[3.6] Volatile Dead Mines - A Scold's Bridle Corpse Spawning (CI) Saboteur - All Content Viable

Why you need 6l for that mana cost? Just use fevered mind man
This build looks awesome but I wanna suggest changing the name to "Scolatile Dead Miner", I'll see myself out.
Playing this build to close out betrayal league, it was pretty rippy before I got the gear up a bit, but working well enough now. That shaper fight was the best I've had. Insta-phase x3; pretty funny.

Thx for posting it.
Hi, i really would like to try this build as my starter build in synthesis. Cold you provide a leveling guide or early items we could chase for at the start of the league, pls? It seems that I will have a bit of a har time until I get some of these items and i dont know what i should pursue first etc.. My doubts are:

1 - Do i have to build a different path and then respec at some point?

2 - Should i get pursue a 6L fur shaw first or is a good dagger and a tabula enough to carry me to red maps until i get money rolling? Also, what did you prioritize to buy after these two itens?

3 - Is there any content that this build cant do? I mean, my point every league is to get to 36 challenges with a fun build haha.

Thank you very much in advance!
"
Trovarst wrote:
Hi, i really would like to try this build as my starter build in synthesis. Cold you provide a leveling guide or early items we could chase for at the start of the league, pls? It seems that I will have a bit of a har time until I get some of these items and i dont know what i should pursue first etc.. My doubts are:

2 - Should i get pursue a 6L fur shaw first or is a good dagger and a tabula enough to carry me to red maps until i get money rolling? Also, what did you prioritize to buy after these two itens?

3 - Is there any content that this build cant do? I mean, my point every league is to get to 36 challenges with a fun build haha.

Hi, thanks for showing interest in my build :)

First I need to say that i wouldn't recommend this build as a league starter because it has some very specific gear requirements and it won't work until you meet them. If you want to play this build at the beginning of the league you would have to start as another build, for example Life based GC mines (assuming they are still good after the nerf ;) ) and do a respec when you have enough of the gear you need.

For the items you want first you should look at the Important build mechanics section.
The TLDR version is: You need high enough mana costs (thats what the 6 link Was for), a good amount of ES and ES regen, and enough mana regen.
BUT since they "buffed" Volatile Deads mana cost we have to change the build a little to have high enough mana costs again. Its probably viable now (need to test it) to play on a 5-link with a Fevered Mind jewel.
With a 6 link the mana costs with that jewel would get to high i think, so i would rather use Voidbringer gloves with a low roll on "increased mana cost of skills".

I made this build in Delve league and managed to cleared everything deathless with it, but not everything on first try ;). (I didn't get to try Aul, but i assume that would be no problem either). The build has insane damage output and regen, but a rather low amount of energy shield (i had about 6.3k i think), wich will probably be more in synthesis due to the ES buffs so you only have to avoid really big hits. Also VD has really high auto target range so you dont need to get close to many enemies to kill them.

I will probably update the guide tomorrow for synthesis league, but the most important changes are only the now lower mana costs.

I Hope I could help you :)

"
DerFun wrote:
"
Trovarst wrote:

Hi, thanks for showing interest in my build :)

First I need to say that i wouldn't recommend this build as a league starter because it has some very specific gear requirements and it won't work until you meet them. If you want to play this build at the beginning of the league you would have to start as another build, for example Life based GC mines (assuming they are still good after the nerf ;) ) and do a respec when you have enough of the gear you need.

For the items you want first you should look at the Important build mechanics section.
The TLDR version is: You need high enough mana costs (thats what the 6 link Was for), a good amount of ES and ES regen, and enough mana regen.
BUT since they "buffed" Volatile Deads mana cost we have to change the build a little to have high enough mana costs again. Its probably viable now (need to test it) to play on a 5-link with a Fevered Mind jewel.
With a 6 link the mana costs with that jewel would get to high i think, so i would rather use Voidbringer gloves with a low roll on "increased mana cost of skills".

I made this build in Delve league and managed to cleared everything deathless with it, but not everything on first try ;). (I didn't get to try Aul, but i assume that would be no problem either). The build has insane damage output and regen, but a rather low amount of energy shield (i had about 6.3k i think), wich will probably be more in synthesis due to the ES buffs so you only have to avoid really big hits. Also VD has really high auto target range so you dont need to get close to many enemies to kill them.

I will probably update the guide tomorrow for synthesis league, but the most important changes are only the now lower mana costs.

I Hope I could help you :)

This Helps a lot! I will start as a classic gc miner and then respec at some point, anyways thank you very much for this build, it looks really interesting and i will definitely play it this league.
This indeed a great build. Played it last leauge and fell in love with it. From the beginning (I had a tabula then) I played with flametraps or flame spell with trap support (don't remember) and Volitile Dead as a secondary. As I reaced the lvl for scold's bridle I immediatly equiped it and formed my build around it. To compensate for the auto trigger I used Fragile Bloom jewel and got it to missfire some but after some lvls it started, and it was glorys! When I got it somewhat stable and died alot to chaos bombardments I switched to CI and switched to a rare 6L ES armor. Then it started to take off wrecking havoc in the places I went. Later when I got scraped some currency I got the 6L Beast Fur Shawl and got rid of the Fragile Bloom jewel. Vaal Dicipline is a god send for emergency ES. In the end I didn't get any better then the Divinarius dagger and I didn't the Elder ring for the spell buff, had an eye on the ring on poe trade but the player was not online when I was checkig :( In case of missfire it's good you can detonate mines manually even it's linked with CWDT.

TL;DR Awesome build, can do as a starter but it can be HELL until you get a tabula and a Fragile Bloom jewel. Gona start with this build this leauge.

EDIT: Add, typo.
Last edited by n00bl0r14n on Mar 8, 2019, 11:11:13 AM
What is the best helmet enchant for this build ?
(🌸°__°)
Mirror service thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1743892
Is there any chance you could update the passive tree before you finnish the full 3.6 guids update? pretty please with sugar on the top?
"
Chale90 wrote:
Is there any chance you could update the passive tree before you finnish the full 3.6 guids update? pretty please with sugar on the top?

Hi :)

Sorry i have been a bit lazy with updating the build.
I will update the Passive Tree today or tomorrow, But it hasn't changed that much. The new ES nodes (not Leech!) should help a good bit to get a decent amount of ES. I would probably skip the heart of the flame Wheel to get the new ES nodes and maybe some extra mana nodes if needed since the mana regen required increased.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info