Would you pay for proper content? or Sulphite-be-gone: how to

"
LMTR14 wrote:
many people here (esp. the fanboys) pay (=donate) for cosmetic mtx which have no game play effect, and in fact poe's entire business model is based on that baffling concept - which is as we can see with delve league affecting development cycles HARD and leads to a slew of problems, missed opportunities and bugs.

so, would you pay instead for proper content?

how about a business model where

a)
permanent modes have the core gameplay and regular events like flashback stuff and challenges, competitions etc that use existing assets but keep things fresh (some of these things might as well start you off on a new char in a new "economy" if that's your thing)

and

b)
premium paid temp leagues that feature expansion-sized new assets (size must be at least equal to masters combined with vaal) some or all components of which go to core later (that part doesn't change). things like that were called an "add-on" in the good old days of gaming.

the advantage of that model is that the massive income from the paid expansion leagues 1) allows for proper conception, implementation and testing and proper content expanding the depth of the gameplay by adding new layers of complexity instead of recycling the same old dumb "different buff over the monsters' heads" shtick and 2) takes away the pressure of ggg having to resort to cheap tactics like slowing the (casual and new) players down with limiters like sulphite in order to frustrate them with a lack of progress and make them start new characters in order to sell more skill mtx and stash tabs. a paid delve would not have any need for sulphite but could indeed for once put the focus on enjoyable gameplay instead of frustrating grind.

in my view, paid leagues would put the entire game on a new level if implemented properly.

tldr: people complain about lack of testing and the implementation or even existence of sulphite. this is how to satisfy them.

Short answer: GGG business model work better than the model i just read :)
Money doesn't solve all issues that's a missconception - it's often ( almost always ) about work routines mostly and agenda issues ( and unexpected events that pop once product is in production ).

Edit: Also consider that a large part of players came here because it was free.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Sep 20, 2018, 2:02:27 PM
"
LMTR14 wrote:
"
Laskinaama wrote:
Sounds stupid and harmfull. Adding paid content to free to play game? Seriously? Sounds like it could be extremely harmfull to the game and its playerbase.

you pay to get it earlier. that is a very common business model. but yeah, this is the poe community, what was I thinking, of course what I said is "stupid"

and there's a whole world of difference between TRYING to make a working game without bugs and limiting factors like sulphite and map sustaining and what ggg does right now. and great game to cherry-pick some random detail to complain and outright ignore the general idea

but this thread has really done it, last time I made a constructive suggestion of any sort in this toxic place. keep playing your brainless bullshit, for me this is the last char I'll ever make as with people like you ggg couldn't improve the game even if they wanted to

You suggest that GGG totally changes their business model and fuck over their old clients By making the most played content (Leagues/expansions) paid content. It is moronic. Expecially when we know that these features rarely make it to the core game fully.
Im sorry if i sound toxic but im just stating the truth.
Also paying to get content earlier is allmost as cancerous business model as p2w. Fuck that.

Btw great league. One of the most entertaining and fun leagues to the date. And ggg does some nice improments with the updates.
Its just the same forum whiners whining away every league about something. Some people just are miserable if they dont have something to whine about...
Last edited by Laskinaama on Sep 20, 2018, 3:02:48 PM
No.
I'd pay for a game that didn't hide massive amounts of content behind RNG.
I'd pay to participate in a league that had other people who paid to play there, but on the condition that it had NO new content and a similar league was offered to those who didn't pay.

As soon as they were to keep content from people who didn't pay, I'd move on to other games. They would have violated their own ruleset, and who would play a game run by people who couldn't play by their own rules?
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Sep 20, 2018, 4:57:40 PM
"
DTD_Hiro wrote:
I'd pay for a game that didn't hide massive amounts of content behind RNG.

THAT! Surprises me that so few seem to look at the bigger picture, but they're probably not aware of the rng layers.
Yep, totally over league play.
People pay a ton of money for fashionable attire so I'd like to criticize your comment about PoE's MTX-based "bad" business model.

OT: I think the game is very well-done and I'd quit if I had to pay for exclusive leagues. Freemium games are generally bad and give off the wrong kind of whaling vibe. $30 for a cool back attachment? Deal. $30 or $60 at the start of a league for some extra MTXs to support the league development? Awesome!

$30/month so that I can experience the challenge leagues? Go fuck yourselves; I'll play some other game.

**Edit to include supporter packs (which I typically buy).
Last edited by SolarLynian on Sep 20, 2018, 7:25:29 PM
What people don't understand, the leagues are more a testing ground. For them decide if it goes core. XD
The fuck you say! Just no. I detest all games that are pay-to-win. Having a game where you can throw money at the devs and buy your way to the top is wrong on so many levels (primarily fuck the rich assholes that think they're better that everyone because of their wealth) so if GGG made for premium content of any items then that would be the end for my playing.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Yeah great idea because games with paid for content never have bugs in...

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Deliver pain exquisite

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info