[3.7] Sallynátor's Voidforge Cyclone Slayer | Legion Ready

"
How's the crit tree going along? Also, how do you feel about Shroud of the Lightless?

Hello. Crit tree updated, added gear + pastebin for Path Of Build. Well, all pen from Shroud is nice, but you'll loose on lot of phys damage from Loreweave. If you are really interested, I can try it out, and let you know how I feel about it.
"
Sallynátor wrote:
"
How's the crit tree going along? Also, how do you feel about Shroud of the Lightless?

Hello. Crit tree updated, added gear + pastebin for Path Of Build. Well, all pen from Shroud is nice, but you'll loose on lot of phys damage from Loreweave. If you are really interested, I can try it out, and let you know how I feel about it.

I'll check it out! It just seems like a nice alternative to save you a bit of currency until you can afford a 6L Loreweave.
"
"
Sallynátor wrote:
"

I'll check it out! It just seems like a nice alternative to save you a bit of currency until you can afford a 6L Loreweave.

So I did some testing with Shroud. Damage seems fine on clear for T16's, also damage looks similar to Loreweave, because of that Elemental Penetration, in some cases I guess Shroud may be a better option, but you can't forget Shroud is ES/Eva base so it might be harder to color it for RRRGB. Hitting it with 100 Chromes for 3 red doesn't mean you can get rest of the colours you need, and using jeweller's method may eat some jewellers as well to hit that 3rd red socket, if you are being unlucly (I got 3rd red on this Shroud in 140 jew +/-), then I struggled with 5th Color (kept hitting Green instead of Blue), but together I spent like 600 Jewellers (should be still cheaper than Chromes).
Last edited by Sallynátor on Jun 16, 2019, 12:57:51 PM
Voidforge build is not popular right now and i think never be meta, but i wanna share my point of view on it,this is 3.7 Crit STD testing version
i do run on Katarina - Uber Elder - Shaper easy kills but not so fast and deadly like my main 13 mil TS Deadeye, porcupines with hard mod on maps is not a problem ... SO we need some CORE items correlation
+
+
+
this is our phys def 34% to elemental and we got 80% max res
2.Gems sets for def Leap(now 100% stun on full enemy life)+End chance on mele stun --- CWDT+INC DUR+IC up to 73%LESS all dmg for 2 sec
= Cylone with 0 mana (mandatore)
4.WE can use 6-L for auras
that is CORE for my build - you can add some or change , enjoy
P.S Sorry for my english
100lvl mele pvp QUIT
Last edited by Jedi_blr on Jun 17, 2019, 12:00:28 AM
Here's my setup: https://pastebin.com/BH7jxtF6

This is a much more standard sword cyclone setup that's heavily focused on versatility. You can transition into it with any two handed swords, or out of it to starforge by just taking more leech nodes. It doesn't require any crazy gear from the start, if you have voidforge, resistances capped, decent life and some flat phys on jewelry you can easily go to high red maps with it. Loreweave is the high end, i'm still debating if Soul of Steel is good enough if i have it, but 5% phys damage reduction is juicy.

My goal was to essentially do what Jedi_blr did with the elemental reductions, but add fortify effectiveness, replace hatred and precision, and remove the need for gem swapping while playing.

In my opinion hatred is a weak aura right now, and it doesn't help that the multiplier with it when using voidforge is weaker than for a normal two hander. Precision also just hinders our mana, i wouldn't even bother to waste a gem slot for it. I also removed the banner, adrenaline is not enough, i took vaal haste instead - works almost the exact same and %phys on mobs isn't getting wasted.

What i'm running is Blood and Sand to boost aoe, Herald of Purity, Purity of Elements to cap out resistances easier and soon use it for the %reductions, and Aspect of the Spider from a ring. I also don't bother with a blue link gem on cyclone, instead i'm using close combat support (which is actually ignored in PoB right now, but Impact node in slayer has the exact same wording and the damage boost is shown, so i think it's safe to assume that it works in game). I also have wise oak with completely even resistances.

I also recommend getting a Karui jewel and rolling it a bit to get something nice. Right now the one under slayer start that unfortunately doesn't show in pob gives me 5% increased strength, 15% crit multi, 20% inc melee damage and a bunch of life regen. These can roll some crazy stuff like %phys damage taken as ele, fortify effectiveness and more crit.

Last thing to note is accuracy, you don't need Precision to cap it, i think it only causes mana problems if you don't have the ring enchant. You can get cheap rolls on helmets and rings, with decent pathing you can hit 100% with +500 accuracy from items which is easy as hell to get. I'm also using Oskarm to help with it, they are cheap as hell and give a high boost to damage and power charge generation. The high end for this build is using an amulet with +1 curse and corrupting them to have ele weakness on hit too. That will give crazy damage.
Last edited by loanel on Jun 17, 2019, 10:12:34 AM
I upgrade rings and erase mana from all skills, and i add 1 more aura-all my mana used on buffs now )
100lvl mele pvp QUIT
Both of you guys did really good job with your builds. Tomorrow I'll update this build guide with both of your versions, they are really interesting, I really like them. Thanks both of you for your take on this build.
Added new "Spoiler" for Player thoughts, Improvements.
I do 2 versions of this build - add Abyssus for Uber Elder + Shaper fights
got 11 mil dps!!!! 2 deathless runs with cool drop and finally i wanna sell my TS Deadeye... This Build ROX
100lvl mele pvp QUIT
Last edited by Jedi_blr on Jun 21, 2019, 11:27:32 AM
I'm working on a voidforge cyclone (kinda) build myself at the moment, and there is something I'd like share, maybe someone else likes the idea or can improve upon it.

So I'm currently playing a POTCG Cyclone/Vengeace gladiator, and it cruises through content, but kinda found that there is no point throwing more currency at the build, as the benefits would be marginal and it already destorys the available content.

Of course as slayer the double damage on Vengeance from painforged is not there, but unlike the gladiator version, where cyclone is just a way to deliver the Vengeance hits (in comparison), Cyclone would make up a way bigger slice of our total dps.

So I thought I'd make a different approach with Voidforge, as it is:
A) better cyclone weapon than POTCG, makes clearing smoother
B) Scales the gigantic hits of Vengeance very well, and delivers max shocks in the process

The way it works is that we self-proc Vengeance with Eye of Innocence damage (by igniting on crits). This opens up free maxed out Frenzy/Endurance from Charging offensive as well.

It pretty much requires the Vengeance Cooldown Recovery helm enchant to feel smooth.

In the end it is a lot of damage, that costs you the amulet slot and some gem links, but should probably outdps the totem by a good margin. Works on 4 link too if you want to keep the totem (Vengeance - MPD - WED - Pulverise).

A more in depth explanation/guide on how selfproc vengeance works can be found here:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2571121

Not 100% set on slayer as ascendancy yet either, my old Voidforge character used to be a Jugg, because I'm an Abyssusoholic.

Spoiler

:D

Last edited by Zoda_Jones on Aug 7, 2019, 10:26:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info