[3.6] Volatile Dead Mines - A Scold's Bridle Corpse Spawning (CI) Saboteur - All Content Viable

A short update, I found out about this game changer idea in Sequel's Arc Trapper thread where he uses bloodrage and immortal call in cwdt to get a dot and then stop it to proc the Soul of Arakaali pantheon bonus of 50% increased ES recovery.
The problem is that it cannot work in this manner because getting immune to physical damage blocks the mechanics of the build.
But the great news is that you don't need anything to make it work, not being CI anymore makes us vulnerable to the desecrated ground we cast and just by stepping out of it you can trigger the recovery bonus ;)
Not playing anymore - Support and replies on my build thread are discontinued
"
Xanvast wrote:
A short update, I found out about this game changer idea in Sequel's Arc Trapper thread where he uses bloodrage and immortal call in cwdt to get a dot and then stop it to proc the Soul of Arakaali pantheon bonus of 50% increased ES recovery.
The problem is that it cannot work in this manner because getting immune to physical damage blocks the mechanics of the build.
But the great news is that you don't need anything to make it work, not being CI anymore makes us vulnerable to the desecrated ground we cast and just by stepping out of it you can trigger the recovery bonus ;)

Hey Xanavast,
Sorry for answering so late, I was busy the past few days :P

While creating the build I also tried to include the bloodrage + Arakaali interaction, but as you already have mentioned it doesn't really work here.
It would be really awesome if you could make that pantheon work, but i'm pretty sure that your own descecrate doesn't actually hurt you :/.

But thanks anyways for commenting again, im always happy to see someone suggesting improvemts :D

Hey guys!

I am currently streaming this build over at Twitch.tv/Sidefxmayinclde if you would like to see how it performs Early lvs (75atm)
From one build creator to another, awesome work OP! Super fun - Deff has room for upgrades
"
Sidefx06 wrote:
Hey guys!

I am currently streaming this build over at Twitch.tv/Sidefxmayinclde if you would like to see how it performs Early lvs (75atm)
From one build creator to another, awesome work OP! Super fun - Deff has room for upgrades

Hey Sidefx06,

Glad you are enjoying the build, I didn't have time to watch your stream live, but i have checked out some of the VOD.
As you have said yourself, the mana regeneration is one of the main problems to solve with this build, and i would recommend you try the boot enchant that gives you 2% Mana and Life Regeneration if you get hit recently, since scolds birdle self damage counts :).
I was able to counter the mana regeneration by using Lavianga's Spirit until I got the regen I needed...
Obviously, CWDT needs to be 1 for things to trigger.

But I have a hypothetical question: If desecrate and unearth were high levels, wouldn't higher level corpses spawn, and if so, given the HP scaling of higher level corpses, wouldn't that greatly increase the base damage of Volatile dead?

Also I heard a rumor that player damage increases from minion damage granted by Spiritual Aid bonuses the explosion damage of Talents such as Profane Bloom (b/c it's not counted as spell damage increase). Would it also apply to something like volatile dead if it was self cast (and not linked to a mine).

Great build btw I love the creativity!
Last edited by enfo on Dec 1, 2018, 9:21:58 AM
"
blentz wrote:
I was able to counter the mana regeneration by using Lavianga's Spirit until I got the regen I needed...

While it does in theory solve your mana problems, its very suboptimal because Lavianga's Spirit makes your skills cost 0 Mana, which means that we prevent our self damage from scolds Bridle too.

"
enfo wrote:
Obviously, CWDT needs to be 1 for things to trigger.

But I have a hypothetical question: If desecrate and unearth were high levels, wouldn't higher level corpses spawn, and if so, given the HP scaling of higher level corpses, wouldn't that greatly increase the base damage of Volatile dead?

Also I heard a rumor that player damage increases from minion damage granted by Spiritual Aid bonuses the explosion damage of Talents such as Profane Bloom (b/c it's not counted as spell damage increase). Would it also apply to something like volatile dead if it was self cast (and not linked to a mine).

Great build btw I love the creativity!

The damage from Volatile Dead consists of 2 seperate parts. 1. the corpse explosion happens which scales among other things with the corpse level. 2. The ball spawns and does its damage like every other spell, but with no scaling from the corpses.
So yes a higher level CWDT would do more damage, if we stand directy ontop of an enemy so the corpse explosions would hit him. I havn't looked at the exact numbers, but its probably a decent amount of damage one could gain if a lvl 1 CWDT wasn't required.

I belive that the damage you get from Spiritual Aid is general % increased damage (e.g. 30% increased Damage) which would mean that it increased the damage of pretty much everything exept your minons. This damage would then also affect Volatile Dead (including the corpse explosion) with and without it being linked to a mine support.

Hope that answered your questions :)
Hello, is it viable after changelog?)
"
CrazyEmkido wrote:
Hello, is it viable after changelog?)

Yes, nothing changed for this build. :)
Last edited by DerFun on Dec 6, 2018, 9:24:09 PM
Guide updated for 3.5!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info