After coming back, here is why I dislike Zana missions these days (and not for predictable reasons)

I thought everybody does that
"
Fruz wrote:
Only certain missions have a single portal, a minority of the missions.

I'm looking at a Zana daily right now that has 8 missions. Of those 7 are one portal missions. The only choice that is not a one portal mission is a standing stone timed mission to find a unique item. And it's a magic map while all the others are yellow. Also bad for trade leagues.

Clearly each slot is independently rolled. It would be less obnoxious if they limited it to one or two of the mission options but 7 out of 8 shouldn't happen IMO.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
Last edited by Phaeded on Sep 23, 2018, 5:28:35 PM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
Adjust your loot filter, or stop picking up trash.
Unless 5+ 6socket items drop, this really shouldn't be necessary.

Does it look like this is my first rodeo playing PoE? Excuse me for countering with a jerk response, but your comment seems to suggest I do not know how to play the game very well, that and you seem to believe the 'fix' you suggest is actually a fix for the issue I speak of when it is in fact not a fix at all.

With that being said, my loot filter is set up to only pick up items worth picking up, and yes, actually, there have been a few cases this League I ran into where I have gotten 5 6-socketed drops, high-end Div Cards, high-end currencies, and decent rares with high DPS, etc. from a single map run. Then I had to play the 'eeny, meeny, miny, moe' game to pick which drop(s) to sacrifice.

Sure, that scenario may happen rarely, yet that is beside the point in my OP. Let the above scenario happen to you a few times (if/when it does), and then come back and tell me how not annoying the experience was for you.

"
One portal is almost always enough for all the loot that's actually worth picking up. If you run out of space, ID some rares and toss them out once you've confirmed they're garbage.

'Almost always' is not enough, notably for players who get good drops, and I am one of those players this League (I am sorry for the rest of you who have not had such luck).

My point is the scenario I speak of in the OP should not even so much have a chance to happen.

Players should therefore not be forced to sacrifice one good drop for another good drop, or of equal value (like I had to do), in the event our inventory is full and we cannot backtrack to get the other drop(s) in any 'do not die' Zana map.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Sep 23, 2018, 11:01:56 PM
"
Fruz wrote:
And since you can choose them, isn't it written before you do ?

For most mission, afaik, you should be able to go out and in, as long as you don't speak to Zana (in the case of a daily mission) after completing the mission.

A minority?? not really.. Half the missions I get are do not die, the other half are timed.. I hate doing timed missions cuz I don't like to be rushed.

On the rare occasion I get a unique map it just says complete the map.
"Don't Tread on Me"
"
Phaeded wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

I'm looking at a Zana daily right now that has 8 missions. Of those 7 are one portal missions. The only choice that is not a one portal mission is a standing stone timed mission to find a unique item. And it's a magic map while all the others are yellow. Also bad for trade leagues.

Clearly each slot is independently rolled. It would be less obnoxious if they limited it to one or two of the mission options but 7 out of 8 shouldn't happen IMO.

7 out of 8 ? for real ?

I haven't tracked any of it actually and I really don't mind one portal missions anyway but .... 7 out of 8 seems to be really a lot, I guess that they might have just increased it, I will check next time.
I don't recall having done that many one portal mission but I could be wrong.
Since jables is saying the same, I might just have overlooked that.

"

Players should therefore not be forced to sacrifice one good drop for another good drop, or of equal value (like I had to do), in the event our inventory is full and we cannot backtrack to get the other drop(s) in a Zana map mission.

Yet another player who knows better than the dev what the game should be like ...
Having one portal does make sense, do you ever read Zana's quest introduction lines ?

"

Does it look like this is my first rodeo playing PoE? Excuse me for countering with a jerk response, but your comment seems to suggest I do not know how to play the game very well.

You might still be picking too much stuff.
If I would comment on your character ( your Delve one notably ), I would not call you an expert on the game either ... but hey, neither am I so ...
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Sep 23, 2018, 11:13:03 PM
"
Fruz wrote:
I'm getting tired of all those players that know better than the dev what the game should be like ...
Having one portal does make sense, do you ever read Zana's quest introduction lines?

Now that think about it, I remember you quite well back in the day, the type of guy I have argued with before in the past who will argue just to argue regardless of how many facts, points, etc. are thrown your way.

