After coming back, here is why I dislike Zana missions these days (and not for predictable reasons)

Update: Parts of the OP's wording has been revised to specify Zana's 'do not die' missions.

We all know running the Master missions at this point is such a boring time sink after so many mechanics and features from Leagues of the past keep getting piled on and piled on to the point this cycle is taking players' time away to actually focus on new League mechanics and features, a time sink that is long overdue for adjustment (perhaps harder missions, less time?).

However, of all the Masters, Zana ticks me off the most.

You go up to Zana, you run her missions, and then when you get inside one of her maps, it says, "Oh, by the way, do not leave the map, ever!" which is completely fine only when a player is in the process of trying to complete her 'do not die' missions, YET I believe only after we complete Zana's 'do not die' missions, we should be able to go back into her maps in the event we have too much in our inventory when want to collect our loot, like we used to be able to do at any time back in the day!

What happened?!

Why are we locked out of our loot in the event our inventory is full after completing 'do not die' Zana missions? The better question is why is the community allowing this to go on? That is insane. Petition! Speak up! There should not even so much be a chance, no matter how small, for this scenario to happen to anybody.

With the above stated in mind, the message in Zana's 'do not die' missions should read "Do not leave the map until after you complete Zana's mission." whereupon completing Zana's 'do not die' missions allow players to leave the map to which 1 permanent portal is summoned to go back and forth in (not 5). Before in the old Zana mission system, players were given 5 chances (5 portals) to complete Zana's maps.

TL;DR: Since the new 'do not die' Zana mission system in place requires players to complete Zana's missions in 1 shot instead of 5 shots (like in the old Zana mission system), that is why only 1 permanent portal should be summoned after players successfully complete her 'do not die' missions so players can backtrack for their loot.

Please do something about this. It is really annoying. Thank you.
HeavyMetalGear
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Sep 23, 2018, 11:10:07 PM
Last bumped on Sep 26, 2018, 10:55:36 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Only certain missions have a single portal, a minority of the missions.
And since you can choose them, isn't it written before you do ?

For most mission, afaik, you should be able to go out and in, as long as you don't speak to Zana (in the case of a daily mission) after completing the mission.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
I don't really care for the one portal Zana's either. They suck for trade leagues for sure. I don't know how many times I've lost a Zana because I forgot it was a one portal thing. Would be nice if there was a warning at least.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
"
Phaeded wrote:
Would be nice if there was a warning at least.

Pretty sure it says it on the side of the screen where map mods, the quest tracker and gem level-ups are shown.

At least it used to be, I haven't played enough to get to maps since Delve started.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Phaeded wrote:

Pretty sure it says it on the side of the screen where map mods, the quest tracker and gem level-ups are shown.

At least it used to be, I haven't played enough to get to maps since Delve started.

I was more referring to something like we have for lab. I don't typically read the map mods before deciding to portal out to make a trade. It would be nice if we got a warning when we're in a Zana that we're about to fail it.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
"
Phaeded wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Phaeded wrote:

I was more referring to something like we have for lab. I don't typically read the map mods before deciding to portal out to make a trade. It would be nice if we got a warning when we're in a Zana that we're about to fail it.

I suppose that would be useful for people with quest tracking disabled. But with quest tracking enabled it's on the screen the entire time you're in the map.

off topic @ Phaeded
Welcome back btw. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
we should be able to go back into her maps in the event we have too much in our inventory when want to collect our loot

Adjust your loot filter, or stop picking up trash.
Unless 5+ 6socket items drop, this really shouldn't be necessary.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
One portal is almost always enough for all the loot that's actually worth picking up. If you run out of space, ID some rares and toss them out once you've confirmed they're garbage.
Thats exactly right. Even in a tier 16 map you'll only need to pick up a small amount of rares. And they are pretty small space-wise too, two handed weapons for example are not picked up at all.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Sep 23, 2018, 4:03:07 PM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Thats exactly right. Even in a tier 16 map you'll only need to pick up a small amount of rares. And they are pretty small space-wise too, two handed weapons for example are not picked up at all.

I pick up 6s weapons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info