Does Delve get any better as you go deeper?

The most interesting are probably the City Biomes but they're a little bit rare. May not be worth the Grind for you.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
johnKeys wrote:
There are boss fights deeper down. at least 3 that I know of, based on videos.
they go something like this:

1) Vaal Architect. clusterfuck with a buggy darkness phase.
2) Abyss Lich. tests your GPU, bullshit Michael Bay full screen attacks, and 2 phases for ultimate "fun".
3) Crystal warrior king (final boss?). seems fair, until you see him hit the Streamer with a almost-7k basic melee attack.

GGG kind of went over the top in this one.

I'll go back to being eaten by killer squirrels now.

In short, more QA untested/poorly-tested material.

I suppose I should expect that from GGG at this point.

Fuck me for playing this game.
Wash your hands, Exile!
i got past 150 today and it's pretty much the same as in the 60's. mobs hit a bit harder. i got 1 shotted by something one time,it wasnt the darkness just some mobs. nothing too exciting. loot seems to be about the same as well. i dont know if it will ever get "exciting" if it does, it will be in depths my toon wont be good enough to go
It will get better.

One of the very few things Charan and I agree on, is Infinite Dungeon is a great feature. we both loved the one in Torchlight.

The concept is good in my opinion. The current implementation isn't, and the gating (Sulphate) is a Bestiary-level-what-the-fuck-were-they-thinking mess.

It will get better when it merges to the core game. fingers crossed.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
The current implementation isn't, and the gating (Sulphate) is a Bestiary-level-what-the-fuck-were-they-thinking mess.

It's on a "passable" level for me. Summit Maps seem to have so much area I've gotten at least 2 piles from each Map so far, so that's like 300-450 Sulphite per Map at T12 - which is more than enough Sulphite for people who enjoy both Maps and Delve, and don't mind rotating between them.

However, I agree that it could be improved, mainly with my own suggestion of getting the best of both worlds by allowing Delving to be free, but the best rewards of said Delves to be Sulphite-gated. But obviously, I'm biased.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Sep 11, 2018, 11:54:49 AM
"
adghar wrote:
mainly with my own suggestion of getting the best of both worlds by allowing Delving to be free, but the best rewards of said Delves to be Sulphite-gated. But obviously, I'm biased.

Yeah, I suggested something along the same lines: cheap runs for common delve path with rewarding delve gated behind higher price. And higher/more consistent sulphite returns from maps (if you always got 3 ores you would be golden).

This said if the crawler mechanic bores or annoys you then going deeper won't make it more fun.
"
johnKeys wrote:
I'll go back to being eaten by killer squirrels now.

Rimworld?
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
"
johnKeys wrote:
It will get better.

One of the very few things Charan and I agree on, is Infinite Dungeon is a great feature. we both loved the one in Torchlight.

The concept is good in my opinion. The current implementation isn't, and the gating (Sulphate) is a Bestiary-level-what-the-fuck-were-they-thinking mess.

It will get better when it merges to the core game. fingers crossed.

That's kind of what I thought about Bestiary: Great idea! WTF were you thinking with the implementation?

My biggest complaint is my biggest complaint in every league: obviously untested (or almost-untested) mechanics. Shitty QA seems to be de rigueur with GGG now.

The unstackable currency in this League is just salt rubbed into the wound. Because you KNOW that was a deliberate, and cynical, decision.
Wash your hands, Exile!
I gave up far earlier than you. I originally said I wasn't going to bother, but the videos I saw of people doing the delves seemed interesting, so I gave it a shot.

I spent all my mats to try and increase my capacity, so that I wasn't maxing out every other level, but then I didn't have enough darkness resist, or light, so I did that, and then I leveled more, and ended up stuck with maxing out the sulphite again.

I'm sure some people like it, but Combined with needing to start over, without anything I've acquired in the game, with the grind, and irritating nature of needing to delve so often that you end up over leveling the content you are doing missions in, I just gave up, and went back to standard. Delve is not for me.
Does Delve get any better as you go deeper?

To that I must say I have no idea, but I reckon it will be so yes, in a way.
I have yet to go quite a bit before I reach even Delve depth 100, but one things for sure. I´m having fun doing Delve and Delving overall is actually just fun. I like it.
I like Delve more then I actually expected to like it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info