Delve Costing Changes

"
PsOfOs wrote:
Spoiler
"
Synopse wrote:
Delve is designed to play it yourway, but as much as I understand complaints, here are some suggestions to deal with delve.

If you think, your delve is too expensive, delve more shallow. Playing one tier higher almost double your delves.

If you think, flares are garbage, train to use them at a depth where you have 75% darkness resistance. It is worth the training and you will find nice things as well.

If you think, darkness is too rippy, try to get your light radius to 150% and your darkness resistance to 75%. If you have some eHP regi, it will play like ease.

If you think that Delve should be accessable without mapping, you maybe should wait for 4.0 to get new content beside Atlas eventually.

Actually, GGG buffed delving at white and yellow tiers in terms of sulphite costs/gather ratio. Only delving deeper than you can map will cause stavation of your progress and IMHO, this is perfectly correct by design.
All those complaining about sulphite hoping that it will be removed are about to destroy a great league because of their inability to accept that every league content always has been gated by maps.

Every league content has been gated by maps?
Boy,you must be new to this game.
So your solution is to not progress deeper to the league content,but remain let's say equal to tier 5 maps delving.
That way the problem of high tier maps not droping sufficiently resulting to people not having enough sulphite to delve deeper for more than 10 minutes per hour is solved.
Great thinking,i'm sure the majority of the players enjoys a league they cannot experience for more than 10% of playing time.
My proposal is to play this game at the tier you can handle and have fun. If you want to push further don't blame that everything is getting grindy and gated.
You are right that my statement on league content gated by maps is not 100% true. If you want to play at shallow level and don't care about challenging league content like bosses, you can ignore maps and access league content from the campaign, but seriously is this the league or just a preview on what is gated by maps?
GGG is somehow obsessed by gating content behind RNG based grind. Maybe it is because their companies name? It never have been different, but it never was that obvious like in Delve. This is not necessarily a good approach but exactly what GGG is selling all over the years.
Maybe it is time for a change. I love changes to the better. GGG has a big chance to renew PoE with upcomming 4.0. Let's see how things will go.
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
Last edited by Synopse on Sep 25, 2018, 1:22:32 PM
"
Synopse wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:
Spoiler
"
Synopse wrote:
Delve is designed to play it yourway, but as much as I understand complaints, here are some suggestions to deal with delve.

If you think, your delve is too expensive, delve more shallow. Playing one tier higher almost double your delves.

If you think, flares are garbage, train to use them at a depth where you have 75% darkness resistance. It is worth the training and you will find nice things as well.

If you think, darkness is too rippy, try to get your light radius to 150% and your darkness resistance to 75%. If you have some eHP regi, it will play like ease.

If you think that Delve should be accessable without mapping, you maybe should wait for 4.0 to get new content beside Atlas eventually.

Actually, GGG buffed delving at white and yellow tiers in terms of sulphite costs/gather ratio. Only delving deeper than you can map will cause stavation of your progress and IMHO, this is perfectly correct by design.
All those complaining about sulphite hoping that it will be removed are about to destroy a great league because of their inability to accept that every league content always has been gated by maps.

Every league content has been gated by maps?
Boy,you must be new to this game.
So your solution is to not progress deeper to the league content,but remain let's say equal to tier 5 maps delving.
That way the problem of high tier maps not droping sufficiently resulting to people not having enough sulphite to delve deeper for more than 10 minutes per hour is solved.
Great thinking,i'm sure the majority of the players enjoys a league they cannot experience for more than 10% of playing time.
My proposal is to play this game at the tier you can handle and have fun. If you want to push further don't blame that everything is getting grindy and gated.
You are right that my statement on league content gated by maps is not 100% true. If you want to play at shallow level and don't care about challenging league content like bosses, you can ignore maps and access league content from the campaign, but seriously is this the league or just a preview on what is gated by maps?
GGG is somehow obsessed by gating content behind RNG based grind. Maybe it is because their companies name? It never have been different, but it never was that obvious like in Delve. This is not necessarily a good approach but exactly what GGG is selling all over the years.
Maybe it is time for a change. I love changes to the better. GGG has a big chance to renew PoE with upcomming 4.0. Let's see how things will go.

The problem is that gating league content behind already gated main game content(high tier maps) is silly as decision,except if game developers do not care for semi-casual players like myself these days.
For example my character can handle t15+ maps but the damn things won't drop. Since they cannot drop,i cannot delve for more than 5 minutes at a time before i have to grind t8-9 maps which are not challenging at all,so not fun at all.
I will not comment on your advice to enjoy the campaign...
League difficulty should be based on hard encounters,deadly mobs and so on.
Of course players who dedicate themselves on grinding hard should be rewarded extra by drops from uber bosses or heavy grinds.
Raising the cost of sulphite 10 times without increasing the drop rates of high tier maps which give more sulphite,is a nerf to the number of players that can enjoy the league's content.
Maybe this is their plan,i don't know.
Maybe you agree with this "only the worthy traders and people with 6 hours a day can enjoy the league's content".
The result is players quitting the league and for one more time,hoping for a better POE 7.3 or whatever.
Power creep has bad results in video games,everytime. When strong pieces of gear can be owned by anyone in 2 days of trading,you gate the actual content of the game. Make gear harder to get,content more easily available.
That is my suggestion.
"
PsOfOs wrote:

Raising the cost of sulphite 10 times without increasing the drop rates of high tier maps which give more sulphite,is a nerf to the number of players that can enjoy the league's content.

