Delve Costing Changes

In light of all the negative feedback, you're STILL sticking to forcing sulphite into the game? How delusional are you guys?
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Chris, you misunderstood the crux of the problem. Players just want MORE delve and less old content. 25% increase is too small. We need at least a 100% increase.

Possible solution: white maps have 1 spot of sulfite, yellow - 2, red - 3. Stable.
"
Deonbekende wrote:
And please let our reroll get the same delve lvl than our main ... Having to do all the delve back again from the start stop me from trying other build.
?????????????
sounds great, love the way to play 5 maps and do 5 delves then
"
Ashriel wrote:
In light of all the negative feedback, you're STILL sticking to forcing sulphite into the game? How delusional are you guys?
hm. lets let people do t16 map equivalents for free. nothing can possibly go wrong there. we might as well delete the entire map system at that point.
A 25% increase is paltry and a pathetic way of attempting to save face in this situation. Sulphite has got to go. Completely.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
"
brownies wrote:
"
Ashriel wrote:
hm. lets let people do t16 map equivalents for free. nothing can possibly go wrong there. we might as well delete the entire map system at that point.

Whether or not is costs sulphite, people can delve at T16 levels without doing equivalent maps. It's just as much a chore as it is if you're actually doing T16 maps to get the sulphite.

Sounds like your issue is with Delve existing at all.
"
Ashriel wrote:
"
brownies wrote:
"
Ashriel wrote:

Whether or not is costs sulphite, people can delve at T16 levels without doing equivalent maps. It's just as much a chore as it is if you're actually doing T16 maps to get the sulphite.

Sounds like your issue is with Delve existing at all.

Not really. It's more that people don't understand that in a system involving an economy, you cannot give away the most rewarding content for low to no opportunity cost. There *HAS* to be either a time or currency investment or both, else the entire system collapses.

I knew people were full of shit when I read the first complaints about the patch on reddit and here, now i finally know for sure. Logged in, did plenty of maps (at t16 AND at mid levels, just to check), and even at average quantity levels (like 50-60% which is nothing), 1 node in a map gives like 150% of what you need to do 1 node at the EQUIVALENT monster level in the delve.

This means that on maps with good quant (like 100++) and with multiple node spawns you will get multiple delve nodes at the EQUIVALENT monster level (!!!) out of the map.

Which is much more efficient than before (at all map tiers), and even more insane for map sustain. Did 1 city biome at 300, got 3 T16 maps and a bunch of other red maps.

I have to ask myself whether we're playing the same game sometimes when i read these complaints.

Also, this patch never promised to replace maps with delves, so that complaint is just utterly mind-boggling. It did exactly what it was supposed to do - make Quarry grinding inefficient, which is good. Because running outdated content is trash.
OK, my last post was a bit emotional but ill explain my thoughts on the current leaguestate:

Many people had hopes for delves being an addition to mapping, and it is. But it just seems too grindy at this point.

The challenge would be awesome... how far can you push yourself in the mine, how far can your build get?

But that feels almost impossible to find out, because you have to grind maps like 6h a day to even dig to those places. I just cant take that brainless grind anymore...

The only thing that could happen now would be a MIRACLE and they just say: "You wanna delve???? OK, 100% suphite increase, straightup. We reevaluate the costs after this league."

I feel like thats what most hardcore players would want, and by that I mean the more experienced/more serious players.

Players would be pumped... LETS DIG! But no, its back to massgrinding maps again and inch yourself forward.

Especially at this point in the league, where ppl already grinded through like 500+ maps and have reached lvl 90+!
i just want to say the speed with which you guys are handling this is incredible. Excellent job and my heart hopes this will be good enough for the majority of the playerbase (i know it will for me) as I really do want other developers to look at your actions and try to emulate that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info