[3.6] Angry Walrus | CI Aegis Aurora 60-100k Armor | Super Tank

Hi, I want to talk about my version of this build. I use blade flurry CwC Bladefall and i think it's the best use of our dmg buff. With this I don't have mana problem and with CwC my cast speed is 2xfaster than normal. I'm 84 lvl for now and i feel like a tanky god :D If you can check my build and tell my something usefull I'll be very grateful.

It's my gear

https://pastebin.com/uBCs9354

I use also Watcher's Eye with extra block and +ES when hit

Thanks for help and I just want to show what have I done :)
Last edited by Iselor008 on Oct 20, 2018, 12:55:55 PM
"
JuhlDk wrote:
Hi There.
Can we maybe switch from SR to Agony is really insane. for leveling right now
I link Agony with pierce-Minion Speed-Minon Damage-Vicious-Damage on Full life
maybe use Wasp net for the poison
maybe this help
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039
is mana a problem we could use Soul taker

Well, I'm worried about ES sustain and costs, but I guess I could make something work with the agony crawler. I'll have to mull about the skill-tree though for a few days, to see what synergies best.

I'll have to buy another 6-link...and that 5 ex watcher's jewel...for ES on Hit to playtest. I can already feel myself getting poorer...

"
https://pastebin.com/uBCs9354

I use also Watcher's Eye with extra block and +ES when hit

Thanks for help and I just want to show what have I done :)

Cool! I'll definitely check it out. Just give me a moment.
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by RPGlitch on Oct 20, 2018, 4:24:27 PM
"
Iselor008 wrote:
Hi, I want to talk about my version of this build. I use blade flurry CwC Bladefall and i think it's the best use of our dmg buff.

Okay. I got a good look now.

5-6k ES is pretty low.

You should make some minor adjustments. We wouldn't use the Energy Within Jewel. ES Abyssal Jewels gives more stats, and defense and we can save a lot of skill points rather than doing a HP to ES conversion.

Ideally, you want Abyss jewels with +45 ES and some extra modifier like resistance or armor. I'd remove all the 6% energy shield nodes, and "Life and Energy Shield" nodes. And put all those points into getting more jewel slots.

You'll end up with a higher ES value overall.

I have a lot of opinions on your gear, but you seem to have done something odd with it. I'd say if you feel good about your tankiness just take my ramblings with a grain of salt.

Your using Skin of the Loyal to increase your dps. I'd opt for higher ES values so you don't get one shot, so I'd prefer Geofri's or Incandenscent Heart. Both will increase your ES values by 500 or more by itself.

Incandescent Heart also has the added bonus of an extra 25% reduced Elemental Damages from Hits. So, it's like an extra fortify on the build vs elemental damage.

Originally, the build uses STR stacking through Shaper's Glove and Astramentis to gain a high value of ES, even without a watcher's eye. The skill tree you have went all dex, so it kinda voids most of the benefit of the Shaper's Glove.

This is okay, if you don't mind losing 2-3k ES or if you are using an 18% extra ES Watcher's Eye, but I find most of the time, I want more ES then less. This trickles down to most of the gear choices you have, rings, belts with extra STR would give more ES for you if you went a STR route.

As for damage, the damage for Blade Flurry CWC Bladefall, is okay. I did some checks based on some earlier shenanigans I did and it'll be fine for yellow and red tier mapping. But for red tier bosses it should feel abysmal. Not sure how to fix it.

Might have to use a different non-cwc bossing skill or maybe switch to a HoWA hybrid to make use of the extra dex. I can't tell without doing some experiments.

The ES sustain should be good though, with all the stuff flying everywhere from BF and Blade Fall.
(⌐■_■)
Thanks for your answer and advices. I'll try change my tree for more jewel slots. Skin of the loyal give me more armour but you have right that my ES can be 500 points higher with Incandescent Heart. I feel extra ele-mitigation can be useful on Phoenix for example.

"
RPGlitch wrote:
5-6k ES is pretty low.

I have 7,5k ES now with discipline and also 40k armour. I feel really tanky with this. But still dps on single target without small mobs is painful but at least i can tank them. If boss have minions it's only matter of good stacking.
Hi, Great build!!! thanks for sharing. I reached Depth 600 today, most of the encounters was easily and safely. very suitable for the Delve league. It also helped me a lot to farm HoGM in an efficient way.

Depth 600: https://imgur.com/a/MXzVT0S

This was my final setup.

PoB:
https://pastebin.com/ZUFh2aLm

8,000 ES
60k-100k ARMOUR
81% to Fire
86% to Cold
82% To Lightning

Dangerous mods:
104% extra damage as Fire
104% extra damage as Cold
104% extra damage as Lightning
-12 elemental resistances

Hardest enemies:
Deadly Turong (The one shot guy)
Hello again, remade the build in HC but also...

I tried HoGM in standard with the suggested lvl 92 tree, there are 2 exiles with scorching ray (one using totems) that absolutely MELTS me before I can even attack them, like 6k ES goes away in less than 0.5 seconds (so having 10k would not change that I'm afraid)

What's the approach? Like, spot them in the crowd, prepare for them surrounding yourself with other exiles to regen from their hits, and hope to melte that particular exile before he melts you?

Absolutely out of options here, please help! x(
"
KalidhoS wrote:
Hello again, remade the build in HC but also...

I tried HoGM in standard with the suggested lvl 92 tree, there are 2 exiles with scorching ray (one using totems) that absolutely MELTS me before I can even attack them, like 6k ES goes away in less than 0.5 seconds (so having 10k would not change that I'm afraid)

I'm not exactly sure with what's going on there. I've never really had problems with HOGM before.

I guess just going down the checklist.

You should have 130 ele resistance in case of Elemental Equilibruim. Through flasks or your own gear. And you should be popping curse removal flask so you don't get ele weakness.

If you are using flask. Just keep an eye on your flask duration cause EE makes a -50 resistance. And that's pretty much game over.

Your block should be around 60+ because blocking is the only way you avoid death. I'd swap out the sword for advancing fortress. And I'd get myself a couple of reckless defence jewels to up my chances.

And lastly you should also have around 8k ES so if Danzig appears you don't get two shot because that guy can wipe out 15k HP in 2 seconds. But other then that. You should be golden.

(⌐■_■)
How 3.5 change this build?Still viable?
wanna know the same is it stil working?
working, working:)
https://pastebin.com/wJjPErCy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info