PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

"
KäptnSharky wrote:
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
I value a high local attack speed roll above all other mods. I even played for awhile with just a T1 AS roll on the claw.

I also disliked the low atkspeed. Using this now. Getting open prefix, atkspeed, minion damage and lgoh vs blind is not that hard imo. Use bound, pristine, shuddering. Currently thats about 12C per roll. Within 20-30 rolls you should get some nice claws.

gem setup differs a lot with weapon change also clear speed becomes incredible. u can put lightning golem and convoc in weapon gems that boosts a lot.And take out blind gem from gloves and put faster attacks on it.
Also all jewels must be pet attack speed on it(u also benefit from its speed)+life and something else if possible
Last edited by luciferus on Jan 3, 2019, 8:23:23 AM
"
KäptnSharky wrote:
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
I value a high local attack speed roll above all other mods. I even played for awhile with just a T1 AS roll on the claw.

I also disliked the low atkspeed. Using this now. Getting open prefix, atkspeed, minion damage and lgoh vs blind is not that hard imo. Use bound, pristine, shuddering. Currently thats about 12C per roll. Within 20-30 rolls you should get some nice claws.

Local attack speed on the claw is super important. Everyone please see the above for an example of an insane claw - much better than pretty much all multimod ones people have been posting.
"
luciferus wrote:
gem setup differs a lot with weapon change also clear speed becomes incredible. u can put lightning golem and convoc in weapon gems that boosts a lot.And take out blind gem from gloves and put faster attacks on it.
Also all jewels must be pet attack speed on it(u also benefit from its speed)+life and something else if possible

About the claw decison: There are two great options.
1. lgoh vs blind --> multimod including trigger socketed spell when you use a skill, blind chance, minion damage
2. lgoh vs blind, blind chance, minion damage and atk speed from fossil crafting

With the first option, you lack a nice more atkspeed modifier. With the second option, you have to use CWDT + convocation. In my opinion, CWDT-convocation is awesome enough. If trigger socketed spell when you use a skill had a shorter coolodown and was clearly superior to CWDT-convocation, I might consider it.

Of course there is a third option: Sacrificing blind chance on claw for trigger socketed spell when you use a skill:
3. lgoh vs blind, minion damage, atk speed, trigger socketed spell when you use a skill
This would require you to use blind support in the gloves again instead of culling strike or increased aoe. I might try that in the future.

About the jewels: Thank you for repeating that, as it is absolutely true. "All jewels" might be a bit exaggerated, as jewels can also give you a lot of resistance which gives you more flexibility for the rest of your gear. And importantly, getting a lot of increased attack speed from jewels does not replace the local and thus more attack speed multiplier on the claws.
"
KäptnSharky wrote:
"
luciferus wrote:

About the claw decison: There are two great options.
1. lgoh vs blind --> multimod including trigger socketed spell when you use a skill, blind chance, minion damage
2. lgoh vs blind, blind chance, minion damage and atk speed from fossil crafting

With the first option, you lack a nice more atkspeed modifier. With the second option, you have to use CWDT + convocation. In my opinion, CWDT-convocation is awesome enough. If trigger socketed spell when you use a skill had a shorter coolodown and was clearly superior to CWDT-convocation, I might consider it.

Of course there is a third option: Sacrificing blind chance on claw for trigger socketed spell when you use a skill:
3. lgoh vs blind, minion damage, atk speed, trigger socketed spell when you use a skill
This would require you to use blind support in the gloves again instead of culling strike or increased aoe. I might try that in the future.

About the jewels: Thank you for repeating that, as it is absolutely true. "All jewels" might be a bit exaggerated, as jewels can also give you a lot of resistance which gives you more flexibility for the rest of your gear. And importantly, getting a lot of increased attack speed from jewels does not replace the local and thus more attack speed multiplier on the claws.

you guys are always forgeting one thing when i read posts. This builds damage is minions and not you and your poison stacks. Mainly u need atack speed to stack virulense asap. As u have atack speed for that, more attack speed gives nothing. And dont write about heal, im facetanking everthying, except shaper beam with my current gear (which is a budget one) For uber elder u can use Aul's uprising with purity of ice combined with watcher's eye jewel with freeze imunity(i place purity of ice in other ring with +3 socket life and resists) Ez uber elder farm
purity of ice aul is like 1ex watcher eye freeze imunity is cheap
All other map mods include guardians on any mode i run with bisco's collar and ventors gamble
Last edited by luciferus on Jan 3, 2019, 10:12:22 AM
"
luciferus wrote:

you guys are always forgeting one thing when i read posts. This builds damage is minions and not you and your poison stacks. Mainly u need atack speed to stack virulense asap. As u have atack speed for that, more attack speed gives nothing. And dont write about heal, im facetanking everthying, except shaper beam with my current gear (which is a budget one) For uber elder u can use Aul's uprising with purity of ice combined with watcher's eye jewel with freeze imunity(i place purity of ice in other ring with +3 socket life and resists) Ez uber elder farm
All other map mods include guardians on any mode i run with bisco's collar and ventors gamble

