[3.8] Scourge Arrow Ignite prolif Elementalist 🏹 Melt the Atlas on a budget, 1M+ Shaper Ignite DPS

I've noticed that same collision problem, particularly with doorways.
Hey, I've been running a trickster CI version of this build as my league starter, so I thought I'd chime in with some feedback and advice after playing it.

Leveling is alright, scourge arrow is a really good leveling skill, but the build hit a significant snag around early mapping, mainly due to the fact that stormfire, hyrri's ire and hopeshredder are all pretty expensive in the first few days, so crucial gear is hard to come by. This is mostly gone by day 5-6, at which point you can get all 3 for less than 50c combined.

After that, as soon as I had all the required gear, a 5l and some levels(85), the build really took off. It had no problem with high red maps, and killed uber atziri with 3 deaths, still on a measly 2-3 exalt budget.

Later, with investment, the biggest upgrades to the build were good jewels and jewelry, a watcher's eye with the ignite mod on malevolence and switching wrath to malevolence after getting said jewel. Another huge DPS upgrade was using scorching ray on the build. It benefits from almost everything the build uses, so a good ~400k dps increase from a 5l scorching ray is easy to reach.

Currently on a ~15-20ex gear, the character can effortless farm any content, including uber elder and pure chayula breachstones. Uber elder usually comes with 1, maybe 2 deaths mostly due to player error, but chayula is always deathless. Delve bosses are trivial at my current depth (~250), but I've yet to see Aul so I got no comment on him.

TLDR:

Not as easy to start as I thought, but not a problem after day 5-6, incredibly powerful mapper AND bosskiller with only core gear and 5l. All content trivial aside from very deep delving on high budget. Build is tanky and sustain is incredible, but bossing requires some good dodging skills, as shaper slams and the like do one shot the build. Use scorching ray and malevolence.

current pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/R4CUE6W9
What do you think about this chest piece?
"
Leraq wrote:
Hey, I've been running a trickster CI version of this build as my league starter, so I thought I'd chime in with some feedback and advice after playing it.

Leveling is alright, scourge arrow is a really good leveling skill, but the build hit a significant snag around early mapping, mainly due to the fact that stormfire, hyrri's ire and hopeshredder are all pretty expensive in the first few days, so crucial gear is hard to come by. This is mostly gone by day 5-6, at which point you can get all 3 for less than 50c combined.

After that, as soon as I had all the required gear, a 5l and some levels(85), the build really took off. It had no problem with high red maps, and killed uber atziri with 3 deaths, still on a measly 2-3 exalt budget.

Later, with investment, the biggest upgrades to the build were good jewels and jewelry, a watcher's eye with the ignite mod on malevolence and switching wrath to malevolence after getting said jewel. Another huge DPS upgrade was using scorching ray on the build. It benefits from almost everything the build uses, so a good ~400k dps increase from a 5l scorching ray is easy to reach.

Currently on a ~15-20ex gear, the character can effortless farm any content, including uber elder and pure chayula breachstones. Uber elder usually comes with 1, maybe 2 deaths mostly due to player error, but chayula is always deathless. Delve bosses are trivial at my current depth (~250), but I've yet to see Aul so I got no comment on him.

TLDR:

Not as easy to start as I thought, but not a problem after day 5-6, incredibly powerful mapper AND bosskiller with only core gear and 5l. All content trivial aside from very deep delving on high budget. Build is tanky and sustain is incredible, but bossing requires some good dodging skills, as shaper slams and the like do one shot the build. Use scorching ray and malevolence.

current pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/R4CUE6W9

Wow that's a very nice take on the build. I like that defensive version a lot.
It's already strong and you still have a few missing pieces that will increase the damage by a lot (thinking of Cinderswallow mainly). Thanks for the feedback !

"
maxrightgame wrote:
What do you think about this chest piece?

It's a bit hard to replace Loreweave as it's a very good chest offensively AND defensively but it will work and the dodge is quite strong if you pair it with Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics.
But look at the Trickster version from Leraq just over your post, he is using it because its high Evasion makes it very good chest on a CI Trickster !
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2222701

Path of Building say 70k + to my charackter Ignite
"
Why wrath and not Malevolence?

Hmm now that you mention it I made a slight mistake, on the PoB I use to theorycraft, my belt have Wrath has x% increased Aura Effect as a corruption so Wrath was still slightly better. But you are right, Malevolence is better and you can equip it earlier since it doesn't need Stormfire to work. I'm modifying the guide right away, thanks !
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
Why wrath and not Malevolence?

It's the opposite for me, Wrath gives more ignite DPS than Malevolence in PoB
My PoB for reference
Last edited by maxrightgame on Mar 24, 2019, 2:45:34 AM
"
maxrightgame wrote:

It's the opposite for me, Wrath gives more ignite DPS than Malevolence in PoB
My PoB for reference

Yeah it depends on how much Added Lightning damage you have on your jewels.
I'll still recommend going Malevolence over Wrath because you can benefit from it before equipping Stormfire (level 80) and if you can get the Malevolence Watcher's Eye with Damaging Ailments you inflict deal Damage 15% faster while affected by Malevolence (something like 30c in SC), it beats Wrath easily. So Wrath is only better than Malevolence between early 80 until you get a few decent jewels.
"
You take Damage Over Time every time you move with Hopeshredder, this DoT stops every time you stop moving like when shooting an arrow for example. Effectively, you are always affected by this Life Recovery bonus that applies on Life Regen, Life Leech and Life Flasks

however, we are always under blood rage effect so we aren't stopping to get degen'ed, wouldn't Arakaali pantheon stop working at that point?
"
maxrightgame wrote:
Fair. I have a question about Arakaali pantheon. You say
"

however, we are always under blood rage effect so we aren't stopping to get degen'ed, wouldn't Arakaali pantheon stop working at that point?

That's a bit I wrote before using Blood Rage but you are correct. If you are permanently under Blood Rage you will only get Arakaali bonus after the CwDT lv1 + Immortal Call proc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info