemization to do is does exist.

But seriously, unless a particular setup is so meta most of the people you randomly trade with are running it, raging over it has nothing to do with competing on the ladder but being mad that someone thought of it first and not being able to afford the gearing to do it yourself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info