So to counteract your point, that 1 portal that makes sense you speak of should not permanently close after a player completes any of Zana's 'do not die' missions, thereby locking players out of their loot (given the scenario explained in my OP). And yea, I do read her quest introduction lines. What is your point there, that I should ignore certain Zana missions because GGG refuses to fix an issue? B.S.

"

Does it look like this is my first rodeo playing PoE? Excuse me for countering with a jerk response, but your comment seems to suggest I do not know how to play the game very well.

"
Fruz wrote:
You might still be picking too much stuff.
If I would comment on your character ( your Delve one notably ), I would not call you an expert on the game either ... but hey, neither am I so...

Bro, unbeknownst to you, I just started playing PoE again after a little over a 1-year hiatus, and considering I had to catch up on a lot of features, etc. that were added to the game, I am actually doing quite well not even 2 weeks in, so I do not want to hear it.

Furthermore, you have no idea how effective my current Delve character is going to be, because he is not geared yet with what I have in mind.

Let's not go around and around in circles here arguing like we have in the past.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Sep 23, 2018, 11:33:28 PM
This is not an issue, therefore nothing needs to be fixed imo.
Her 'reason' for having only one portal does make sense to me, but I understand that you don't like it.

Regarding your character, I know that it's not geared yet, but I find some choices still questionables, that's all.
I was pointing this out because of your reaction when somebody was trying to help, I don't think that there was any bad intention there.
I also do think that you're picking up too much stuff if you have problems with one portal missions because you're carrying too much and it's not once in a blue moon. Zana's mission have usuall 40~50% quality, so not much.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Sep 23, 2018, 11:38:55 PM
"
Fruz wrote:
This is not an issue, therefore nothing needs to be fixed imo.
Her 'reason' for having only one portal does make sense to me, but I understand that you don't like it.

Regarding your character, I know that it's not geared yet, but I find some choices still questionables, that's all.
I was pointing this out because of your reaction when somebody was trying to help, I don't think that there was any bad intention there.
I also do think that you're picking up too much stuff if you have problems with one portal missions because you're carrying too much and it's not once in a blue moon. Zana's mission have usuall 40~50% quality, so not much.

It is not an issue to you only because the scenario I speak of in my OP has obviously not happened to you enough times, but when/if it does at any given point, come back and tell me how not annoying the experience was for you.

To say something is not an issue after reading somebody's in-game experience on the matter in plain English explaining the issue is ignorant. If the scenario I speak of can happen (like it has to me), then yes, it is an issue. Stop arguing otherwise it is not an issue just because it has not happened to you.

P.S. My inventory at the times of running those 'do not die' Zana missions was empty (except 1 time), or close to it, with nothing more than a stack of Portal Scrolls and ID Scrolls.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Sep 23, 2018, 11:53:44 PM
I know the feeling already, I haven't had such 'problem' for a very long time.

You need to judge the opportunity costs in such sitatution, what you should ideally drop and should ideally keep, if you really encounter such situations.
And I don't think that it's a bad thing honestly.
"
Fruz wrote:
I know the feeling already, I haven't had such 'problem' for a very long time.

You need to judge the opportunity costs in such sitatution, what you should ideally drop and should ideally keep, if you really encounter such situations.
And I don't think that it's a bad thing honestly.

Um, no, you troll (because that is what you are, and you have not changed), I am not going to accept playing the 'eeny, meeny, miny, moe' game to pick which drop(s) to sacrifice when it comes to 'do not die' Zana missions. Like I said in the OP, there should not even so much be a chance, no matter how small, for this scenario to happen to anybody.

You tell me you are tired of players who create posts explaining how the game should be. Well guess what? I am tired of players like you who are too 'accepting' to certain issues in PoE so as to take the brunt of those issues shoved where the sun don't shine without caring about it. So let it keep happening? Yea, that makes a lot of sense, unless, you know, you are into that kind of thing, because you refuse to acknowledge issues as issues that should be petitioned.

"
Fruz wrote:
ok

How typical of you when you're out of ammo and you lose a dispute. And no, I do not want a cookie; the point is you do this to yourself every time.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Sep 24, 2018, 12:25:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info