[3.6] Angry Walrus | CI Aegis Aurora 60-100k Armor | Super Tank

Its pretty easy to get a 100k tooltip for bladefall or ek.

With just 500 stacks of violent retaliation(when you end at the node it takes less than 30 seconds for you to reach this) this would scale the damage to 4 million.

Can you explain how the bladefall/EK tests you performed, didnt work out well? Was this 3.6 before the buff?

Thanks. Nice build!
Last edited by AdamSanders on Mar 20, 2019, 10:14:19 AM
"
AdamSanders wrote:

Can you explain how the bladefall/EK tests you performed, didnt work out well? Was this 3.6 before the buff?

Well, I ran a GC and blade vortex test in 3.4, so quite a bit might have changed since then. I didn't do a bladefall/EK test. Though, with all the new changes, it might be worth it to check it out now.

Originally, the issue was that a lot of delving stuff had on death effects that would just explode on the screen and I'd suddenly lose like two-thirds of my health when I killed everything, after block/charging up my damage.

This isn't a problem for some people because they can move out of the way of death effects, but sometimes my computer has bad lag. So it was not really the safe afk build I wanted it to be.

This never happened when I used SR, because I killed things slowly, so I only got hit by one or two death explosions at a time.

And when it came to mapping and bossing. The GC and BV damage wasn't all that great, because you need a lot of stacks to ramp up the damage.

Most of the time that wasn't really possible because the boss didn't really spawn enough adds to give you enough blocking. And when it came to mapping it felt bad because you had to wait a bit to charge up your damage so things took longer than I was comfortable with.

In the end, I ended up sticking with SR just because it felt alright when killing things and I could do any combination of map mods with it, including elemental reflect, no leech, no regen, physical reflect.

Basically, a cancerous impossible map that most people just give-up on. I could run it just fine. And I figured well why not just have the character run delve, and do all the crazy map mods, too.

"
AdamSanders wrote:
Thanks. Nice build!

Thanks!
(⌐■_■)
Wow I did not realize you are the same guy that did the initial Aegis Aurora guardian builds !!

I love Aegis Aurora and i really appreciate your builds! I mostly play standard and I have a mana guardian with prenerf Aegis Aurora and reckless defences jewels which is inspired by your initial build and still rocks.

I think the mana guardian version can still be played in league with the recent buffs to the skill tree.

I took my skill tree and gear from standard and replaced with 3.6 Aegis Aurora and 3.6 Reckless defences jewels: https://pastebin.com/igcddnDi

~12.4k ES with 2.7k ES Regen
~58K Armor
73%/66% block
81/85/80 elemental res

~414k SR DPS
~594k SR DPS (with RF)
Last edited by CatStevensCH on Mar 26, 2019, 2:31:41 PM
"
CatStevensCH wrote:
Wow I did not realize you are the same guy that did the initial Aegis Aurora guardian builds !!

I love Aegis Aurora and i really appreciate your builds! I mostly play standard and I have a mana guardian with prenerf Aegis Aurora and reckless defences jewels which is inspired by your initial build and still rocks.

I think the mana guardian version can still be played in league with the recent buffs to the skill tree.

I took my skill tree and gear from standard and replaced with 3.6 Aegis Aurora and 3.6 Reckless defences jewels: https://pastebin.com/igcddnDi

~12.4k ES with 2.7k ES Regen
~58K Armor
73%/66% block
81/85/80 elemental res

~414k SR DPS
~594k SR DPS (with RF)

Well, that's a pleasant surprise. I've always liked how most of the items are uniques. It really helps lower the price, when it comes to gearing.

You know what, if I have the time this league. I'll see if I can work on reviving that old build. I really miss that old Aegis Guardian.
(⌐■_■)
I've been tinkering with an aegis build for the last month or 2 and I figured I'd share it.

https://pastebin.com/6j3cgKpu

It has
~10k ES
~82/82 block
~60k armour
~500k shaper dps with decent clearspeed in maps as well (and ~750k regular dps)

A couple things I realized while I was going through the iterations of this build:

1) Memory vault is amazing if you're going mana guardian, but if you can sqeeze grace and IR in they will outperform it

2)HoAG feels a lot better to use, especially in maps, than SR or abusing violent retaliation. I use cyclone because I like the way it feels, but it can easily be swapped out for a ranged skill to apply the poisons.

halleluja!
if melee gets a noice makeover in 3.7 and i switch from Life HoAg Glad to some hipster Aegis build i always wanted to try, Corruption Altar prepaired me
too bad you didn't divine it to the new values of ES and armour :((

sorry but rip
"
KalidhoS wrote:
too bad you didn't divine it to the new values of ES and armour :((

sorry but rip

but that'd rip the legacy 4% ES on block...xd

nooooo
(⌐■_■)
This is an Awesome Build as I am now Level 70 with GG gear, but not finding anything on the Ascendancy for Lab other than Gladiator. Where do you allocate these points at for the build ??

DUHH, found it at the bottom of the POB. Thx again for the build.
Last edited by gimlik1985 on May 21, 2019, 3:50:20 PM
No update ?
This build seems great for 3.7 however! ... :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info