[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

"
KäptnSharky wrote:
My current setup:

including stuff to switch in:

PoB for skill tree with Elemental equilibrium: https://pastebin.com/3aa0GcaN

Current setup is for Delve bosses.
Kaom's Roots are switched in for Uber Elder.
Pierce instead of Vile Toxins, Qicksilver Flask instead of Forbidden Taste are for clearing.
Blood Magic instead of Withering Touch is for no regen maps.
High life shield is for deep delves, where frenzy charges for crawler are provided by Poacher's Mark anyway.

I have dropped HoP in favor of Hatred+Generosity with Elemental Equilibrium. For me, this was a significant DPS increase. I am at 3.9 mio shaper DPS (5.5 mio during focus) with just HoA. My fastest (deathless) Uber Elder was 2:04 min. I am at delve 800 now and I can kill any delve bosses up to depth ~700 except for Auls with too many offensive mods. 9872 life (10600 with other shield), 1728 ES, 200 lgoh, 30 ESgoh, 8.4 attacks per second (9.7 during focus).

I'd be happy to hear any suggestions on how to further optimize this build. Sadly my better claw
has cold dmg on it and is thus useless with the EE/hatred setup.

Hi, that's some godly gears you have there. May I suggest that you take another look at Physical to Lightning since you are already taking EE. Your source of shock appears to be coming from Focus, without shock, you're sitting at 2.8M. Phy. to Lig. (3.5M shocked) should allow you to shock constantly, and you can still Focus on the bosses. You will need to get rid of Commandment of Ire though, I find that the best glove enchant for this build is "of Light", on your 10k life, it's worth 600 life regen per second for 5 seconds.

Food for thought, on the defensive side I like Indomitable a lot, but it will cost you 3 points. I've been testing Dread Banner these last few days, I don't recommend for anybody to try this as it changes your gems and gears drastically. I'll link my PoB below if you want to see how I made it work. That being said, I really like Dread Banner, mainly for the less accuracy, I notice that while delving that my Immortal Call goes off a lot less often. The impale doesn't benefit me much (Phy to Lig.), but on your build it'll be another 5% ? damage. Dread Banner (less accuracy) also synergize well with Enfeeble (reduced accuracy).

I really like what you did, my next area of testing is to do away with HoP, and you've given me some ideas.

https://pastebin.com/CmVfc7rB

You will probably be wondering why I have wither set to 14. I'm getting it from the Spectral Spirits on my claw.
About Physical to lightning in my setup: Without taking into account shock, any of my support gems is much better. I have no idea what PoB is doing when calculating the damage increase from shock. It seems to generally give you 40% increased damage. My understanding of shock is the following: Shock from hits has a ??? chance to shock, resulting in up to 50% more damage taken based on the damage of the hit. The chance is 100% for crits, which is irrelevant for the crawler, and ??? for normal hits. I have no idea whether there is a certain base chance or you need %chance to shock somewhere to have chance at all. Either way, it is a form of damage increase that needs a certain amount of time to build up.

Shock from focus, on the other hand, gives me an instant 20% damage bonus without any further investment (20% is the default for non-hit based sources of shock).

The glove enchantment is of course bad, I just hate the lab and the gloves are otherwise great. But I also don't value "of light" that much, as you only fully benefit from it, if you stay on one place to some degree. In deep delves, you simply can't do that anyway.

About my DPS numbers: "3.9 mio shaper DPS (5.5 mio during focus)" is actually 3.9 mio and 4.7 mio during focus, as the 5.5 me would be the 40% dmagae increase from shock according to PoB. It really is 3.9 mio and not 2.8 mio, because of the two additional projectiles for the agony crawler, which are not accounted for by PoB.

I have dropped indomitable for EE by the way. At depth 900-1000 I have come to the conclusion that a big crit will kill me anyway and -20% in this particular case won't help me much overall. So I preferred to keep all jewel and max life nodes.
Awesome build! Found a few relatively cheap items that seem to improve on the original (got lucky I think). Having a lot of fun with this.

Especially like the constant HP leech + resistances being maxed on my setup.

Current Items

My understanding of minion crit is that they have a base crit of 5% with a base 130% crit multi, each Power Charge gives them 200% increased crit chance and as far as I know, there is no way to give them more crit multi, and they also have a max of 3 of each type of charges with no way of giving them more.

With 3 power charge, your crawler have 35% chance to crit. Since we don't care about crit multi, 35% chance to crit is the same as 35% chance to shock, at your level of damage you should be shocking everything below Uber Elder, maybe even Uber Elder (I haven't done any calculation to confirm this) and you can still use shock focus.

The "of Light" enchant is the only glove enchant I found remotely useful for this build. I'll take your word for it that a crit at delve 800+ will one shot you no matter what, the furthest I've gone down is 425. I think it'll be useful for most people that have lesser level of gear and skill level, a lot of the end game map bosses are mostly stationary anyway.

So to summarize, in your case the glove enchant doesn't matter. The extra two projectile shouldn't matter for single target since the crawler can't shotgun and they are only useful for clear speed. As far as shocking from hits (crawler), you are already scaling minion attack speed which benefits your crawler's ability to shock regularly greatly. My personal experience after replacing Phantasm with Phy to Lig. is that my crawler "feels like" is doing double its dps, it is that noticeable for me.
Was trying to decide what to do for next league starter and now I know 😀. I have leveled a witch summoner, an RF maruder and an arc Templar to 70+ and this cyclone summoner is by far the most enjoyable. Breeze through leveling and soon to act 10. Going to see how far I can go now 😀😀. Even with mismatch gear and lower than idea resistance it's still awesome.

andy
Andy,
You have any tips for leveling process? I am at 45 right now and having trouble switching from SRS to cyclone. I have the cyclone skill tree, but it just seems to do a lot less than SRS.
I am trying your Hatred + generosity setup but even with lvl 4 enlighten does not allow me to run hatred and HoA at same time due to mana reservation issues. What am I missing? Thanks

"
KäptnSharky wrote:
My current setup:

including stuff to switch in:

PoB for skill tree with Elemental equilibrium: https://pastebin.com/3aa0GcaN

Current setup is for Delve bosses.
Kaom's Roots are switched in for Uber Elder.
Pierce instead of Vile Toxins, Qicksilver Flask instead of Forbidden Taste are for clearing.
Blood Magic instead of Withering Touch is for no regen maps.
High life shield is for deep delves, where frenzy charges for crawler are provided by Poacher's Mark anyway.

I have dropped HoP in favor of Hatred+Generosity with Elemental Equilibrium. For me, this was a significant DPS increase. I am at 3.9 mio shaper DPS (5.5 mio during focus) with just HoA. My fastest (deathless) Uber Elder was 2:04 min. I am at delve 800 now and I can kill any delve bosses up to depth ~700 except for Auls with too many offensive mods. 9872 life (10600 with other shield), 1728 ES, 200 lgoh, 30 ESgoh, 8.4 attacks per second (9.7 during focus).

I'd be happy to hear any suggestions on how to further optimize this build. Sadly my better claw
has cold dmg on it and is thus useless with the EE/hatred setup.
"
neilkingmd wrote:
I am trying your Hatred + generosity setup but even with lvl 4 enlighten does not allow me to run hatred and HoA at same time due to mana reservation issues. What am I missing? Thanks

Are you using essence worm for your other aura? It adds a 1.4 multiplier to all mana reservation. Aul's uprising is required if you want to use both hatred+generosity and discipline or haste.
This build is great. I've been having fun with it and I think it'll become my go-to build.
Thank you for this build. Best working build I played so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info