This sentence nailed it, and is the core of the issue. It's literally a "player exclusivity" patch.
"
PsOfOs wrote:
The problem is that gating league content behind already gated main game content(high tier maps) is silly as decision,except if game developers do not care for semi-casual players like myself these days.
For example my character can handle t15+ maps but the damn things won't drop. Since they cannot drop,i cannot delve for more than 5 minutes at a time before i have to grind t8-9 maps which are not challenging at all,so not fun at all.
I will not comment on your advice to enjoy the campaign...
League difficulty should be based on hard encounters,deadly mobs and so on.
Of course players who dedicate themselves on grinding hard should be rewarded extra by drops from uber bosses or heavy grinds.
Maybe this is their plan,i don't know.
Maybe you agree with this "only the worthy traders and people with 6 hours a day can enjoy the league's content".
The result is players quitting the league and for one more time,hoping for a better POE 7.3 or whatever.
Power creep has bad results in video games,everytime. When strong pieces of gear can be owned by anyone in 2 days of trading,you gate the actual content of the game. Make gear harder to get,content more easily available.
That is my suggestion.
I have the same feeling and I think that you nailed the key issues, but GGG is not willing or able to provide it in a way ballanced the way you propose.
They like to make crazy stuff possible and put you in front of a wall of grind which you can't pass even with the craziest shit. This is a strange approach and I wish they would do it differently but the ain't.
Therefor, my approach is to arange with GGG's way till there is any ARPG that can do better. I give up to convince GGG that they are 'wrong'. I think they do it their way anyway, nothing more and nothing less.
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
Last edited by Synopse on Sep 25, 2018, 4:20:24 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Iznuts wrote:
If you don't like doing maps then its probably time to take a break and find something else to play.

or maybe time for GGG to crawl out of their autistic windowlicking session and realise if they add exciting new endgame content that they can actually keep large parts of their player base who will otherwise do just that, leave the fking game and take their future supporter money with them?

It's not that i dont like running maps, but if i really wanted to spend a few hrs chaining maps id be doing it in standard. theres a reason this league is called delve, not atlas 2.0
you must mapping for 2 hours to be able to delve for 15 mins - GGG new league LOGIC SYSTEM IMPLEMENTED - RIP.

I'm not playing standard, i'm playing from time to time in new leagues.
SO can I enjoy NEW LEAGUE CONTENT GGG!?

What the f is wrong with you people!?

GL HF
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Gear now drops like candy, the idea of having gear as a reward has become a joke, items that used to be many exalts are now worth 1 chaos each on the market thanks to insanely buffed drop rates.

No, the problem is in the market combined with build diversity, not in drop rates. Drop rates are shit. But when you get item which you'll never use, you sell it. If supply is greater than demand, prices drop. Buit if you want to find specific item (you know, like in ARPGs), chances are that you'll never do.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Iznuts wrote:
If you don't like doing maps then its probably time to take a break and find something else to play.

or maybe time for GGG to crawl out of their autistic windowlicking session and realise if they add exciting new endgame content that they can actually keep large parts of their player base who will otherwise do just that, leave the fking game and take their future supporter money with them?

You know, it would be good to be actually able to take not only future supporter money, but past one too. Because supporter money are supposed to be used to make the game better, not worse.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
Last edited by Oblitus on Sep 26, 2018, 6:32:22 AM
Hello,

i am a filthy casual myself, with 4k hours over the years, never did uber atziri or uber elder, shaper i won 2 times i guess.

My idea of what ggg wants is: full perties. Thats a gain in the droprate, and with some aura bots, you can survive the more rare maps, which leads to more map drops. alone i never could sustain t13+
so, my conclusion is lots of casual get excluded because of the different playing styles, most of the time the elite has the 200 movementspeed build, some headhunter belt (they want alot of rares in the very rare map) and also this kind of guys seeks currency only most of the time. By having the cool currency, they buy all the better stuff, and leave it very expensive, unreachable, for casuals. But thats not the big problem, the problem i see is: ppl with worse pc's cant run in big parties, they lagg to death.

"
eternalbeta wrote:
Since it seems like GGG actually takes the time to read a lot of responses, I'll go ahead and make one myself.

I've never been one to push end-game content because I've never liked the system of sustaining maps. I have close to 750 hours in the game and have never even killed Shaper. And you know what? I don't really have a desire to. I say this to say that people enjoy the game a lot of different ways. When Delve was first released, I was hooked. I made it into the 80s with two characters barely touching maps and was loving it.

However, after this recent patch I would have to agree with many other posters that if now suddenly feels like GGG is gating what many see as alternate post-story content behind existing post-story content. Like with maps, I have little desire to go deeper than 100-150 depth, but with current rates I need to run 2 maps of equal level for 1 short delve. It sounds like this next patch will make this even worse. It seems like people who are not pushing top tier content are being punished for wanting to play the game the way they enjoy it.

Also, call me crazy, but infinite mining of sulphite in a zone called Quarry kind of thematically made sense to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info