Shaper and Uber Elder do indeed not require much investment with this build. When it comes to deep delves and delve bosses, you want as much max life, lgoh and attack speed as you can possibly get. I am at 9374 life and 1276 ES, 203 lgoh and 30 ESgoh, 7.12 aps with cyclone without flasks or focus. And I would still prefer to have even more of all this. Scaling defenses is much more important than offenses at some point, and atkspeed is a crucial part of our defense.
"
KäptnSharky wrote:

Shaper and Uber Elder do indeed not require much investment with this build. When it comes to deep delves and delve bosses, you want as much max life, lgoh and attack speed as you can possibly get. I am at 9374 life and 1276 ES, 203 lgoh and 30 ESgoh, 7.12 aps with cyclone without flasks or focus. And I would still prefer to have even more of all this. Scaling defenses is much more important than offenses at some point, and atkspeed is a crucial part of our defense.

Cool build to OP and I especially like your setup KaptnSharky.

Question though, would Champion be a better pick for this build?

Pros:

-Minions have 100% chance to hit. Not a big boon over Guardian, but still useful.
-Enemies take 20% increased damage. Huge damage buff.
-Also has access to Intimidate.
-Free Adrenaline proc when you get chunked hard.
-10% attack speed and +1000 base armour and eva during fortify.
-6% reduced damage taken, 10% reduced for your HoP minions.
-(OPTIONAL) If you get Intimidate on gear somewhere, you can instead trade Intimidate and Adrenaline for the Banner node and run Dread Banner, giving another more phys multiplier to your minions and double Fortify effect when you place it making you even tankier. Or you could trade Unstoppable Hero node for this, hard to say what best option is.

Cons:

-Lose access to free Endurance charge generation, would have to slot Enduring Cry.
-Lose 10% block chance. Lose the 50% extra block chance every 2 out of 5 seconds.
-HoP minions lose their extra special attack.

The skill tree already passes right in front of Duelist start so very little modification is needed. It seems to me like Champion is the far better choice, but I could be wrong. Any thoughts on it?
Last edited by cl_gibcount on Jan 3, 2019, 1:36:05 PM
"
KäptnSharky wrote:
"
luciferus wrote:

well i talk about casual gaming. my gear is cost like 5-6 ex while yours cost 50+ lul. About aps i have 7.6 aps in my hideout, without atkspeed on claw
Last edited by luciferus on Jan 3, 2019, 4:26:29 PM
Some data on crafting ilvl 86 elder gemini claws with 61x pristine-bound-shuddering:
1 claw with lgoh vs blind, atkspeed, minion damage and open prefix:

5 still somewhat decent claws

"
luciferus wrote:
And dont write about heal, im facetanking everthying, except shaper beam with my current gear (which is a budget one)

I actually can facetank the beam btw, life is just sloowwly going down. I still have to make sure not to get hit by too many balls though.

"
cl_gibcount wrote:
It seems to me like Champion is the far better choice, but I could be wrong. Any thoughts on it?

I haven't really thought in detail about any non-guardian version of a cyclone summoner to be honest. But I would say the loss of bastion of hope for block and harmony of purpose for especially endurance charges is not compensated enough. 5 endurance charges that are almost generated instantly (also vs. bosses) are very powerful.

While champion might be slightly better offensively (possibly), I'm pretty sure Guardian is superior defensively, and thats what matters most.

I am convinced guardian is the best league starter. And I am aware that for a high budget, gladiator or occultist are probably better than guardian. Check systemplayerlost's suggestions in the guide.

"
KäptnSharky wrote:

I haven't really thought in detail about any non-guardian version of a cyclone summoner to be honest. But I would say the loss of bastion of hope for block and harmony of purpose for especially endurance charges is not compensated enough. 5 endurance charges that are almost generated instantly (also vs. bosses) are very powerful.

While champion might be slightly better offensively (possibly), I'm pretty sure Guardian is superior defensively, and thats what matters most.

I am convinced guardian is the best league starter. And I am aware that for a high budget, gladiator or occultist are probably better than guardian. Check systemplayerlost's suggestions in the guide.

Thanks, good to know. Champion is definitely better offensively, but yes it's hard to say if it can compete defensively. It's the Endurance charges that are the important part, Bastion of Hope is too unreliable to be a significant defensive bonus in my opinion.

There is one kinda neat solution to that this league: the "+1 to Minimum Endurance Charges" craft. It can be crafted on rings and amulets, giving you 3 permanent endurance charges, which you can bump up to 4 right away in a boss fight with enduring cry.

So 4 charges + 1000 more base armor (3000 actual from tree ~200% inc armor this build has) + 6% reduced dmg taken from taunt = higher physical damage reduction than Guardian.
I'm looking for a character specifically for delving, and this caught my attention, for the obvious LGOH shenannigans. I'm wondering whether guardian or occultist would be better - I can imagine occultist doing fairly well, thanks to increased curse effect + poacher's mark/TC/enfeeble, what with delve monsters being cursable when in darkness.

I'm not necessarily looking to delve deep, btw, I'm delving broad for faming purposes, so I'm more interested in running around in darkness a lot than big damages or uber clears. Any thoughts?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info