Does Delve get any better as you go deeper?

I'm at Depth 65 and it's mind-numbingly boring. Worse than maps.

Am I just not deep enough to get to the interesting bits?
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last bumped on Nov 12, 2018, 12:37:49 AM
In a word, yes.
Depends on what you find interesting.

When you get to area levels comparable to Maps, Delves start to gain area modifiers like map modifiers.

I'm not 100% certain of this, but City Biomes also appear to appear more frequently the deeper you go, or after a certain depth is reached. Those present new mechanics compared to Maps, but if you're a fan of speed clearing, you will be annoyed by those mechanics.

Otherwise, it is kind of just more of the same. Thus, what bores you may still be present (is it that monsters are too easy? You won't be bored later. Is it that the environments are too stale? You might still be bored or you might discover new biomes that you like more. Is it that Delves are not rewarding enough? They get more and more rewarding as you learn to navigate the darkness and/or find City Biomes.)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
The problem I have with ALL of the new stuff GGG adds to their game is that it's over-tuned. A level 60 area in delve is a whole lot harder than the level 60 areas in Act 9. Running through a level 80 map is going to be much easier for you than doing a level 80 area in delve.

So you end up doing "boring" stuff, rather than material that's at your level. Delve gets "better" as you go deeper. But it also will get harder.
They are getting somewhat more intense, but no big changes. Delve is endurance check, not power or skill.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The problem I have with ALL of the new stuff GGG adds to their game is that it's over-tuned. A level 60 area in delve is a whole lot harder than the level 60 areas in Act 9. Running through a level 80 map is going to be much easier for you than doing a level 80 area in delve.

So you end up doing "boring" stuff, rather than material that's at your level. Delve gets "better" as you go deeper. But it also will get harder.

It's kind of ridiculous really. I just got one shot in a level 80 Delve (level 68 monsters. Maybe 70), by one of those squirrels that spin their tail.
My char is by no means tanky, but at this point easily clears T4 maps.
Also, the other monsters in that level of Delve don't hit half that hard.

I hope they balance things.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Sep 11, 2018, 11:08:03 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

This tends to change the deeper you get. I don't exactly understand the formulae involved, but Delve 100 is equivalent to level 70 or so? And the mobs are not even remotely overtuned the way Incursion was.

Incursion was the definition of overtuned mobs. Delve seems a lot easier.

But to answer the OP - go deeper. Rewards get incrementally better. I was Delving laterally for a while, but down is better.

But don't expect Incursion levels of loot.
Nice responses. Thanks, guys.

I should have been more specific. Loot by itself is boring. So no, I'm not looking for a more rewarding (in terms of explicit rewards) experience, no. Wealth is easy to come by in this game, for better or worse.

I guess I'm just looking for something a little more interesting. Trailing or leading that mine cart is really lame. And the rooms themselves that I've seen so far are not interesting enough to make up for that.

A greater challenge would be nice, but I don't consider sudden one-shots to be a greater challenge so much as a design and/or QA failure (A10 Kitava is a perfect example of that).

Sigh. Maybe there are more interesting rooms deeper down.
Wash your hands, Exile!
yes, and no. If you are at 65 and you will go to 200, yes. if you are at 300 and you will go to 500 - hell no. I would say stay at 200-270 (depends on ratio maps:delve you want) and just go sideways 4ever.
There are boss fights deeper down. at least 3 that I know of, based on videos.
they go something like this:

1) Vaal Architect. clusterfuck with a buggy darkness phase.
2) Abyss Lich. tests your GPU, bullshit Michael Bay full screen attacks, and 2 phases for ultimate "fun".
3) Crystal warrior king (final boss?). seems fair, until you see him hit the Streamer with a almost-7k basic melee attack.

GGG kind of went over the top in this one.

I'll go back to being eaten by killer squirrels now.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info