[3.6] Volatile Dead Mines - A Scold's Bridle Corpse Spawning (CI) Saboteur - All Content Viable

"
9876 wrote:
so ive tried to do this build, spent waaayyy too much sadly, and i cant seem to make it work properly, my gear is similar not 100% the same but i either cant make enough volatile dead like you or i regen/get life way to slow and i die fast... watched the vids n what not and saw your uber atziri and i tried normal atziri(ive done on 2-3 diff builds now successfully 0-1 deaths) yet i got to the second boss and failed horribly... not sure 100% why... can check my characters(borkborkins) for tree and gear, ill try to link it here if i figure out how...

not same amulet just couldnt find any worth grabbing, ive been mostly lvlving gems at blood aquaduct to get the lvls up for bosses

I've found a few things that you probably need to change to make it feel better.
To fix your mana problem you should probably swap your Carnage Heart for an Atziri's Foible amulet. Another helpful thing for your ES and mana problems would be the boot enchant Regenerate X% of Life and Mana per second if you were Hit Recently from merciless or uber lab. An important thing that you have to make sure is that your mines cost at least 126 mana so that your Cast when Damage Taken always activates (and avoid physical mitigation from i.e. Pantheons). To do this you should need a Lv. 17 or higher Volatile Dead gem. Otherwise the mines get only detonated every few casts which delays your damage and regeneration from the ascendancy.

For the exact values of the thresholds you need to hit you can look at the Important Build Mechanics -> Required Items / Thresholds section of the guide.

Hope this helps you to make it work, if i doesn't I can have another look :).
Last edited by DerFun on Sep 24, 2018, 7:17:32 AM
Sorry but can i ask the bandit ?
"
TAAngel wrote:
Sorry but can i ask the bandit ?

You should take Alira for the extra mana regeneration, and of course the crit multi and some resistances. :)
Do you know the math around using fervered mind jewel and dropping links?
"
iunoso wrote:
Do you know the math around using fervered mind jewel and dropping links?

Sorry for answering so late :/.

I did play around with that idea a bit in Path of Building, but the problem for me was that the mana costs were too high with Fevered Mind. It gets really hard to sustain Life/ES and mana itself with it. I haven't put any additional thought into it but you would probably have to get some Reduced Mana cost of Skills somewhere else to lessen the effect of Fevered Mind. Alternatively you could try running the Voidbringer gloves, but you should try it in Path of Building first as i can't guarantee its working.

If you are giving it a try it would be awesome if you could share your results afterwards. :)
Thinking of trying to make this work with an incandescent heart and a brittle barrier
ign: Sklot
One VERY helpful tip I can add for people looking to try this build but cannot afford a 6L beast fur shawl is this:

Grab 1 "Fragile Bloom" jewel, because it makes you take 10% increased damage and gives 2% life regen, which is 5% more dmg taken than a Beast Fur shawl, BUT it also allows you to grab a MUCH cheaper 6Link ES chest for anywhere between 40c to 100c, which is hella cheaper than a 6L BFS.

Otherwise, if you can afford it, stick to the BFS.
"
Hawkly wrote:
One VERY helpful tip I can add for people looking to try this build but cannot afford a 6L beast fur shawl is this:

Grab 1 "Fragile Bloom" jewel, because it makes you take 10% increased damage and gives 2% life regen, which is 5% more dmg taken than a Beast Fur shawl, BUT it also allows you to grab a MUCH cheaper 6Link ES chest for anywhere between 40c to 100c, which is hella cheaper than a 6L BFS.

Otherwise, if you can afford it, stick to the BFS.

40% es recovery rate is still mandatory imo because you only have like 7k~ es with decent gear, minus the cost of the skills and no other layer of defense make you pretty acceptable to spike dmg. maybe just use a fevered mind + 5L BFS or smthing

didnt get the heart of flame cluster yet but damn i meme this one so hard lol

also im testing corrupted blood cant be inflicted on you to drop the bleed flask, seems working ok vs mobs, not sure about boss's bleed
Last edited by weoilikeher on Oct 6, 2018, 7:48:07 AM
"
weoilikeher wrote:

didnt get the heart of flame cluster yet but damn i meme this one so hard lol

also im testing corrupted blood cant be inflicted on you to drop the bleed flask, seems working ok vs mobs, not sure about boss's bleed

Glad you are enjoying it, and thanks for helping out others with this build too. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info